Mike Williams

massari

Reaction score
Do we take a chance on him with a cheap prove it contract? Could be a solid #2 WR

[youtube]NFBJDhLfzks[/youtube]

Basis4day

Reaction score
[youtube]NFBJDhLfzks[/youtube]

Fixed it for you.

I don't think so, especially depending who they draft.

Right now we have 5 likely to make the final 53 with Richardson either PUP or IR and not counting for a while.

WR currently on Roster:

Baldwin
Kearse
Norwood
Matthews
Lockette
McNeil
Smith
Richardson

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
I think I'd rather have him over Kearse(2.35 mill) and am iffy about Lockette despite how cheap he is....

Basis4day

Reaction score
massari":2m8dj5pm said:
I think I'd rather have him over Kearse(2.35 mill) and am iffy about Lockette despite how cheap he is....

They tendered Kearse so he's going to stick around at least this year. They like Lockette on special teams so i just don't think there is room for a vet WR.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear they are planning to draft someone, given how they showed no interest in any free agent WR.

Largent80

Reaction score
No.

Why?.....deep draft for WR, we just got the best pass catching "TE" in the league.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Basis4day":sieqvxu1 said:
massari":sieqvxu1 said:

They tendered Kearse so he's going to stick around at least this year. They like Lockette on special teams so i just don't think there is room for a vet WR.

They could still release Kearse and have nothing count against the cap, I believe. Maybe bring in Williams to compete in the preseason and keep whoever they like more.

Still don't understand why Lockette is taking up roster room for being a good tackler on special teams while pretty much being a useless WR....

Basis4day

Reaction score
massari":3qi96fhu said:
Basis4day":3qi96fhu said:
massari":3qi96fhu said:

They could still release Kearse and have nothing count against the cap, I believe. Maybe bring in Williams to compete in the preseason and keep whoever they like more.

Still don't understand why Lockette is taking up roster room for being a good tackler on special teams while pretty much being a useless WR....

I personally don't like the idea of cutting Kearse for a player that was IR'd the past two seasons.

As far as Lockette goes you need someone to play special teams and the Seahawks seem to have a higher value on ST than other organizations. You only get so many spots on the active roster and you need to make tough decisions. If Lockette isn't playing gunner who does?

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle generally favors players with definable roles and skills, and though Mike Williams is a decent WR, I've never watched him and thought he was a missing piece here.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
would be nice to see a veteran brought in to push Kearse...or push him out...He is just not a number 2 guy...

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Basis4day":1a0mhr00 said:
massari":1a0mhr00 said:
Basis4day":1a0mhr00 said:
massari":1a0mhr00 said:

I personally don't like the idea of cutting Kearse for a player that was IR'd the past two seasons.

Well it seems you're in the majority because he still hasn't been signed yet and haven't heard any rumors either, but if healthy he's a pretty big upgrade over Kearse and I think you could get him for around the same salary......I'd take the gamble or bring him in to compete in the pre season.

Basis4day

Reaction score
massari":38wndvga said:
Well it seems you're in the majority because he still hasn't been signed yet and haven't heard any rumors either, but if healthy he's a pretty big upgrade over Kearse and I think you could get him for around the same salary......I'd take the gamble or bring him in to compete in the pre season.

It doesn't seem that the Hawks are interested (Nor any team) but you also need to look at it this way. Would he want to join a team that throws as little as the Hawks do and just acquired Jimmy Graham?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The interest market for veteran WR is soft this year. Welker, Nicks, and others are still available. As folks have mentioned on earlier posts, the draft is the primary reason. This draft is heavy at WR. I'm hoping that Tre McBride is on the board when the Seahawks pick in the 3rd round. He would be a nice get - great route runner, decent speed, good hands...sounds like a great fit on paper for the Seahawks.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
hawkfan68":uqh6z35a said:
The interest market for veteran WR is soft this year. Welker, Nicks, and others are still available. As folks have mentioned on earlier posts, the draft is the primary reason. This draft is heavy at WR. I'm hoping that Tre McBride is on the board when the Seahawks pick in the 3rd round. He would be a nice get - great route runner, decent speed, good hands...sounds like a great fit on paper for the Seahawks.

Yeah I totally agree. Was just thinking that Williams could come compete for a job in the preseason with Kearse if they're willing to spend that much money on a vet WR (2.35 mil) and keep who they prefer. But hopefully they draft a couple cheap/young WR's good enough to get rid of both Kearse and Williams.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Oh, you mean THAT Mike Williams. He definitely looks to be better than Kearse or Baldwin, but doesn't stay healthy. He had better stats with much worse QBs than anyone on the Seahawks roster too. Looks to be elusive like Tate was.

I am all for the Seahawks bringing this guy in.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Still hoping they bring this guy in to replace Kearse (and his salary) or compete for a job, if healthy of course.

chris98251

Reaction score
massari":24n2ymu6 said:
Still hoping they bring this guy in to replace Kearse (and his salary) or compete for a job, if healthy of course.

Don't understand the hate, Kearse has made some of the biggest catches in the history of this franchise and is the receiver that can out jump and use his body on the sidelines to make catches.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
chris98251":2kzhd1cr said:
massari":2kzhd1cr said:

Don't understand the hate, Kearse has made some of the biggest catches in the history of this franchise and is the receiver that can out jump and use his body on the sidelines to make catches.

If healthy, I don't think anyone can deny Williams being a better WR than Kearse and it seems like you could get him for a cheap prove it contract at the moment. Yes his injuries are a gamble but I think they could at least bring him in to compete for a job and maybe be a solid #2.

It's not that I don't like Kearse, I just think the 2.35 mill could be better spent elsewhere on the roster.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
chris98251":2amorkqu said:
massari":2amorkqu said:

You're assuming that he'll actually make the catch...

Donk70

Reaction score
massari":kj1fpogb said:
Do we take a chance on him with a cheap prove it contract? Could be a solid #2 WR

Christ, we still need a legit #1 WR