Jonathan Martin

TAB420

Reaction score
The 49ers announced Thursday they have waived offensive tackle Jonathan Martin, ending his disappointing one year in San Francisco

kidhawk

Reaction score
TAB420":1wbfwo2f said:
The 49ers announced Thursday they have waived offensive tackle Jonathan Martin, ending his disappointing one year in San Francisco

I'm guessing he isn't going to sign with the Bills

Marvin49

Reaction score
I feel bad for Cam Newton...

...wait...no I don't.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Marvin49":27u66coi said:
I feel bad for Cam Newton...

...wait...no I don't.

Even the butt of jokes to many (including Michael Oher as well) is like manna from heaven to a Panthers OT unit that last year had 4 UDFA's in the two deep. I challenge anyone to find any team in the history of football without a drafted tackle in the two deep, especially protecting a man trying to play with a busted ankle, ribs, and back. If he survived last year, he can survive anything.

Truth be told Martin may not even make the team, but he's a (gulp) upgrade (?!) from last year? A long way to go before September. He's still only 25 so worth a shot for dirt cheap.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Martin just never progressed as a player. He just never lived up to expectations.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
nanomoz":1d0487ji said:
Martin just never progressed as a player. He just never lived up to expectations.
...maybe should of taken the advice of incognito a little more seriously..

Onyx

Reaction score
Apparently he has been having on going issues finding his backbone.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Cyrus12":eveqmtqm said:
nanomoz":eveqmtqm said:
...maybe should of taken the advice of incognito a little more seriously..
Martin might not have lived up to his hype but Incognito is nothing but a douche bag that has always been an incredibly dirty player. I'm not a Martin fan but way less of a Richie Incognito fan!

Marvin49

Reaction score
Onyx":3l9crzit said:
Apparently he has been having on going issues finding his backbone.

Dude....that's just completely.....um.............

...true.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Incognito is a dumbarse simpleton but he is a tough guy. Martin had a lot of potential if he could just tuff up and get with the program. I guess on some level it made sense for the possition coach to ask his tough guy to help Martin man up.

I'd rather not have either player on my team but between the two Id take the tough guy. I'd rather have a bully than a victim protecting my QB.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mental toughness, that is something that you can develop, if your going to stand apart you need to have it, Martin seemed to have the skill set but based on all that has happened I don't think the Mental Toughness was there on a level that he needed to have.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd not be remotely interested in this P----, there is no doubt that he could have the physical skillset to learn to play his position but he's a big baby.

Unless he were to develop a set of stones and toughen up while acquiring some raw nastiness I doubt he has the mental toughness to play as a pro.

At present he's a wasted roster spot.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
He retired jammer

oh and screw everyone who game me and others crap for siding with Incognito. Sure wish we would have picked him up for next to nothing.