Can't believe Stefen Wisnewski hasn't been signed yet

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I don't put too much stock in PFF scores, but his is negative. I thought he was a pretty bad run blocker last year, and he has the same issue Unger does, his gun snaps are kind of errant.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Thank you Scotte.

I think Terrible Tom could help him improve if given a chance. His market is pretty slow so if we could get him on the cheap...

Anybody else have thoughts on Wisnewski?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I think they don't want to offset the Maxwell signing so they will stick bringing guys that are cut and drafting replacements

naholmes

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2q1w4zbm said:
I think they don't want to offset the Maxwell signing so they will stick bringing guys that are cut and drafting replacements
But won't the Carp or Malcolm Smith losses count for something as well?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
His reputation seems to be very high among fans, not sure it's justified to be honest.

Rodney Hudson is a fantastic center on the other hand. Oakland was quite happy to move on at some cost too.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
naholmes":pc3uk9fh said:
Hawkfan77":pc3uk9fh said:
But won't the Carp or Malcolm Smith losses count for something as well?

It's possible.

The compensation formula is going to be totally out of whack next year. There are so many bigger UFA contracts. For the last few years, getting a 1.7ish APY contract meant at least a 7th round pick. My guess is it'll be closer to 2.7 next year.

Additionally, probably only the top 3-4 UFA deals will merit a 3rd. Maxwell may or may not even make that threshold depending on how the signing period shakes out. Carpenter's deal at 5m may be a 6th round qualifier where this year it would have been a 5th/almost 4th.

Don't know what Smith signed for. But if it's for 2ish million -- I'd guess it's not high enough to qualify.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I hope the Broncos get him. So we can nab Chris Meyers on a cheap stop-gap deal and let him mentor our young centers up.

The guy has 8 full seasons of starting experience, never missing a game, and spent his entire career in the ZBS.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Today, Clayton was talking about his agent asking for 5 mil a year, and the Hawks offering around 3 mil a year. If that's the case, meet in the middle and get it done.

original poster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":j5nhmnvn said:
Today, Clayton was talking about his agent asking for 5 mil a year, and the Hawks offering around 3 mil a year. If that's the case, meet in the middle and get it done.

Yeah I agree, I wouldn't be angry at signing him at $4 million to be honest.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I have a feeling we might see some movement on this once Mebane is either restructured or cut.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2no1gl2b said:
Why cut Bane?
He's 5.5 mil against the cap, and they just signed that guy from the Browns that plays his position + they have Hill...... Just speculation I've heard. Not saying I llke them cutting him, just pointing out the situation.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Something is fishy with the Wiz.

He's an average to above average versatile interior OL, better than and more consistent than Carp and Giacomini. Who got 17 and 19 across 4 years.

Wiz has 4 years of exp and will be only 26. The prime for an interior OL imo is 27-32.

If teams wanted for $5m they probably could and bank on the potential that a solid OL could get even better in his prime.

You could give him a 5 yr, 25m deal.

With cap hits 3, 4.5, 4.5, 6.5, 6.5 included is a 7.5 SB.

He makes 9m in 2015. Guarantee his first two years for a total of 12m in guaranteed money.

You can cut him in yr 3 if you feel he's not worth the contract saving 3m in 2017 and 3.5 m in 2018.

Or cut him year 4 and save 10m across the last years.

The fact that his market dropped after Seattle and there hasn't been any new information on his other visits.

Seems to me he's waiting on Seattle.

I think they don't want to play there cards just yet and they are trying to restructure Mebane. If not I think they'll cut McDaniel and resign Dobbs or Williams freeing up that 3m needed for Wiz in the model above.

You could start Rubin at 3T with Bane at NT/1T. And have Hill and others sub in. Likely get a draft pick or two to push the competition level.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I think he wants to go to a winner after playing in Oakland for so long. The better teams are looking toward the draft and if they don't get what they want out of the draft, they'll look to a free agent like Wisnewski. His production probably isn't worth the extra $4 million per year that a team will pay over a draft pick's production. The NFL is a business and teams have to skimp on some positions so that they can keep their marquee players.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Free agent C Stefen Wisniewski is recovering from offseason shoulder surgery after playing with a torn labrum last year.
This would explain why Wisniewski remains on the open market after visiting the Bucs, Seahawks, and Bears, while also drawing interested from the Chiefs and Rams. He's reportedly seeking $4 million a year, but teams need to feel comfortable with Wisniewski medically before doling out that kind of cash. Mar 25 - 12:18 PM Rotoworld