Rumor - Eagles Trading up for Mariota

randomation

Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... N-CLE-swap

NJ.com's Mark Eckel passes along a "rumor making its rounds in NFL personnel meetings" of the Eagles trading Sam Bradford to the Browns for the No. 19 overall pick in the draft.
The Browns already offered No. 19 to the Rams for Bradford, prior to his trade to Philadelphia. St. Louis didn't accept because it wanted a quarterback, and wound up acquiring Nick Foles. The Browns are "still said to have interest" in Bradford. Per Eckel, the rumor has the Eagles then sending Nos. 19 and 20 -- plus Mychal Kendricks and Fletcher Cox -- to the Titans in exchange for No. 2 overall, where Philly would select Marcus Mariota. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reported Friday that Bradford currently believes the Eagles may be planning to trade him.

This makes some sense since the Browns want Bradford and were willing to trade a 1st for him, but the Rams wanted a QB. If this happens I think the Titans have made out like bandits. Especially if they can trade one of those picks for Rivers they could instantly catapult themselves back into contention. I think the Eagles would be giving far too much though and this will likely be remembered as RG3 2.0 if it happens.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":helhn0qg said:
Not buying it. Lying Season is in full swing it seems.
I kind of am though. I've thought the Chipster has made so many moves in order to position himself to get a talented QB that he coached and is very high on. Time will tell though.

mikeak

Reaction score
I am really surprised that Titans doesn't take Bradford, 20th pick and maybe some more scraps.

That is the deal that makes most sense to me

kearly

Reaction score
Probably not true, but I'll admit that it sounds less crazy than actually rolling with Sam Bradford.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Contingent only if Bradford is willing to sign an extension with the Browns since he's a FA after the season. He wasn't willing to do it before which is why the deal didn't have a chance between the Rams & Browns.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
How is the #2 pick worth #19/20 AND Kendrick/Cox? Cox is a dominant DL and really gave us problems in our game last year. Kendricks is a solid LB. I just don't get it. If I was the Tennessee GM and Philly offered me this, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Roll with Mettenberger another year and watch Cox/Casey destroy opposing OL's, while picking up 2 1st rd picks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
StaffAmerica74":1yzvj3ce said:
How in the world is Bradford worth a first?! Not buying it.
It's the Chipster though. Conventional thinking goes out the window with that guy.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
This needs to happen for the good of the nfl. Let chip do his thing with his qb and see if it succeeds or fails (personally I think they'd win Super Bowls together.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I'm shocked you'd think that. Then again after all the National Championships they won at Oregon together it's easy to come to that.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":20v2nztz said:
I'm shocked you'd think that. Then again after all the National Championships they won at Oregon together it's easy to come to that.

Yes, of course, they never won one in college, in the 1 year they had together, so they'll never win one in the pros. I don't see any recent trophies in Wisconsin or nc states trophy cases either.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
But I read a report that the Chargers already have a done deal of trading Rivers and the #17 overall pick for the #2 pick to take Mariota! How can this be!?

Don't believe anything draft-related you read this time of year.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkFan72":11u3jyzs said:
But I read a report that the Chargers already have a done deal of trading Rivers and the #17 overall pick for the #2 pick to take Mariota! How can this be!?

Don't believe anything draft-related you read this time of year.

...........Until Thursday........ :twisted: :mrgreen: