G Shelley Smith visiting Hawks (signs w/ Broncos)

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
More info about Smith:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobRang/status/575485269790486529[/tweet]

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
HawkFan72":assr17cb said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/575483150408638464[/tweet]

Strictly speaking, as superficially as I can be at this moment, if an athlete goes by the name 'Shelley', he must be one tough mofo!

TAB420

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":3vmxvi43 said:
HawkFan72":3vmxvi43 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/575483150408638464[/tweet]

Strictly speaking, as superficially as I can be at this moment, if an athlete goes by the name 'Shelley', he must be one tough mofo!
Like a boy named Sue.

McGruff

Reaction score
One of the most interesting thing about all these visits and signings (not trades) so far is that they are all with players who were released, not "natural" free agents . . . the significance is that none of them count against next year's compensatory pick equation.

dadof3

Reaction score
Was he a cap casualty to pay for Suh? Probably can't be much worse than Carp in any case

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
dadof3":1tw4v6g8 said:
Was he a cap casualty to pay for Suh? Probably can't be much worse than Carp in any case
Yes, he was a cap cut. And PFF graded him out worse than Carp last season. Not very big either.....measured 6-2 7/8 at his combine. Very short arms (32 1/2) and small hands (9 1/4), too. But he fits the ZBS, has some versatility and starting experience at both OG spots (and a brief experiment at Center), and wouldn't count towards the compensatory pick formula if signed/kept next season, so not the worst guy to bring in for some veteran off-season insurance along the interior OL.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Makes sense. I expect them to look into a lot of options at Guard even more so than Center. I think we will find Unger much more replaceable than some of the 'doom and gloomers' would have you believe. I expect them to go with Lewis/LJP and maybe a rook at Center and then attack Guard with a couple free agents, a draft pick, and an UDFA or two and get a lot of competition going there to find the right fit.

Bprez3

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":21ilcc75 said:
She's certainly built like a lineman.

Hqdefault

Classic! Hopefully, she will put together something along the lines of The Real Rob Report

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":s8xwm7cr said:
Miami's guards were dismal. Every one of them.

Cable has a pretty good track record with guys who were terrible elsewhere. Breno, McQ, and Omiyale.

Obviously, he must have misheard Alex Gibbs' famous line about finding garbage men, and interpreted it to mean searching through garbage.

ivotuk

Reaction score
kearly":kerwsxbd said:
Scottemojo":kerwsxbd said:

Cable has a pretty good track record with guys who were terrible elsewhere. Breno, McQ, and Omiyale.

Obviously, he must have misheard Alex Gibbs' famous line about finding garbage men, and interpreted it to mean searching through garbage.

...in the hopes of finding "Dirtbags"

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":2xqb7mlc said:
Scottemojo":2xqb7mlc said:

I think it is more a desire to have a team with femmy names. Christine, Gurley, Shelly...

A

Anonymous

Scottemojo":2rnpmsca said:
kearly":2rnpmsca said:
Scottemojo":2rnpmsca said:

I think it is more a desire to have a team with femmy names. Christine, Gurley, Shelly...

...'Shawny, Kami, Thomasina, Luka...

WendellWent

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2t6cpikz said:
Scottemojo":2t6cpikz said:
kearly":2t6cpikz said:
Scottemojo":2t6cpikz said:

...'Shawny, Kami, Thomasina, Luka...

From funny to embarrassing in one post.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Dolphins fan tells me he was good coming from St Louis as a part time player. In Miami, he was always just healthy enough to play but not healthy enough to play well.