Veteran Free Agent QB available for NE

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there better than T-Jack?

Veteran Free Agents (from Spotrac)

Michael Vick
Kyle Orton (Retired)
Jason Campbell
Tarvaris Jackson
Matt Flynn
Ryan Lindley
Kain Colter
Jordan Palmer
Tyler Thigpen

Maybe Vick? NE has to sign someone. I'd take Tarvaris over the rest of those guys.

minormillikin

Reaction score
If they could get Orton off the couch, I think that might be the best fit. Honestly though, I'd just roll with Garapolo (unless he got shipped off and I didn't notice) and get whoever was cheapest from that list as backup.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Right, Garapolo is going to start, but the only backup right now is a practice squad guy. They need to sign another dude.

kearly

Reaction score
An alternate title for this thread might be, "why it's a good idea to pay Russell Wilson."

2_0_6

Reaction score
As mentioned earlier Orton would be a good fit, but if were just talking active players TJack makes the most sense. Especially since Tebow is off the market. :lol:

Vetamur

Reaction score
Flynn is a good back up and does well in that role. Flynn or TJack..

Popeyejones

Reaction score
If Orton could be convinced to sign I have to imagine he'd actually want to play, not sit on the bench for four weeks before being cut.

TBH I think the Patriots also probably don't want to temporarily sign someone who the fans might call for if Garoppolo starts off slow.

As for Jackson, he was a good backup for the Hawks probably, but just doesn't fit what the Patriots do at all.

Flynn oddly make sense, IMO.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2xoz2g7f said:
If Orton could be convinced to sign I have to imagine he'd actually want to play, not sit on the bench for four weeks before being cut.

:laugh: :rocker:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2q30hom3 said:

Michael Vick
Kyle Orton (Retired)
Jason Campbell
Tarvaris Jackson
Matt Flynn
Ryan Lindley
Kain Colter
Jordan Palmer
Tyler Thigpen

Maybe Vick? NE has to sign someone. I'd take Tarvaris over the rest of those guys.

T-Jack is the best backup QB in the NFL., and I don't see why teams don't realize that. The man is a warrior and even as a starter he was 8-8 which is better than half the starters out there.

I just don't understand the stigma...well yes, maybe I do. It's his "Country Grammar" that holds him back. To quote Michael Robinson "Cain't nobody understand you in the huddle!"

Still, I'd rather have Tarvaris than anyone else out there as my backup QB. :enraged:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1msoakbh said:

Michael Vick
Kyle Orton (Retired)
Jason Campbell
Tarvaris Jackson
Matt Flynn
Ryan Lindley
Kain Colter
Jordan Palmer
Tyler Thigpen

Damn you...I just spit my drink all over my computer screen because the first question you asked in your post was hilarious..

The answer to that question is a resounding YES! There are actually many many better QBs.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ivotuk":2y9oj8xl said:
Hawkstorian":2y9oj8xl said:

Michael Vick
Kyle Orton (Retired)
Jason Campbell
Tarvaris Jackson
Matt Flynn
Ryan Lindley
Kain Colter
Jordan Palmer
Tyler Thigpen

T-Jack is the best backup QB in the NFL., and I don't see why teams don't realize that. The man is a warrior and even as a starter he was 8-8 which is better than half the starters out there.

I just don't understand the stigma...well yes, maybe I do. It's his "Country Grammar" that holds him back. To quote Michael Robinson "Cain't nobody understand you in the huddle!"

Still, I'd rather have Tarvaris than anyone else out there as my backup QB. :enraged:

Tarvaris plays awful in a system he has been in for a decade. By the time he would be as close to competent as he would ever be in a new system, he be almost 50 years old. Look at the list of QBs he was behind for his lone season away from Bevell and ask yourself why he couldn't beat any of those guys out.

Tarvaris is the Seahawks backup QB because he knows the system and we haven't had to watch him play in four years. If we were forced to watch him play, he would never be brought back again.