Martellus Bennett on trade block

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Interesting...the article on the same subject from my ESPN app said the Bears discussed a possible deal with the Hawks prior to obtaining Graham. I wonder if that is playing a role in Michael Bennett seeking out a new deal?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah some rumors floating around said this was the main reason Michael Bennett was pissed and might have asked for a trade.........cause he wanted Pete and John to trade for his brother.

If so, that's about as juvenile as it gets.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
I know it is a silly pipedream, but both he and Jimmy lined up would be pretty sweet in the redzone.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Martellus was my #1 trade target this offseason before Pete and John one uped that with Jimmy

Mike 4G

Reaction score
The more I watch the Bennett Bro's on TV, the more I want Martellus... Wish there was a way to make that happen.

kearly

Reaction score
Seems like the Bears are attempting to sell high on Bennett, who is coming off a bit of a fluke season. He's only got 2-3 good years left, and Chicago is on the cusp of a rebuild. Makes total sense that they would dangle him.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I like Martellus, but his would have been a huge mistake. He benefits greatly from all the attention paid to the WRs in Chi. his hands are inconsistent.

Graham is by far the better choice.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I would have been more than happy to get Martellus this off season, but if we'd gotten him and we found out that we could have gotten Graham instead I'd probably have not been very happy at all.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scottemojo":216lgp81 said:
I like Martellus, but his would have been a huge mistake. He benefits greatly from all the attention paid to the WRs in Chi. his hands are inconsistent.

Graham is by far the better choice.

He also benefits greatly from the Bears being down by 28 in the 4th quarter and teams playing prevent defense, which allows him to catch 5-10 more balls a game than he would here in a run offense with limited passes.

Still a good TE, but nowhere close to the dynamic player Graham is.

vonstout

Reaction score
He's a much better blocker than Graham and has pretty good hands. He's 28, which is the same age as Graham, I think. My biggest question would be what would we have had to give up to get him? I'm betting a third rounder or at most a second rounder and we could have kept Unger. Who knows?