Draft drinking game

gowazzu02

Reaction score
So its that time of year again. The draft drinking game started with me and my college roomates back when Paul Tagliabue (sp?) was running the show, started by observing and then subsequently drinking every time Paul dropped a "Um" or "Uh" He was almost automatic, look at old video, "With the UH third pick....... with the um fourth pick..... with the uhh fifth pick. With the umm 6th pick so on and so forth.

So other rules drink when:
-New York Jets fans boo their pick (rule also can apply to philly fans in attendance)
-Drink double for a perplexed fan close up
-Any mention of Ryan Leaf
-Any mention of Mel Kipers Hair
-Any of the following cliches when looking at tape "high motor guy" , "coaches son" , "gym rat"
-Camera pan to a pained face in the green room double for montage of past green rooms rodgers, quinn etc.
-Drink double if any team misses their pick (ahem minnesota)
-Any time a drafted player is interviewed and thanks god

Feel free to list your own.

RedAlice

Reaction score
You would've been hammered last year if you had to take a shot every time the camera panned to Manziel or somone mentioned M.Sam.

Not sure anyone in this draft will be on camera/mentioned as much as either of those two were last year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Since the draft is in Chicago you may have to substitute the Bears fans for the Jets fans. :D

And maybe the Packers fans for the Eagles fans.

kearly

Reaction score
gowazzu02":kqazubpx said:
So its that time of year again. The draft drinking game started with me and my college roomates back when Paul Tagliabue (sp?) was running the show, started by observing and then subsequently drinking every time Paul dropped a "Um" or "Uh" He was almost automatic, look at old video, "With the UH third pick....... with the um fourth pick..... with the uhh fifth pick. With the umm 6th pick so on and so forth.

-New York Jets fans boo their pick (rule also can apply to philly fans in attendance)
-Any of the following cliches when looking at tape "high motor guy" , "coaches son" , "gym rat"
-Camera pan to a pained face in the green room double for montage of past green rooms rodgers, quinn etc.

I do this drinking game every year. At least, that's what people tell me.

NYCoug

Reaction score
gowazzu02":wb4t7roq said:

Holy smokes, I thought my buddies and I were the only ones who loved or even noticed that Pauly Tags would throw in the "uh" before every pick. Honestly, that's the one thing I miss the most about the draft, and one of the reasons why I miss Pauly Tags in general. You sir, are the man. Go Cougs!

Hmmm, draft drinking game... sounds great! To add to the one about the cliches, I'd have to take a drink after every time a white guy gets described as, "not the greatest athlete, but a coach on the field." That one gets a lot of burn around this time of year.

Also, any time Mayock or Kiper refers to someone as being "real loose in the hips", or having a "good, firm base", or being "light in the ass", that gets a drink too.

Yeah, you'd probably get wasted by the 7th pick playing this game. Sounds awesome!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I've been doing this for the better part of a decade. I use a big list and typically just use beer since there's so many options. But, they really don't get said as often as you'd think

“The Real Deal”

Sure thing/Safe pick

High motor

He’s a reach

That’s a steal

High character

Mentally Tough

Boomer gives a nickname

Value pick

The next (name an NFL player)

His stock went up after a great combine

Worried about his Wonderlic score

A physical feat that has no bearing on the game (the Kyle Boller effect)

He played QB in high school

How far will he drop?

The best player available/BPA

A great Senior Bowl elevated his draft stock

Reference to Kiper’s Hair

Big upside

Gruden takes a shot at Kiper

QB’s height is a problem

Product of the system

Penetrating 3-technique

Deceptively Fast

Waist/knee bender

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1ss8qm4a said:
If we drank every time someone said "off-the-field issues" we wouldn't remember watching the draft.

Was there a draft last year??????? :mrgreen:

aredub

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1o86p0p7 said:
If we drank every time someone said "off-the-field issues" we wouldn't remember watching the draft.

HAHAHAHA! This killed me! I'm wasted just thinking about it.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1bpugroz said:
HawkAroundTheClock":1bpugroz said:

Was there a draft last year??????? :mrgreen:
Was there a ... ? Wait, what year is it? :D

aredub":1bpugroz said:
HAHAHAHA! This killed me! I'm wasted just thinking about it.
:D
Just in time for the draft! Which we can then forget!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Well, didst it werks fer yall?? I think if I smell a beer, I may get hammered. So I am thinking a glass of wine instead. LOL
Go hawkssh.