NFL Thanksgiving Schedule: What were they thinking?

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Philadelphia Eagles at Detroit Lions, 12:30 p.m. ET, CBS
Carolina at Dallas, 4:30 p.m. ET, CBS
Bears at Packers, NBC, 8:30 p.m. ET

:34853_doh:

I will root for Panthers though.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Say what? I guess people would rather watch a Matt McGloin led Raiders or a Matt Moore led Dolphins? Or how about a chitty Bucs team, all in recent years.

There's also the Hardy angle and the love/(mostly) hate relationship that people have with the polarizing Cam. A back-to-back division winner who should be better on paper.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":38nxebg2 said:

Wow, that looks pretty bad. Go Bears and Panthers I guess.....jeez now I wish I had to work on Thanksgiving....hmm maybe I can.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":no1q1vwf said:
Say what? I guess people would rather watch a Matt McGloin led Raiders or a Matt Moore led Dolphins? Or how about a chitty Bucs team, all in recent years.

There's also the Hardy angle and the love/(mostly) hate relationship that people have with the polarizing Cam. A back-to-back division winner who should be better on paper.

I would take a Raiders game ( qb is Derek Carr btw ) over any of the matches actually, also "Crab Legs" Winston might be with the Bucs...so that would, maybe, be interesting.

RedAlice

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":y5hgl9ff said:

It's 4 of the same teams as last year - but, last year seemed more interesting.

Probably because Hawks@Niners were the other two teams.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
EAGLES at LIONS on FOX......1230. Thought something felt wrong. Good day to all. Go Hawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
At least the Lions are halfway decent and fun to watch now, as opposed to the 30 year stretch of putrid we've had to endure the last three decades of Thanksgiving football.

If the league wants to make improvements, forget rules changes............kill the stupid "Cowboys and Lions HAVE to play on Thanksgiving" rule. Not sure when that started, but the league's progressive enough to know there are a LOT of opportunities to put really good games each year on Thanksgiving if they weren't committed to the Lions and Cowboys.

kidhawk

Reaction score
As much as I thoroughly enjoyed whooping the Niners last year on Thanksgiving it surely made for a more stressful Thanksgiving. Since the Seahawks were playing the late game and that game starts at the time we are usually just finishing the Thanksgiving dinner here (or in the middle of it depending on how the rest of the day went), I decided to host Thanksgiving so I'd be able to just walk away from the table and enjoy the game. It ended up working out really well, but made for a lot more work getting the house ready and all that. This year I can relax and enjoy Thanksgiving a little more without having to worry about being ready to watch my Seahawks play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ykyke89 said:
As much as I thoroughly enjoyed whooping the Niners last year on Thanksgiving it surely made for a more stressful Thanksgiving. Since the Seahawks were playing the late game and that game starts at the time we are usually just finishing the Thanksgiving dinner here (or in the middle of it depending on how the rest of the day went), I decided to host Thanksgiving so I'd be able to just walk away from the table and enjoy the game. It ended up working out really well, but made for a lot more work getting the house ready and all that. This year I can relax and enjoy Thanksgiving a little more without having to worry about being ready to watch my Seahawks play.

Very true, but the Niner game gave me and my family an excuse to stay home and host our own first class Friendsgiving, which was way more fun than having to drive to some relative we don't really like's house for canned yams, lumpy mashed potatoes and Stove Top stuffing.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I will be spending Thanksgiving with my boys, one who's a Bears fan and one who's a Packers fan. Should be a fun evening.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":f3fes88c said:
At least the Lions are halfway decent and fun to watch now, as opposed to the 30 year stretch of putrid we've had to endure the last three decades of Thanksgiving football.

If the league wants to make improvements, forget rules changes............kill the stupid "Cowboys and Lions HAVE to play on Thanksgiving" rule. Not sure when that started, but the league's progressive enough to know there are a LOT of opportunities to put really good games each year on Thanksgiving if they weren't committed to the Lions and Cowboys.
I'm not sure how good Detroit will be but it should be interesting seeing Golden Tate at least. As for the Thanksgiving deal with the Cowboys/Detroit I don't see that ever changing given it was a huge legacy backroom deal especially with Dallas.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
Anyone else wish Cincinnati was playing on thanksgiving ago we'd have lions and tigers and bears?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
those all look like pretty good games to me. wish there was some afc action in there but oh well.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Spiderdan":6qhzac83 said:
Anyone else wish Cincinnati was playing on thanksgiving ago we'd have lions and tigers and bears?

Cute.

Actually, Cincy seems more intereesting than the current game.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":ltyj4p4z said:
Spiderdan":ltyj4p4z said:

Cute.

Actually, Cincy seems more intereesting than the current game.

right now I would take Polk High vs Campbell fighting camels then the current lineup

mikeak

Reaction score
I guess I am in minority. Eagles and lions were both good teams last year.

Dallas was a playoff team and Carolina should be better this year. Yeah it could be bad but Carokina has potential and could make that a very fun game

Finally GB probably wins big. It wine Favre night and I expect to turn off the sound or end up puking about how much they talk about him. Still Bears should be better - probably the worst of three games.

Latest posts