Mike Wallace on the trading block

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/576460999580106752[/tweet]

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Not at that contract number, in fact, it would have to come down by at least half, which doesn't seem in his character to sign. But I would love what he brings, he is adept at improvising for a scrambling QB

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1glkgf4r said:
Not at that contract number, in fact, it would have to come down by at least half, which doesn't seem in his character to sign. But I would love what he brings, he is adept at improvising for a scrambling QB

Yeah, way to much $ for my blood. Watch the eagles pounce on it.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":3lavldkv said:
I wish that you guys in the know would drop some numbers for us ignorami.

If traded the new team takes on:

In 2015 he is owed 9.85 Million base salary with a 50,000 roster bonus.
In 2016 he is owed 11.45 Million base salary with a 50,000 roster bonus.
In 2017 he is owed 11.45 Million base salary with a 50,000 roster bonus.
If he plays out the 2015 season there is no dead money for the new team.

If he stays on the Dolphins, he counts an extra 2.2 million against the cap for each of those years from an initial salary bonus. 3 million dollars of the 2015 base salary is guaranteed.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Much appreciated! thank you.

And whoa!

Do you think they just realized how much they actually paid Suh? I don't think they upgraded at WR.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":22rbc9xb said:
He'll get cut before he's traded ...........

Costs 9.6 million in dead money, saves 2.5 million on the cap because his cap number was 12.1 million for them next year.

kearly

Reaction score
Mike Wallace is exactly what Seattle needs as the last piece in the passing offense right now, that downfield threat who takes the top off a defense. Wallace is elite in that area and passable at everything else, kind of a 1 dimensional player. But that one dimension fits perfectly with what Seattle needs. The guy I wanted in the draft at WR, Devin Smith, is a very similar guy to Mike Wallace.

A trade is impossible for Seattle's cap, but if he gets released I would expect Seattle to at least make a phone call.

JS has become intoxicated with comp picks, almost too much so. This offseason he's only made moves so far for players that would not hurt the teams 2016 comp picks. In a recent Brock and Salk interview, JS even mentioned that he finds extra appeal in players who are released or traded for since they don't cost comp picks. Wallace is in a trade/release situation.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
kearly":1zh55doi said:
Mike Wallace is exactly what Seattle needs as the last piece in the passing offense right now, that downfield threat who takes the top off a defense. Wallace is elite in that area and passable at everything else, kind of a 1 dimensional player. But that one dimension fits perfectly with what Seattle needs. The guy I wanted in the draft at WR, Devin Smith, is a very similar guy to Mike Wallace.

A trade is impossible for Seattle's cap, but if he gets released I would expect Seattle to at least make a phone call.

JS has become intoxicated with comp picks, almost too much so. This offseason he's only made moves so far for players that would not hurt the teams 2016 comp picks. In a recent Brock and Salk interview, JS even mentioned that he finds extra appeal in players who are released or traded for since they don't cost comp picks. Wallace is in a trade/release situation.

Yup. Completely agree ....

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I love that we are actively trying to get as many comp picks as possible. Look at the Ravens and Pats as prime examples of how that strategy works.

Id take Wallace on a 1-2 year deal, doubt he'd sign it though but he might have to depending on how much FA money is left.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Would love to have him, he helped Ryan with a better stat line last year, got 10 TD's. For the right price I hope we can get him. We need a speedy WR. When Foles lost Desean it was bad, Ryan Tannehill gained Wallace and he made him look good.

If not I think we do get a speedy WR in the draft, shoot maybe get two of em.