Top 100 plays of 2014......

Weadoption

Reaction score
The Kap run is pretty sick, too bad he dosent know how to check down or throw somebody open.

Tical21

Reaction score
No way the Beckham catch should not win. Should not have been possible with pads and a helmet. Top five might be an understatement.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tical21":dli422nw said:
No way the Beckham catch should not win. Should not have been possible with pads and a helmet. Top five might be an understatement.
What kind of recreational drugs do you partake in? Just curious.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
There's probably 5 better catches than that. Maybe 10. List em and I'm sure we'll all agree. But more memorable? On national tv with everybody watching? Not many. Only thing that could have made it better was if it was in the playoffs, to seal a win. Then it would have been the Beastquake of catches.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Nothing's going to change the fact that we have fundamental differences of opinion on what constitutes an amazing catch. If you think this is a top ten all-time catch, no amount of videos I can post will convince you otherwise.

You know how a kid practicing gymnastics has a lot more confidence when they're on that practice beam that is a few inches off the ground, then they're a lot more cautious on the higher ones where falling can hurt? I liken that to catching a ball without a DB draped all over you (the beam a few inches off the ground) against a DB in your face with their arms and such constantly impeding your vision and affecting you directly. Beckham's catch had the ball coming in after the DB was away from him, making it fairly clean. You think he makes that with Sherman right up on him, even if Sherman never touches the ball?

No way. It's a very good catch, but it's NOT a contestant for any all-time lists in my opinion. I'll repeat myself from when this conversation happened a few months ago: I think a lot of people are underestimating how much more difficult it is to catch a ball with a DB right on you trying to do everything they can to prevent it.

You don't agree. Fine. *shrug*

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know wtf you're talking about, because you're kind of rambling, but if you'd post video of the catches you think are better than this one I'm bound to agree with at least some of them, if not all. Especially if you include the context.

The Dirty Dozen Fan

Reaction score
Though I hate to say it.....that 4th & 10 play when the Niners played at the Saints and Kap lobbed that 50+ yarder to Crabtree !

thebanjodude

Reaction score
ODB's catch definitely deserves to win. Not even close, IMO. It will rightfully win by a landslide.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Beckham catch should win .. despite what Roland says .. that was one of the best catches ever.

Latest posts