Percy Harvin's Locker Room CANCER (Unconfirmed Speculation)

titan3131

Reaction score
We all know the basic "what is wrong with percy"

It was the effort he put in when he wasnt getting touches and his refusal to be used the way the coaches wanted.

I recently had a very interesting game of madden 15. I was obviously the hawks and my opponent was the 49ers.

I immediatly noticed his name included "rockette83" and I was like hmm maybe its ricardo?

I ended up talking to the player and it was Earl Lockette ricardos father and first coach. And sadly a 49ers fan /faceplm

web1_lockette-parents_t670.jpg

I talked to him about alot of things, like when ricardo started football. (7 years old) What he thought about SB 49. (he thought ricardo should've been blocking like the pro blocker he is.)

And specifically about WTF was wrong with percy harvin.

He said the guy developed people he didnt like on the team. He would then talk about it with other players and give them an ultimatum of sorts saying they can agree with him or their out of his "cool kids club." And he affirmed that once percy decided he didnt like a guy he let it effect every thing he did, clearly a ALL ME mentality and not about the team.

He confirmed that Tate got punched by Harvin for standing up to him the night before the super bowl. Harvin was talking himself up saying that they were there because of himself! LOL

Also confirmed that he attacked baldwin in the preseason over some Bs he couldnt remember.

I for one am glad we jettisioned that POS when we did.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I don't blame Ricardo's dad for being a 49er fan, his son played for them too. And Ricardo's best friend is Kaep. Almost feel sorry for Earl though, almost... :D

He should be a fan of the Seahawks too though for getting his son a ring. I'm sure he is.

How awesome are Pete and John? I doubt any other coach/gm in the league would have dumped Percy like they did. Who was it called Carroll "Big Balls Pete?" Need to add "Brass Ones John."

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
Yeah he said he grew up in georgia as a 49ers fan. But he absolutely loves the hawks fans, said that we were above and beyond the best. Raved about how well he gets treated every time he goes to a game.

We also talked about the 49ers organization, and he said that Ricardo specifically mentioned that there is a high sense of arrogance from the owner ship. But we all already knew that.

sc85sis

Reaction score
ivotuk":1but2mp7 said:
Thanks for the info. I don't blame Ricardo's dad for being a 49er fan, his son played for them too. And Ricardo's best friend is Kaep. Almost feel sorry for Earl though, almost... :D

He should be a fan of the Seahawks too though for getting his son a ring. I'm sure he is.

How awesome are Pete and John? I doubt any other coach/gm in the league would have dumped Percy like they did. Who was it called Carroll "Big Balls Pete?" Need to add "Brass Ones John."
I believe the nickname (which Pete reportedly isn't all that fond of) originated with the USC marching band, The Spirit of Troy.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Yep, no way Baldwin or Tate take any BS from that dude.

Though I have a hard time picturing Harvin being able to start some clique on offense; as I just couldn't imagine Mike Rob, Breno, Max, Zach, Okung, taking any mess from that guy.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kobebryant":vv0frfku said:
Though I have a hard time picturing Harvin being able to start some clique on offense; as I just couldn't imagine Mike Rob, Breno, Max, Zach, Okung, taking any mess from that guy.

Well we already know that Lynch was aligned with Harvin, so you can extend out the sphere of influence from there, probably.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I just don't understand how someone with such an amazing gift in a nominal life ability, can be such a complete waste of space. Glad we ousted him.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Cool story, thanks for sharing.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kobebryant":3ni7rmy5 said:
Yep, no way Baldwin or Tate take any BS from that dude.

I'm sure part of the issue was Pete and John publicly building up Percy to be the most gifted player to ever walk on a football field before he even played for Seattle. I don't know if a lot of our offensive players would buy into that, but certainly there were people on the team who looked at Percy as a special breed of player, even if he did not get along with the staff or other players. Someone brought up Marshawn. He is probably a good example of a guy who others will gravitate to specifically because he is "elite" regardless of how difficult he might be for the staff or other players to deal with (though Seattle has been a lot better at containing that particular situation). So, I don't have a hard time envisioning players aligning with Harvin. People who aren't in meetings with him everyday probably have no problem befriending him and seeing him as one of the "special" guys in the room, particularly because Pete and John were peddling that hard after trading for him.

You'll notice that they have been far more restrained and tempered in how they have addressed the Jimmy Graham trade. Lessons learned.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Percy and Russell are both from Virginia but from two very different area's. Russell was private prep school in the wealthiest side of Richmond. Percy came from the ruff part of Virgina Beach. Russell got two undergraduate degrees and grad school. Percy went to crime U where they litteraly let guys get away with murder.

The Hawks locker room is a mixture of these two dynamics so I can see how a manipulative sociopath like Percy could exploit this.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Unconfirmed speculation... kind of like the moon landing..

