BB To the Saints... (Thread from last year)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm surprised the Saints are trading away all their big money deals, and then they sign Browner for more than $5m a year. The Saints handed out some big money in their secondary last year too.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":10ops4jl said:
I'm surprised the Saints are trading away all their big money deals, and then they sign Browner for more than $5m a year. The Saints handed out some big money in their secondary last year too.

I've been hearing that the Saints are unloading offensive money so they can upgrade the defense.

IMO I think they'll be no better for it, and I would not want to be a Saints fan over the next few years. I see serious troubles in their future.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Good for him. I wished he was coming back here, but glad to see that he got a nice contract somewhere. His skill set is somewhat limited, but the parts he'd good at are potent.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kidhawk":2n1wui5h said:
HawkFan72":2n1wui5h said:

I've been hearing that the Saints are unloading offensive money so they can upgrade the defense.

IMO I think they'll be no better for it, and I would not want to be a Saints fan over the next few years. I see serious troubles in their future.

My guess is that they're rolling the dice one more time on taking a run while Brees is still playing.

In doing so, they're (IMO rightly) assuming that an elite QB makes other offensive position players look better than they are much more so than vice-versa. There's a reason why guys like Robert Meachem and Reggie Bush looked like really good players when they were with the Brees', and why undrafted free agents like Colston and Lance Moore look like really good players when playing with Brees as well. The same will almost definitely be true for Pierre Thomas, and maybe even Jimmy Graham to some degree.

The thing that Brees can't have an influence on is the defense, so they're putting their resources there. Brees also can't over-compensate for a chain moving running back, but he can for a pass catchng one (why they keep Ingram but dump Bush and Thomas).

So, it hasn't worked so far (they definitely spent big on D last offseason and it blew up in their faces), but I get the idea behind it. (Still really hard to give up Graham though, I'm sure).

byau

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":2oh0hskx said:
Good for him. I wished he was coming back here, but glad to see that he got a nice contract somewhere. His skill set is somewhat limited, but the parts he'd good at are potent.

Heh... first thought is the Saints know Jimmy Graham's strengths and weaknesses so they made sure to get someone who could defend him when the Hawks come to town.

Genius

wizard1183

Reaction score
byau":1f1k5et1 said:
SnoCoHawk":1f1k5et1 said:

Heh... first thought is the Saints know Jimmy Graham's strengths and weaknesses so they made sure to get someone who could defend him when the Hawks come to town.

Genius
Jimmy should do well for the hawks this season after a dismal yr with the Saints. I doubt Saints see Seahawks in the post season. They should get to the 2nd rd at the very least IMO. In the hawks case, Lynch isn't getting over 1000+yrds rushing this yr. Mark my words. I'd put him at 850+ just as most of the players will be dropping back statistically. They lost the SB, Don't expect them to go back so easy this time even if your team doesnt change much. The% chance of winning it if they do go back? Well its pretty small. Not to mention that team left a HUGE black eye for the stunt they pulled at the end of the SB. That doesn't bode well...

marko358

Reaction score
wizard1183":22jjaxjy said:
Jimmy should do well for the hawks this season after a dismal yr with the Saints. I doubt Saints see Seahawks in the post season. They should get to the 2nd rd at the very least IMO. In the hawks case, Lynch isn't getting over 1000+yrds rushing this yr. Mark my words. I'd put him at 850+ just as most of the players will be dropping back statistically. They lost the SB, Don't expect them to go back so easy this time even if your team doesnt change much. The% chance of winning it if they do go back? Well its pretty small. Not to mention that team left a HUGE black eye for the stunt they pulled at the end of the SB. That doesn't bode well...

That's some in-depth analysis right there folks.

Not sure why you're wasting time on a message board when you should be interviewing for a gig on the NFL Network.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Good for BB, I'm just glad the Pats couldn't resign him. I hope they give up 60 pts a game.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/576124721915437056[/tweet]

Happy

Reaction score
Jville":ngpq4m72 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/576124721915437056[/tweet]

That's backup quarterback money.

Good for BB, wow. Miss that guy.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
wizard1183":1vvht3or said:
byau":1vvht3or said:
SnoCoHawk":1vvht3or said:

Genius
Be sure to come back with that crap when the Beast does what he does again.I expect us to go back.Your team has not so you got some bitterness with that.Your like a 180 from the other Saints guys I see on this board.Just go away man..

MVP53

Reaction score
wizard1183":3lerrh1o said:
byau":3lerrh1o said:
SnoCoHawk":3lerrh1o said:

Genius

So, they're not going back to the SB because...

1. They lost it last year.
and
2. They got in a fight at the end of the game last year.

Am I understanding that correctly? So, basically karma is going to prevent them from getting to the SB, I guess?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
MVP53":3g1dsk98 said:
wizard1183":3g1dsk98 said:
byau":3g1dsk98 said:
SnoCoHawk":3g1dsk98 said:

Genius

So, they're not going back to the SB because...

1. They lost it last year.
and
2. They got in a fight at the end of the game last year.

Am I understanding that correctly? So, basically karma is going to prevent them from getting to the SB, I guess?

Don't laugh...they got VooDoo and such down there...

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
kidhawk":2jupqfvo said:
HawkFan72":2jupqfvo said:

This is their second year doing this. They got burned last year do to injuries but that is what you get tryin to "buy" a team.

dadof3

Reaction score
wizard1183":2x2lak8s said:
byau":2x2lak8s said:
SnoCoHawk":2x2lak8s said:

Genius
Yeah, Lynch won't get 1000 yards because........well, just because

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
wizard1183":uvqs3glz said:
In the hawks case, Lynch isn't getting over 1000+yrds rushing this yr. Mark my words. I'd put him at 850+ just as most of the players will be dropping back statistically. They lost the SB, Don't expect them to go back so easy this time even if your team doesnt change much. The% chance of winning it if they do go back? Well its pretty small. Not to mention that team left a HUGE black eye for the stunt they pulled at the end of the SB. That doesn't bode well...
This statement attains its true power when read in the voice of Tim the Enchanter warning about the Rabbit of Caerbannog.

[youtube]pmu5sRIizdw[/youtube]