Eagles sign Tim Tebow

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
God have mercy on our souls if this is actually not some kind of joke. Just to be clear, they signed him as a quaterback not as a waterboy or team chaplain?

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I would love to see Timmy starting again. In hindsight, I have fond memories of Tebowmania. The terrible play, the fluky wins, Skip Bayless publicly confessing his love for Tim everyday on First Take. Good times.

But pretty sure this is just Chip finding a new way to confuse the masses and convince them he doesn't want Mariota.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Now once Tarvaris Jackson gets signed there actually IS a worse backup than him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
rideaducati":3s4kzuyi said:
Now once Tarvaris Jackson gets signed there actually IS a worse backup than him.

There are probably around 20 worse backups than TJack.

drrew

Reaction score
Tebow has a role in the NFL for a smart team/smart coach. It's not as a starting QB, but a short yardage bulldozer under center who at least has the threat to throw can be valuable if that's all you ask of him.

Too many in the NFL are afraid of taking risks or afraid of doing something a little different.

Throwdown

Reaction score
rideaducati":1srsp4hm said:

Your hate for TJack completely clouds your judgement

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":2n57yn3h said:
Why doesn't Philly just sign everyone?

We did and it worked, just because you sign them doesn't mean they make the team, but it can push competition.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Throwdown":3kqe7t8i said:
rideaducati":3kqe7t8i said:

Your hate for TJack completely clouds your judgement
I disagree. I hate TJ and my judgment is crystal clear as is his on this matter in my opinion. Why the disdain for Mr. Coin Flip you ask? Well because Russell Wilson is at the point in his career that if any backup is playing more then a game or two in a single season means that season is lost. Also why pay for a veteran Russell has already moved beyond? He's at the point where HE'S the mentor and we'd be better served with some nobody on a rookie contract.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Russell was better than Jackson ever was even when he was a rookie. If the team has a comfort level with TJack (and I'm sure they do) why not bring him back? It's not hurting anyone. There's no harm in having him as a back up. And honestly I'd trust him as insurance over a lot of guys.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Edited for title not meeting main forums standards. You can put this in the Shack if you like.

I can't stop laughing

canfan

Reaction score
I think Chip is looking for a QB who can roll out and pass. He now has it.....Tebow can roll out and Bradford can pass! On to the Super bowl! :thirishdrinkers:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I have an odd feeling he's going to be their starter