49ers OG Mike Iupati to sign with Cardinals

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Makes a ton of sense for the Cards - scheme fit, plus huge need. I thought Iupati was a lock to resign with 49ers a few months back....my how things change quickly

ringless

Reaction score
Wow if this is true this is a great start to FA... First Weatherspoon who was the top rated ILB FA, and now Iupati....

But then I remember we are going to lose Dan Williams and I get sad. Now we just need a NT, and a RB

With Veldheer at LT who I believe only allowed 1 sack this season, our first round pick LG in Cooper, Iupati in at RG, and rumor is we are going after Stefen Wis from Oakland we would have the best O-line in the west, with hopefully a better Defense than last year..... Wonder if all these signing on the O-line are to bring in a stud RB and protect Palmer

Or I wonder if Cooper will switch from LG perhaps so Iupati plays the position

ringless

Reaction score
Now 49er fans are saying he was on the decline anyways, and that with his age we should see a decline in his protection...

27 years old... Maybe he is entering his prime? Anyways, he always had his way with Dockett and now he gets to do it again 2 times a year

Hawks46

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":26zy77oj said:
Yeah. Good for them, bad for us. :cry:

Not sure how it's really bad for us, unless it's Iupati in a better situation. Not like he (or the Niners OL) dominated us last year. We dealt with him on the NIners, don't see how he's going to be a crap ton better on a different team.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ringless":2z7vtxbv said:
Now 49er fans are saying he was on the decline anyways, and that with his age we should see a decline in his protection...

27 years old... Maybe he is entering his prime? Anyways, he always had his way with Dockett and now he gets to do it again 2 times a year
He struggled last year off a broken ankle injury, but Iupati is still very good.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
ringless":2toz8u7y said:

Iupati is a 75 game vet at LG and your willing to swap him to RG to accommodate Cooper, who's done nothing for you so far?

ringless

Reaction score
HawksSoc":i6d4uclq said:
ringless":i6d4uclq said:

Iupati is a 75 game vet at LG and your willing to swap him to RG to accommodate Cooper, who's done nothing for you so far?

At the end of my post I said I thought Cooper would switch from LG... I would have to assume he either goes to C if we don't get Stefen Wis from Oakland. In any case Cooper was injured, he is supposedly as healthy as he has been at the pro level and he started to play really well so we will see.

SF49r

Reaction score
ringless":313p86xa said:

Has always been mediocre in pass protection but as a runblocker man he is one of the best

ringless

Reaction score
SF49r":10jpbdty said:
ringless":10jpbdty said:

Has always been mediocre in pass protection but as a runblocker man he is one of the best

Well he was great in Pass pro when Alex was in town.... It makes me wonder if Kaep had something to do with his lower pass pro rating. It has to be hard on linemen when they don't know exactly where there QB is. Obviously he is a mauler in run blocking. But I think him having a prototypical type pocket passer will do wonders for his pass pro.

SF49r

Reaction score
ringless":2dviftbz said:
SF49r":2dviftbz said:
ringless":2dviftbz said:

Well he was great in Pass pro when Alex was in town.... It makes me wonder if Kaep had something to do with his lower pass pro rating. It has to be hard on linemen when they don't know exactly where there QB is. Obviously he is a mauler in run blocking. But I think him having a prototypical type pocket passer will do wonders for his pass pro.
Looked about the same to me, I always saw him get blown up constantly. Still hate to see him go and he'll be a huge loss.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Carson Palmer will be broken by week 4 unless they run the ball EVERY play.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ringless":1hvuusmr said:

Huh? What 9er fans? Like in a comments section somewhere or something? On the webzone?

Dude, seriously, nobody cares about your race to the homer bottom with some idiot somewhere.

You thought Darnell Dockett "bleeds red" and was everything to love about the Cardinals until he signed with the 9ers at which point you inisisted he was washed up and not worth 4 million. In turn now some idiot somewhere who happens to be a 9ers fan is trying to convince himself that Iupati sucks. Of course he's an idiot. So what?

no1curr, dude.

:th2thumbs:

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1kbkbp3e said:
ringless":1kbkbp3e said:

Huh? What 9er fans? Like in a comments section somewhere or something? On the webzone?

Dude, seriously, nobody cares about your race to the homer bottom with some idiot somewhere.

You thought Darnell Dockett "bleeds red" and was everything to love about the Cardinals until he signed with the 9ers at which point you inisisted he was washed up and not worth 4 million. In turn now some idiot somewhere who happens to be a 9ers fan is trying to convince himself that Iupati sucks. Of course he's an idiot. So what?

no1curr, dude.

:th2thumbs:

Looks like Ringless might need one of Pe's sexual assault kits.

rlkats

Reaction score
Great singing for the cards. Ringless is again just starting crap.