Chris Polk signs with Texans

hawknation2015

Reaction score
With such a deep draft class at RB, this is a terrible time to be a free agent. He should have signed that tender offer ASAP.

I guess it is a potential backup plan in case we do not draft one of these younger, cheaper, better options.

kearly

Reaction score
I feel bad for Polk. I'm guessing the Eagles were probably fine with having Polk as their #2 guy, but since he effectively held out, the Eagles went and got Matthews for that role instead.

Now he's a free agent right before one of the better RB drafts in recent memory, and he's still a former UDFA player with no track record to 31 NFL teams, and the only team he has equity with doesn't really have room for him any more.

Polk has shown that he can play well in the preseason and has been remarkably productive in the red zone in real games. I'm curious to see how he does at his next stop, but he's going to have an uphill battle for snaps wherever he goes.

Tical21

Reaction score
I still can't believe his path. I've never seen anything like his draft day experience. I think he's legit. Dude is talented enough and has the right body to be a productive primary back in the NFL. Haven't heard much about the degenerative issues. He should go to Tennessee and become their starter.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Tical21":31m1u5kx said:
I still can't believe his path. I've never seen anything like his draft day experience. I think he's legit. Dude is talented enough and has the right body to be a productive primary back in the NFL. Haven't heard much about the degenerative issues. He should go to Tennessee and become their starter.

I think his problem is that he's good at everything, but he's not great at anything (by nfl standards). I think you have to have at least one elite skill or physical trait to excell in the league.

drrew

Reaction score
He proved to be a decent kick returner last year and I think there's a chance he catches on somewhere in that role.

Had a 30+yd KR average last season that was inflated by a 102yd TD, but even if you remove that return, his avg would have beat any Seahawk.

I hope he catches on somewhere because he's an above average back-up, but as J noted, lacks the one outstanding skill that makes coaches find ways to get him on the field.

Tical21

Reaction score
Could be a good spot for him. Foster isn't exactly the picture of health. Blue only averaged 3.1 YPC.