hawkfan68

Reaction score

getnasty

Reaction score

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":5b5d4gb7 said:
hawkfan68":5b5d4gb7 said:
This one is a surprise. Jake Long was one of the top tackles in the NFL. Then he decided to go to where good lineman go to rot in St. Louis. Depending on price, he may be a nice addition to the Seahawks OL. Insurance for Okung, who seems to get hurt each year. He may even re-discover his success at tackle.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477539/article/jake-long-released-by-st-louis-rams

Jake Long has been mediocre for awhile now.
Probably a pipe dream but mediocre might look good with our O-line.

getnasty

Reaction score
I just dont see a fit for him unless he bumped inside, plus someone will give him some cash.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Long was once seen as one of the best left tackles in football, but injuries have taken a toll on the former 2008 No. 1 overall pick. Long has finished each of the past four seasons on injured reserve, including both his seasons with the Rams after back-to-back ACL tears. Long left the Dolphins to sign a four-year, $34 million deal with the Rams in March 2013.

Pass. :177692:

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Whilst an injury prone lineman isn't what we need, he's not going to command a whole lot and the upside is big. Shouldn't be much risk involved, wouldn't mind us taking a look.

original poster

Reaction score
I could really take him or leave him, think I'd rather the draft for his position.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Long went from really good to mediocre when he tried to play through a shoulder/chest thing in Miami. The ACL injury last year made his current deal a bad contract. Odd, ACL injuries have not done the same to Bradford...

But as a flier vet contract, or at least check him out? Absolutely. Though we would not be the only team with that idea. His college scouting reports will still be on the minds of lots of teams.

dcbshowstopper

Reaction score
Jake Long injured his acl in back to back seasons. I may be wrong, but I would think two acl injuries to an offensive lineman would be more stressful as he has to push off of his legs more and has more pressure on his knees as he is fending off defenders who weigh 270 lbs or more quite often. Also, there is a replacement readily available for Long in Greg Robinson while there is not one for Bradford. Now if Mariota or Winston falls to #10 (not likely), Bradford could suffer the same fate as Long.