Proposed rule changes

mikeak

Reaction score
Crap I find myself agreeing with NE

3. Cameras: New England once again submitted a proposal for fixed cameras on the side lines, end lines and goal lines.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... ock-n-jock

And of course we knew it was coming but I thought it would be Denver and not Bears

"7. Overtime: The Bears proposed a rule that will guarantee both teams get a possession in overtime. Ironic Chicago proposed because, you know, Jermaine Kearse."

Seanhawk

Reaction score
5. BONUS FIELD GOALS: No, seriously. The Colts proposed adding an additional field goal if you successfully convert a two-point conversion. Under their proposal, a successful two-point conversion would give a team an attempt from the 32-yard line (a 50-yard attempt) for one extra point.

This one is positively r-worded.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Seanhawk":t7w54om2 said:
5. BONUS FIELD GOALS: No, seriously. The Colts proposed adding an additional field goal if you successfully convert a two-point conversion. Under their proposal, a successful two-point conversion would give a team an attempt from the 32-yard line (a 50-yard attempt) for one extra point.

I actually skimmed right over that one. Maybe I didn't take it seriously and thought it was a check to see if we are paying attention.

Willing to wager on the fact that this does NOT pass

lsheldon

Reaction score
The Boz will regret this one not happening 30 years earlier.

11. Numbers: The Competition Committee expanded legal linebacker numbers to include 40-49.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
mikeak":25i82ag8 said:
"7. Overtime: The Bears proposed a rule that will guarantee both teams get a possession in overtime. Ironic Chicago proposed because, you know, Jermaine Kearse."
Do you mean Sidney Rice?

He caught the winning TD in O/T.

lsheldon

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":d0dncbkh said:
mikeak":d0dncbkh said:
Do you mean Sidney Rice?

He's quoting a media source, not re-writing it himself. They may have meant Sidney Rice, I frankly don't remember who caught that TD.

Sac

Reaction score
lsheldon":bzhsyc3h said:
onanygivensunday":bzhsyc3h said:
mikeak":bzhsyc3h said:
Do you mean Sidney Rice?

He's quoting a media source, not re-writing it himself. They may have meant Sidney Rice, I frankly don't remember who caught that TD.
It was Sid.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
They are talking about Kearse but they are taking the stab at the Packers rivalry.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
lsheldon":bwciw7go said:
onanygivensunday":bwciw7go said:
mikeak":bwciw7go said:
Do you mean Sidney Rice?

I doubt Sidney even remembers who caught that TD.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
keatonisballin":3804qaj2 said:
lsheldon":3804qaj2 said:
onanygivensunday":3804qaj2 said:
mikeak":3804qaj2 said:
Do you mean Sidney Rice?

I doubt Sidney even remembers who caught that TD.

Lol

Probably took twice the hit on that vs the one that made Borland retire.

Yeah it was a copy and paste. Didn't consider which play they were referring to

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
mikeak":blc3g5p6 said:
3. Cameras: New England once again submitted a proposal for fixed cameras on the side lines, end lines and goal lines.

I find it incredible this wasn't done years ago.. It's so frustrating relying on God awful camera angles trying to make a call on whether the plane was broken.

I'm thinking Moeaki versus the Whiners for one.

Brithawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1g168skd said:
Seanhawk":1g168skd said:

I actually skimmed right over that one. Maybe I didn't take it seriously and thought it was a check to see if we are paying attention.

I'd let it pass on the proviso that if the kick is missed you lose the 2 points as well.

OrFan

Reaction score
New England and cameras just seem to continue to be linked together.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Brithawk":2r1tx778 said:
mikeak":2r1tx778 said:
Seanhawk":2r1tx778 said:

I'd let it pass on the proviso that if the kick is missed you lose the 2 points as well.

I like that idea..... :twisted: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Brahn

Reaction score
I want them to kick the kick off distance the same but only allow a team to field 6 players on the kick off and return.