Vikings trying to trade WR Patterson

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We heard a lot of crap from Vikings fans after the Harvin deal that they were better off with Patterson. Just found this interesting...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/576140574610231296[/tweet]

bbsplitter

Reaction score
As long as it was a low pick (which sounds like would be entirely possible), I would be all for it. With the Vikings on the hook for his bonus, we would only be responsible for a little over 2mil total over the next 2 years, and he is an electrifying return man.

Hyak

Reaction score
Intriguing skill set and he could be a dynamic returner. That said, I would not give up anything higher than a 5th rounder for him.

marko358

Reaction score
Don't people complain about our simplistic offense? Maybe it wouldn't be difficult for him to pick it up.

Hyak

Reaction score
Or the 6th we got for Harvin just to be ironic (he was picked with the #1 we traded for Percy).

Basis4day

Reaction score
marko358":lwvieywk said:
Don't people complain about our simplistic offense? Maybe it wouldn't be difficult for him to pick it up.

Christine Michael? I didn't know you posted here. ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It'd be ironic to get Patterson, seeing as he was the next coming of Christ everyone around here complained about should have drafted instead of getting Harvin.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ny8ti93 said:
It'd be ironic to get Patterson, seeing as he was the next coming of Christ everyone around here complained about should have drafted instead of getting Harvin.

Those people were clearly wrong about the harvin trade.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
JTB":2w4ie120 said:
Or the 6th we got for Harvin just to be ironic (he was picked with the #1 we traded for Percy).

That would be poetically beautiful ....

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":hsrpzfrz said:
Exaggerate much? Not a single person said anything remotely similar to what you just claimed.

What people DID claim is that we would have been better off drafting him- still a true statement. Even if Patterson ends up being a bust, drafting him would have been better than trading for Harvin.

But you just go on living in your imaginary world where people said he was going to he a star.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Couldn't this guy be the straight line burner we need?I know it's another Vike but this is a different case.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2qterlhp said:
Couldn't this guy be the straight line burner we need?I know it's another Vike but this is a different case.

I can never have enough ex-Vikings on my team lets get AP and that white DB as well.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
That safety from ND?I'd love to have him he plays- lights out hard ball..Thats Harrison Smith

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
We should do this just because it would be hilarious.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
marko358":1lzngmmz said:
Yes that's was my first thought as well.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
If we could get him for cheap it would be a steal. As a returner hes still good he was just banged up last year and the blocking frankly sucked. He was just missing that extra gear all year. He still beat CBs deep a fair ammount but Bridgewater just didnt throw it up to him or underthrew/overthrew him on several occasions

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
He's an atrocious receiver who can't be trusted to run even basic routes.

As a kick returner? One of the best.