Butterfly effect

TAB420

Reaction score
With the implosion going on the San Fran one has to wonder where it all began. They say you can trace every result to a single action. I for one, think this all goes back to the NFCC game. Does any of this happen if Sherman doesn't tip the ball to smith and the Niner's score? Or does this go back to the 1st and goal from the 7 in SB 47? If Jim wins the SB is he still the head coach? Or is it all BS, and it is what it is?

chris98251

Reaction score
So does Borland un retire once they fire Baalke and the staff?

mikeak

Reaction score
Not an effective title :)

But I think 1 SB, 1 loss and one NFCCG and yes thinks are different

Or A Smith as qb....

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":mdf0fh8u said:
I'm so proud of you guys.

:retard_clap:

Yes, there is a place at the webzone for all of you......... :twisted: :D

I know better than to post from my phone.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Tough to pin to one moment because I really don't think most of what happened with Harbaugh was a result of on the field performance.

If they had won the SB though, it would have been much harder to get rid of him.

As for the player aspect of this, I think it gets lost in all the chaos, but the 49ers didn't lose a single player to Free Agency than knowledgeable 49er fans didn't expect to lose. Replacements for those players had been in the pipeline for a few years now. In fact, the Niners have been more active and more successful in Free Agency than I'd expected them to be (they have never been and will never be the team that go after the huge names under Baalke...they'll build through the draft).

It's the unexpected retirements that have been the hammer shots to the groin...especially since one was the heart and soul and the other was his 24 year old replacement at the same position.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yeah, if the 9ers had won a SB I suspect Harbaugh would still be around and his coaching staff would still be in place.

That's the only thing that would be any different. The team still would have been just as beaten up and just as 8-8 last year, and Willis and Borland would still be just as retired.

TBH basically the only difference would have been Harbaugh having been gone this year instead of several years from now.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":vkof6jip said:
Yeah, if the 9ers had won a SB I suspect Harbaugh would still be around and his coaching staff would still be in place.

That's the only thing that would be any different. The team still would have been just as beaten up and just as 8-8 last year, and Willis and Borland would still be just as retired.

TBH basically the only difference would have been Harbaugh having been gone this year instead of several years from now.

...and Iupati, Crabtree, Johnson, Cox, and Culliver would all still be gone. ALL (except Crab because he hasn't signed yet) got more money than the Niners were ever going to give them.

The Niners never even made Cox an offer.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
TAB420":2dv9wau4 said:
They say you can trace every result to a single action.

I haven't heard that particular phrase, but I'd disagree with it completely. I think every result is due to a massive number of causes/actions. You got into a car accident? Trace it back to the time you left in the morning for work. Or trace it back to the time the other guy left. Or to how long his breakfast took to make. Maybe his coffee maker broke during his morning preparations and he had to go buy a new one before work. Maybe it took a little longer for the guy to check out at the appliance store because the store was understaffed that early. Maybe the store was understaffed because several employees were sick with food poisoning.

That kind of thing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It started with the SB loss to the Ravens.

SB wins buy a coach and GM years of goodwill, we're experiencing that now. What if we would have lost to Denver? We'd be going through the same thing the Niners have been going through the past 2-3 years, doubting their coach's philosophy and coaching style.

Harbaugh had his window, and he failed to deliver. Pretty simple.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":37rmfdbz said:
It started with the SB loss to the Ravens.

SB wins buy a coach and GM years of goodwill, we're experiencing that now. What if we would have lost to Denver? We'd be going through the same thing the Niners have been going through the past 2-3 years, doubting their coach's philosophy and coaching style.

Harbaugh had his window, and he failed to deliver. Pretty simple.

Ewww. Think about it, and it's a scary thought. We lose to Denver, then we have that call at the end of the SB vs. the Pats. Bevell would be gone for sure and Pete would be on thin ice if not gone.

There are some interesting parallels. Harbaugh/Roman took some grief about throwing to Crabtree instead of running it in with Gore.

grneyed12thman

Reaction score
I have been saying Borland will be back in the NFL within 2 years. The uniform he is wearing is the wrong one. The Niners have a definite little player coup happening...and deservedly so.

rlkats

Reaction score
Its funny how many people are stating that the niners are taking big big hits and losing talent. When on this same board most of you jab and poke fun at the fact that the Niners were old slow and lost a step.

Willis -yes hit but injury slowed him down will not be easy to replace .

Crabtree- whatever no loss i feel.

Iupati - loss on the run game but often injured.

Gore - love him but also love hyde and hunter. He is at a decline. He had 3 good games at the end of the year thats it.

Justin - leadership is not easy to find he will be missed but also is old and injured.

So all in all we barely win 2-3 games but we are starting to get young in key areas why over pay for old injured talent?

rlkats

Reaction score
grneyed12thman":28wzlz3m said:
I have been saying Borland will be back in the NFL within 2 years. The uniform he is wearing is the wrong one. The Niners have a definite little player coup happening...and deservedly so.

Wow read some articles bud. He wrote his family in PRESEASON that he felt off and not well. He and his family felt he would not have a long career.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":2bnsyne8 said:
grneyed12thman":2bnsyne8 said:

Wow read some articles bud. He wrote his family in PRESEASON that he felt off and not well. He and his family felt he would not have a long career.

Don't bother...media and fans see the team as a dumpster fire so ANYTHING that happens even if it doesn't make sense is attributed to that.

Willis retired? Must see a sinking boat.
Borland retires? Didn't want to risk injury for a team with no future.
Tornado strike in Texas? Tomsula was in Texas on vacation and God was mad at him.

It will always be spun the way people want to see it...one way or the other.