If the Rams stay in St. Louis.... (POLL)

If the Chargers and Raiders move, which would you prefer?

• Rams and Raiders swap

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Rams and Chargers swap

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Cards and Raiders swap

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Cards and Chargers swap

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Hawks and Raiders swap

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Hawks and Chargers swap

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Maulbert

Reaction score
...and the Chargers and Raiders move to LA, which realignment would you prefer? While I would much prefer the Rams going back where they belong, I figure this is a question worth asking. Personally, I'd like a swap of the Rams and Raiders if I had my choice in this scenario.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I think the AFC west would serve best as a midwest division with the NFC west being pacific

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3qf00axk said:
how about leaving it as is?

If the Chargers and Raiders both move to LA, there's no way the NFL will let them stay in the same conference. Besides, this is hypothetical in what I would personally feel is a worst case scenario.

RedAlice

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3shg189d said:
Rams and Raiders... it's all about the shorter road trips.

If it's only about shorter road trips, then either Raiders or Chargers would be the same.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
If they do both move, there is no way the Niners or Rams would be moving. I've posted about this before, but both have been in the NFL FAR longer than the Cards and Hawks, and both have been in the NFC West a lot longer.

It would be either the Cards or the Hawks to move. Hawks make the most sense as they were there not too long ago, but the Cards have been kicked around too.

So I voted Cards and Chargers to swap because both teams have the worse history of all the choices, and I believe they would be the most likely to move.

Either way, the Rams aren't going to the AFC.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I hope you are right regarding Rams not going to the AFC.

If they do stay in STL, it would be nice if they also stayed in the NFC W.

I voted my preference as Cards & Chargers as well. Seems the least disruptive, although I would prefer to keep it as is.

chris98251

Reaction score
Won't be Seahawks unless the League offers Paul insentive to, we moved last time with resistence and a promise we won't be moving again.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Honestly the only teams I can see moving (and I think the Rams are as good as in LA already so probably a moot point) are the Cards and Seahawks and that's only because they are the newest members of the division.

Dunno what was promised to Paul Allen when they moved, but doesn't really make any sense to move 49ers or Rams.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Ramfan128":yhi1de17 said:
If they do both move, there is no way the Niners or Rams would be moving. I've posted about this before, but both have been in the NFL FAR longer than the Cards and Hawks, and both have been in the NFC West a lot longer.

It would be either the Cards or the Hawks to move. Hawks make the most sense as they were there not too long ago, but the Cards have been kicked around too.

So I voted Cards and Chargers to swap because both teams have the worse history of all the choices, and I believe they would be the most likely to move.

The Cardinals pre-date the Rams by 38 years and the 49ers by 48 years. The Cardinals are the oldest football team in the NFL, at 117 years. In fact, they are the only NFL team that pre-dates the NFL itself. The Cardinals and the Bears are the only teams still in existence from the NFL's inagural season in 1920. So the Cards do have a history, it's just a history of sucking. I think the Rams gave up any claim they had to rivalries in the west when they moved to St. Louis.

chris98251

Reaction score
First all the NFC WEST would love to see the Hawks leave, they may have a chance to win regularly again, saying that no AFC West team wants us there. After the humility that the Broncos suffered in the Super Bowl, and our consistency the pecking order would leave a division contender out.

Sure things change but as of right now it would be like trying to move the Patriots to the NFC East. Jets Bills and Dolphins would be overjoyed, Skins, Cowboys, Eagles and or Giants would throw fits.

ringless

Reaction score
chris98251":1spg7mrp said:
First all the NFC WEST would love to see the Hawks leave, they may have a chance to win regularly again, saying that no AFC West team wants us there. After the humility that the Broncos suffered in the Super Bowl, and our consistency the pecking order would leave a division contender out.

Sure things change but as of right now it would be like trying to move the Patriots to the NFC East. Jets Bills and Dolphins would be overjoyed, Skins, Cowboys, Eagles and or Giants would throw fits.

I don't want to see the Hawks leave at all.... I like the division as it is, and I certainly don't want to go to the AFC. I would want the Rams to be the odd team out as they should be based on their location....

The Hawks leaving doesnt give us a better chance at winning. How do you know the Hawks will even be good next year?
You guys have to find a way to pay Wagner and Wilson.... Then there is of course constant changes in rosters.

