Cowboys to sign Greg Hardy (Seahawks out)

saroos

Reaction score
Jason La Confora linking Hardy to the Seahawks. Thoughts?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/577535600309497856[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/577537652582268929[/tweet]

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
He is a great football player, but the report on his DV investigation was not flattering. (that's being kind)

Let him go to Dallas. Just my opinion, and I'm sure I am in the minority.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He also might be suspended the first 6 games.

If the Hawks want him, the best case scenario would be for him to take a 1 year deal like Bennett, then dominate on our Defense for the final 10 games and playoffs. It would put him in position for a nice contract next year and add another solid DE to our rotation for an affordable rate. Win/Win for both sides.

Hyak

Reaction score
I think you have to get a resolution on whether he's in line to be suspended or not for the DV conduct and obviously do some due diligence on his character (the whole situation was pretty ugly). That impacts what kind of deal you can offer, whether it be a one-year prove it deal or a longer term deal (would have to be structured to walk away if more trouble ensues).

From a pure football perspective, he would be a great addition as another edge rusher, which I think is a huge need.

I'll trust PC & JS on whether they pursue or not. Given the DV thing, this also has to include Allen in the decision making process as there will be criticism of any team that signs him.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
La Canfora said both the Hawks and Cowboys might be interestd, and that if they are, they don't have any plans on moving on their interest any time soon.

So, it could be true but not really worth considering at this point, or it could be Hardy's agent trying to drum up interest.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not sure any team's going to be more than mildly interested until Goodell decides on suspending Hardy or not.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Maybe if he just sits and sits on the market like Zach Miller did a few years ago they wouldn't be able to ignore the possibility. I will say though, I'm not real thrilled with the idea of cheering for the guy

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1q94kw8j said:
La Canfora said both the Hawks and Cowboys might be interestd, and that if they are, they don't have any plans on moving on their interest any time soon.

So, it could be true but not really worth considering at this point, or it could be Hardy's agent trying to drum up interest.

I wouldn't put it past him. His agent has to do something to get teams talking.

Hyak

Reaction score
What AP did was pretty bad given it was a 4 year-old (did you see the pictures?) but this is also really bad. I do trust the team to make a good decision on how to proceed. That being said, Hardy will be under the microscope wherever he goes.

crosfam

Reaction score
Nope. Let him be a felon somewhere else. We went to the SB twice without him. Rather play one of our draft picks instead.