Levi's® Stadium Named Sports Facility of the Year

chris98251

Reaction score
It should stay really clean and new looking for a long time, the patrons never use the seats and they have to change the turf every few weeks.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ypmob65y said:
ringless":ypmob65y said:
Figured this would bring a few smiles and laughs....

http://www.49ers.com/news/blog/article-2/Levis®-Stadium-Named-Sports-Facility-of-the-Year/afcbd512-57fc-4ded-86f0-c45d471b53a3
Isn't that like Jerruh Jones being named GM of the year??? 8)
Sounds like they are trying to "pimp up" the place for Super Bowl L.

Contrary to many opinions, its a pretty damn nice stadium. Sucks that they had a less than stellar first season and there were a lot of "fans" who showed up just to check out the new digs (and paid through the nose to season ticket holders for that chance), but I have zero complaints about the stadium itself.

Turf issue hopefully has been resolved.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Marvin49":2b15pff3 said:
ringless":2b15pff3 said:

http://www.49ers.com/news/blog/article-2/Levis®-Stadium-Named-Sports-Facility-of-the-Year/afcbd512-57fc-4ded-86f0-c45d471b53a3

You mad bro? Just because they beat the spaceship in Arizona?

:D

Lol.... Its that time of year where there isn't much conversation! I just knew this piece would feed the trolls lol. I actually feel that the stadium will get more of a HFA once the years go on and the real 49er fans start getting their seats back.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":7ztelri6 said:
Marvin49":7ztelri6 said:
ringless":7ztelri6 said:

You mad bro? Just because they beat the spaceship in Arizona?

:D

Lol.... Its that time of year where there isn't much conversation! I just knew this piece would feed the trolls lol. I actually feel that the stadium will get more of a HFA once the years go on and the real 49er fans start getting their seats back.

I think you're exactly right. I had a ton of peeps ask to buy tickets to games last year (I'm a season ticket holder) and MANY of them weren't Niner fans..and some not even FOOTBALL fans. Its the shiny new toy. Peeps jst want to check it out. They were willing to pay through the nose as well....I never sold a ticket last year to a game for less than 2.5 times the purchase price.

In time, that won't be the case and you'll see more Niner fans in the stands.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":2vz8cqms said:
Sports Hernia":2vz8cqms said:
ringless":2vz8cqms said:

Contrary to many opinions, its a pretty damn nice stadium. Sucks that they had a less than stellar first season and there were a lot of "fans" who showed up just to check out the new digs (and paid through the nose to season ticket holders for that chance), but I have zero complaints about the stadium itself.

As long as you're happy Marvin, that's all that counts. ;)
Personally I don't care one way or the other, my team only plays one game there a year (hopefully 2 in 2015). As long as the field surface is good and better than 2014, and doesn't turn into Heinz Field part 2 when my team plays their is all I care about.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":21r789qg said:
Marvin49":21r789qg said:
Sports Hernia":21r789qg said:
ringless":21r789qg said:

Personally I don't care one way or the other, my team only plays one game there a year (hopefully 2 in 2015). As long as the field surface is good and better than 2014, and doesn't turn into Heinz Field part 2 when my team plays their is all I care about.

Should be far better. They resolved the problem last year, but the initial problem set off a chain of events that forced them to install fields that weren't mature yet so chewed up much faster than anticipated.

HOPEFULLY, that's all behind them. It SHOULD never be like that atrocity in Washington.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3nxraxb1 said:
Sports Hernia":3nxraxb1 said:
Marvin49":3nxraxb1 said:
Sports Hernia":3nxraxb1 said:

Should be far better. They resolved the problem last year, but the initial problem set off a chain of events that forced them to install fields that weren't mature yet so chewed up much faster than anticipated.

HOPEFULLY, that's all behind them. It SHOULD never be like that atrocity in Washington.
That's the other crap field I was thinking of besides Pissburg. Seattle lost 2 players during the 2012 playoff game there, the same game where BobIII went down.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
It's a new stadium, so I would expect it to be nice, that isn't a surprise. Only thing that could make that stadium better is if it had a fanbase like SEA's and a team like SEA's.

FlyHawksFly":1d82m244 said:
Sure has been a dream for opposing teams.

Not bad for fans as well, you get to experience a new stadium.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
chris98251":1v8gq21t said:
It should stay really clean and new looking for a long time, the patrons never use the seats and they have to change the turf every few weeks.

puig-bumgarner-bat-flip-051014.gif

kobebryant

Reaction score
The place is beautiful and a marvel. Now, of course, give me Centurlink's HFA all day over elegance.

I was there for the hockey game, and have no qualms with that building winning an award.