Okkung, Baldwin, Mebane will most likely be gone next year.. I doubt Lynch plays next year. There will be other cap casualties.... Success is typically short lived in the NFL... For all we know the Raiders could be the next dynasty team. The NFL landscape changes quickly, and windows tend to be short. How do we even know if Seattle will be good this year? We don't until the games are played. Sure you guys have a great roster. But past the starters theres not a tremendous amount of depth... Players are wanting to all get paid because of the success, and any Super Bowl contender needs a great locker room. Who knows, maybe that connection will dissipate while some players get upset watching their teammates get paid. There are so many variable I think its hard to say that we would want the Seahawks to leave when their window will close and someone else will open.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
ringless":1q8pb3pd said:
chris98251":1q8pb3pd said:

I don't want to see the Hawks leave at all.... I like the division as it is, and I certainly don't want to go to the AFC. I would want the Rams to be the odd team out as they should be based on their location....

The Hawks leaving doesnt give us a better chance at winning. How do you know the Hawks will even be good next year?
You guys have to find a way to pay Wagner and Wilson.... Then there is of course constant changes in rosters.

Okkung, Baldwin, Mebane will most likely be gone next year.. I doubt Lynch plays next year. There will be other cap casualties.... Success is typically short lived in the NFL... For all we know the Raiders could be the next dynasty team. The NFL landscape changes quickly, and windows tend to be short. How do we even know if Seattle will be good this year? We don't until the games are played. Sure you guys have a great roster. But past the starters theres not a tremendous amount of depth... Players are wanting to all get paid because of the success, and any Super Bowl contender needs a great locker room. Who knows, maybe that connection will dissipate while some players get upset watching their teammates get paid. There are so many variable I think its hard to say that we would want the Seahawks to leave when their window will close and someone else will open.

Sounds so much like what Niner fans were saying last year.

chris98251

Reaction score
I see one player being really untouchable until we find a depth replacement and that's Wilson, everyone else is desired but we have had a knack of filling those positions. I see a Green Bay scenario really pay, pay, and then cut losses when age and performance hit a point of leveling out and you know it won't be improved or sustained like Farve.

Wagner is a nice player, and yes I think we keep him one more contract in some way, but the redshirt players will start to step up and make expendable players that have outgrown the team concept based on salary.

ringless

Reaction score
Maulbert":31hgss9a said:
ringless":31hgss9a said:
chris98251":31hgss9a said:

Sounds so much like what Niner fans were saying last year.

My point is its not like the Success is permanent..... It never is.. Switching a division means you will play another team that just so happens to get good as well....

RedAlice

Reaction score
Maulbert":3fmtwc3k said:
Ramfan128":3fmtwc3k said:

The Cardinals pre-date the Rams by 38 years and the 49ers by 48 years. The Cardinals are the oldest football team in the NFL, at 117 years. In fact, they are the only NFL team that pre-dates the NFL itself. The Cardinals and the Bears are the only teams still in existence from the NFL's inagural season in 1920. So the Cards do have a history, it's just a history of sucking. I think the Rams gave up any claim they had to rivalries in the west when they moved to St. Louis.
j

I just have to quote this comment for my laughs. The "Cardinals" pre-date the Rams means the "STL" Cardinals. Not the AZ Cardinals. And, we are talking about the "STL" Rams.

Ask ANY STL fan what they think about "history" hahahahahahah

eta: hahahahhaahahahhaaaahaa

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ringless":bd21u23q said:
chris98251":bd21u23q said:

Gentlemen, look at the above and know beyond a shadow of doubt that we have officially arrived and are first tier. When your rivals know your team as well as your typical fan you need no other proof.

Isn't it good to be envied, feared, hated and loved?

RedAlice

Reaction score
I have been reading different boards on this topic.

The two teams' fans who mostly think they should not leave the NFC W: Hawk and Niner

The two teams' fans who are split, don't care or are wishy washy: St. Louis and Cards.

---------

Yes, notice I use the team name for three teams and the city for one.

St. Louis fans by a percentage want to go the AFC for some in state rivalry w KC that no one else in the entire country of America will care about.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":1qdlyrar said:
I have been reading different boards on this topic.

The two teams' fans who mostly think they should not leave the NFC W: Hawk and Niner

The two teams' fans who are split, don't care or are wishy washy: St. Louis and Cards.

---------

Yes, notice I use the team name for three teams and the city for one.

St. Louis fans by a percentage want to go the AFC for some in state rivalry w KC that no one else in the entire country of America will care about.
You know what's worse? Nobody in Kansas City will either. St. Louis doesn't exist to native Kansas City people. Everyone knows as for the NFL it's Kansas City and for MLB it's St. Louis. But it's beyond hilarious that the Royals are starting to muck around in the Cardinals playground.

Being an outsider I'm not actually sure if Missourian's remember most of St . Louis is actually in Missouri not Illinois.