Report: Cardinals Open To Trading WR Michael Floyd

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/594236195804160001[/tweet]

A lot of people expected him to make a big leap last year, and he kind of disappointed. A lot of that had to do with the Cardinals revolving door at QB. I've never been a huge fan of him, but if we don't pick up a WR in the draft, I think he'd be worth a look. I'd guess a 3rd/4th rounder would probably land him.

Also on a side note, Josh Cribbs was released today. He could be worth a look as a returner.

drdiags

Reaction score
Usually not something division rivals do, unless you are Tim Ruskell and you hate DJack enough to trade him to the 9ers. Who knows if the Seahawks would bite but I really doubt the Cardinals would trade within the division.

kearly

Reaction score
Floyd starts getting expensive in 2016. Once they start paying him market value, his moneyball value basically disappears because he's only a slightly above average WR.

Ever notice that mid-tier WRs are more likely to leave than to stay when they reach their first bite at FA? By 2017, Floyd will have more value to the Cardinals a 3rd or 4th round comp pick than he would as an above average WR with a $10 million pricetag.

Marvin49

Reaction score
No way do they trade him within the division.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Not interested for anything more than a 5th or 6th and honestly not sure he is a good fit for our team. If Fitzgerald really liked him they wouldn't be trading him

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Richard Sherman told me awhile back that after Floyd got drafted by the Cardinals that he was overrated, I guess the Cardinals felt the same way

Thread Killer

Reaction score
Disappointing. He was in the same draft class with Justin Blackmon.

Who would have guessed that T.Y. Hilton would be the best WR in that draft class? Go figure.