9er fans bailing in droves.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
This is a big reason the SB loss still just crushes me.

I know how fast things can fall apart in sports.

I am very positive we will not see an exodus in Seattle like we are seeing in San Fran but it is a great reminder at how hard sustaining Championship level success can be.

Jville

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2wazxvpc said:
Can't wait for the spin from our 9'er friends on this..... 8)
Spin masters are a useful component for confidence schemes.

However, I would prefer to see what an independent film maker can do with the story.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Soooo you're saying we might be able to get cheap seats for a Santa Clara road trip?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Good riddance.

If this season was enough for you to sell your tix, then you shouldn't have purchased them to begin with. This the type of embarrassing BS that gives Niner fans a bad name. I've also read about fans wanting to put up a billboard to get Jed to quit. Also seen some peeps who want to sue for their money back.

This is the height of stupidity. Any lawsuit will be laughed out of court and the York family just made 100 mil more this year than last so I'm sure a billboard is going to make all the difference.

WAY too many fans who bought under some strange preconception that the team would always be good or that Harbaugh would never leave. Its pathetic.

Perhaps they can sell their tix to peeps who can now better afford them who will appreciate them more than those selling the tix did.

Niners don't care...they already got their money.

BTW...should also be noted that I never sold any of my tix for less that 2.5 times the purchase price, and that includes the final week of the season.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Well they did say California would eventually cave into the sea. Maybe its starting with the 49er franchise. :49ersmall:

Exittium

Reaction score
so all honest question, that train wreck called the 49ers.. how many 49er fans believe it was all Harbaugh's doing? I keep reading and hearing mixed thoughts on this.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Look, I'm not disappointed in that it'll probably make it cheaper to attend the two games the Hawks will play there next season. Sometimes people need the money, sell the tickets if you must. :D

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Shows how dumb 9er fans are. All they had ti do was come to Seahawks.net to see this was coming. We warned em. Maybe next time they'll listen. Right Marvin?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Even at those prices it still seems expensive to me.

For a cheaper and authentic Whiner game day experience, simply get a library card and set up a fight club in the bathroom.

Jville

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1sigu91t said:
It will happen in Seattle someday too.
It already happen to Seattle. And, it was much worse than what 49er fans have thus far witnessed.

The bad man in that story was Ken Behring.

2022132739.jpg

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2022126162_seahawks27xml.html[/urltargetblank]

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":myq48mv3 said:
Perhaps they can sell their tix to peeps who can now better afford them who will appreciate them more than those selling the tix did.

This is the positive spin I'm hoping for too. I still haven't been to Levi's*, but from everyone I've talked to who has gone last year was really out of whack with regards to revenue generation (pretty clearly a huge amount of season tickets becoming Valley company tickets; Jed's wet dream worked) and fan experience (season tickets held by actual 9ers fans rather than corporate entities). Did you get this sense too, or no?

*My last game was the Bowman INT against Atlanta at the last regular season Candlestick game; I moved to Canada for work two years ago.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3jpmnoda said:
Marvin49":3jpmnoda said:

This is the positive spin I'm hoping for too. I still haven't been to Levi's*, but from everyone I've talked to who has gone last year was really out of whack with regards to revenue generation (pretty clearly a huge amount of season tickets becoming Valley company tickets; Jed's wet dream worked) and fan experience (season tickets held by actual 9ers fans rather than corporate entities). Did you get this sense too, or no?

*My last game was the Bowman INT against Atlanta at the last regular season Candlestick game; I moved to Canada for work two years ago.

I was at that game too...Bowmans INT. :)

Levis was the shiny new toy. Everyone wanted to get a piece of it. I knew right away that I couldn't make every game and selling 5 of my games got me enough $$$ to pay for the next 1.5 seasons worth of Season tickets.

Hell...I was out of town for thanksgiving and sold my seats that I purchased for $250 for $1200.

Once the newness wears off on the place and the peeps who never should have had tickets to begin with (you know, the ones who saw three NFCCGs and a new building and assumed that would continue forever) sell their tickets to fans who really do want to be Niner fans win or lose, things will change. Pac Bell/AT&T went through something similar when it first opened. Now its one of the more intimidating home fields in MLB.

The fan experience was a big deal to the 49ers. The whole stadium is designed around it. Good food, wifi, clubs all over the place....but unfortunately too many people were buying tix to one game from SBL holders and every week you had a new flood of peeps who just wanted to check out the new building, go into the clubs (and they paid a lot of money to do so...can't really blame them), walk around the concourse, check out the museum, check out the team store, etc. It became the "new place to be" (especially early on) and that showed with ALOT of peeps who weren't even necessarily Niner fans but just wanted to "check it out".

I got a ton of requests for my tix myself...from peeps who were fans of OTHER TEAMS. My boss is a Raiders fan and he asked about my tix because he wanted to go to a game. He was annoyed when I told him I'd sold them for 2.5x face value. I have another friend and she asked about my tix and she doesn't even like football.

Eventually, all those peeps who "just want to check it out" will be gone and the peeps in the stands will be actual Niner fans.

That's my take anyway.