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
Its unconfirmed because earl lockette told me what hos son told him...

More heresay then speculation imo.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Percy Harvin checks all the boxes, with his history and behavior, for Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), with a high degree of sociopathy.

Most of us think of BPDs in terms of psychobitch women; for example, Nicole Holder, of Greg Hardy DV accuser fame checks tons of boxes for a female BPD.

However, a significant number of BPD's are male. Here is a recent article on Brandon Marshall, the only famous male I am aware of to ever publicly "come out" as having BPD.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/st ... y-disorder

A couple interesting points from the article...

"Men with BPD are:

* More likely to demonstrate an explosive temperament and higher levels of novelty seeking than women with borderline personality disorder

* More likely than women to have co-occuring antisocial personality disorder, narcissistic disorder, and/or intermittent explosive disorder

This explains to me why the Seahawks didn't go after Brandon Marshall harder, out of fear of his BPD issues and the effect yet another BPD could have on the team. I am certain the Seahawks had Harvin diagnosed by experts, and IMO the diagnosis was most likely BPD with co-occurring antisocial personality disorder. (Possibly some co-occurring Narcissistic Personality Disorder too, but Borderline is the dominant one, IMO)
To me the separate "intermittent explosive disorder" mentioned by the article is bullshit, because it's part and parcel of BPD, not a separate "disorder". It's part of what tips you off that someone is a BPD. Think: toddler rage, when someone with BPD goes ballistic and gets violent. Think Percy grabbing his position coach at Florida by the neck and throwing him to the ground. Think Percy punching Golden Tate the night before the Super Bowl. I'm sure there are many more incidents we never heard about.

Part of how BPD's (and clever psychopaths) roll is to create factions to divide a group and then play the factions off against each other. Aka, "Locker Room Cancer".

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ Not going to go into further detail about it (and totally fine with anyone and everyone not believing me, sincerely), but P.H. does have diagnosed issues he is dealing with. The Hawks were aware of them. The Hawks also did an admirable job in trying to manage them and in taking them seriously rather than treating them as "not real", which happened to some degree on the Vikings.

This is all to say that I think it's a mistake to label P.H. as a "bad guy" or a "selfish jerk" or the like; he's dealing with a very real thing that makes it hard for him to consistently contribute as a teammate and football player. He of course could be a "bad guy" and a "jerk" on top of these issues, but the issues themselves don't make him those things. It's similar to Brandon Marshall, really. He's not a bad guy for being bi-polar, he's a guy who spent a long time suffering with a bi-polar disorder, and who was eviscerated by fans as "selfish" for it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3qq5q84c said:
^^^^ Not going to go into further detail about it (and totally fine with anyone and everyone not believing me, sincerely), but P.H. does have diagnosed issues he is dealing with. The Hawks were aware of them. The Hawks also did an admirable job in trying to manage them and in taking them seriously rather than treating them as "not real", which happened to some degree on the Vikings.

This is all to say that I think it's a mistake to label P.H. as a "bad guy" or a "selfish jerk" or the like; he's dealing with a very real thing that makes it hard for him to consistently contribute as a teammate and football player. He of course could be a "bad guy" and a "jerk" on top of these issues, but the issues themselves don't make him those things. It's similar to Brandon Marshall, really. He's not a bad guy for being bi-polar, he's a guy who spent a long time suffering with a bi-polar disorder, and who was eviscerated by fans as "selfish" for it.

I have a couple people in my family that were diagnosed as bi-polar, in both cases the disease didn't turn them into assholes. They are both (one aunt and one cousin) kind nice people, who had fits of depression, as well as the usual euphoric highs that fits the description of bi-polar. Once the right medication balance was found you couldn't even tell they were fighting with bi-polar. The both continue to be the same kind nice people that we've all known for years, now without the highs and lows of bi-polar.

At no time did they punch people, get into fights or act like jerks to the people around them. So sorry, can't buy that Percy being a selfish ass is due to bi-polar.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":13ym6es9 said:
Popeyejones":13ym6es9 said:

I have a couple people in my family that were diagnosed as bi-polar, in both cases the disease didn't turn them into assholes. They are both (one aunt and one cousin) kind nice people, who had fits of depression, as well as the usual euphoric highs that fits the description of bi-polar. Once the right medication balance was found you couldn't even tell they were fighting with bi-polar. The both continue to be the same kind nice people that we've all known for years, now without the highs and lows of bi-polar.

At no time did they punch people, get into fights or act like jerks to the people around them. So sorry, can't buy that Percy being a selfish ass is due to bi-polar.

Popeye is mistaken, he started saying bi-polar and we are talking about Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)

There is a difference.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ Yeah, I thought Marshall was bipolar rather than suffering from bpd.

In any case, just for clarification, I was using Marshall as a comparison case of mental illness, not saying Harvin was dealing with either of these things particularly.