Greg Jennings released by Vikings

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/576808531715887104[/tweet]

Oh and this little tweet by Will Blackmon
[tweet]https://twitter.com/willblackmon/status/576807272229253120[/tweet]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
So now they have 2 WRs who only know how to run in straight lines. Jennings was the only guy that knows how to run a route.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/willblackmon/status/576807272229253120[/tweet]

Now people can speculate if he means Packers or Seahawks (Blackmon has connections to both). Most likely Packers.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Greg Jennings is one of my younger son's favorite players, so I will be monitoring this situation.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I hope we get him on a cheap he is still productive. I don't think he goes back to the Packers after the comments he made about Aaron Rodgers.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
jennings is still a good WR...the vikings offense has been terrible the last 2 years.

drdiags

Reaction score
Is Jennings still viable or is this the usual fans seeing a name they recognize and drooling over the name instead of who the player is now?

MrThortan

Reaction score
Jennings' was set to make 8.9mil with a cap number @ 11mil. I wouldn't touch him for anywhere near this number. Some team will pay him more than we are willing to, and I think that is a good thing.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
REC 59 YDS 742 AVG 12.6 LNG 38 TD 6

Still looks good to me and that's with a rookie QB slinging him the rock, and no RB threat. Would like him only if it's a cheap 1 year or 2 year contract.

kearly

Reaction score
Walters is gone. Lockette is replacement level as a WR. Richardson may not even play a down in 2015. Kearse is probably a rental.

Right now, our WR corps might as well begin and end at Baldwin, Kearse, Matthews and Norwood. That's a slot WR who will probably be forced outside because of Graham, a guy who's good at the deep ball but suspect in other areas, a guy who had one good game, and a low upside / high floor youngster who's barely played. Jennings would arguably be the best WR on our team.

Sure, Seattle can and should draft more WRs this year. But Seattle has a dearth of experience at WR and drafting 2 more this year will only make it worse. In the short term, Seattle could use a veteran.

Jennings was released, so he wouldn't count against Seattle's comp picks. Clearly, this has been a theme for JS in the past but especially this year. He tries to protect his comp picks by doing trades and targeting released players.

JS was head of player personnel (top ranking non-GM) in Green Bay when they drafted Jennings. Seattle makes sense.

I'm guessing some other team will give Jennings a $5 million one year prove it deal. But if he's cheap, like say $2 million, Seattle should consider it. We need good route runners and Jennings is one of the better ones. 31 years old, probably has a year or two left.

Not expecting him to be the guy he was, but if he can be the WR equivalent of what Kevin Williams was last year, that's a move Seattle should make.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Old and passed his best.

It's a fantastic draft at WR, especially rounds 2-5. We don't need this.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
drdiags":2zw0ziw0 said:
Is Jennings still viable or is this the usual fans seeing a name they recognize and drooling over the name instead of who the player is now?

The second one.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
So does that mean the Vikings failed his physical so they can get rid of him? Which might mean we can scoop him for alot less?