New Officials Cometh

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":33z1dnxj said:
Yes, honestly. For a long time, it seemed that the league had turned a blind eye toward poor officiating. If they were making changes before, they were doing a poor job of publicizing it.

It's interesting that this happened after the last couple years of ref labor re-negotiations. Makes me think the league was able to loosen up through negotiations the ref union's stranglehold on hiring and firing to finally get some of these bad refs out.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Does Bill Leavy still have a job????? Also do the clowns that officiated the Dallas/Detroit game still have jobs after handing the cowgirls a playoff win??? If so, then they haven't gone far enough!

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":11ind2i5 said:
Are you guys excited that we're finally seeing some bad officials getting fired and some new blood coming in, including the first female official?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... 2014-class

http://uproxx.com/sports/2015/04/nfl-fi ... officials/

I was excited a year ago when that NFL.com article came out. At least the new head of officiating is actually doing something about the horrible referees. I just wish they'd replace the 60 year old guys with younger people with better eyesight. Those old guys just can't keep up with a lot of plays anymore.

original poster

Reaction score
I'm glad they're doing something about it, all I ask for is a fair game.

Winning a game off the back of a bad referee call isn't really good for either side.

OrFan

Reaction score
It was pretty funny when they were talking about this on the local radio this morning. The guy said he could see it now, our new female ref throws a flag, the player objects and asks what he did wrong. The new ref looks at him and says, "if you don't already know what you did, then I am NOT going to tell you!"

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score

original poster

Reaction score
OrFan":fjik4e1w said:
It was pretty funny when they were talking about this on the local radio this morning. The guy said he could see it now, our new female ref throws a flag, the player objects and asks what he did wrong. The new ref looks at him and says, "if you don't already know what you did, then I am NOT going to tell you!"

That's amazing!

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2yz3tsg5 said:
Sgt. Largent":2yz3tsg5 said:
Are you guys excited that we're finally seeing some bad officials getting fired and some new blood coming in, including the first female official?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... 2014-class

http://uproxx.com/sports/2015/04/nfl-fi ... officials/
Yep. Especially the second one. That really intrigues me so I'm pulling for her to show those old men how it should be done. :)

By being irrational, emotional and illogical?

j/k!...........I think she'll do fine. I saw an interview with her on ESPN yesterday, she seems tough as nails and ready for the challenge.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see. I (and this is my personal feeling on this one, not anyone else) think that they should keep the refs away from the NFL auspices. If they get control of the pay and allowances, then the NFL commish can control who wins and who loses just like in WWF/WWE/ETCETC-E wrestling. I could almost see it in the basketball games during the tournament. They had their favs and pushed it as far as they could but the ball kept going in. It sucked since that team was not supposed to win......like Seattle was not supposed to win 48......dammit.