Byron maxwell guarantees eagles will make SB50

HHHTGT

Reaction score
This is laughable at best, I honestly think Byron forgot he no longer plays for a Super Bowl contending team.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Eagles go 6-10. Kelly is fired after the season. He's a terrible coach that won with Andy Reid's remains. Also, I might be the only person who thinks this, but Murray is a downgrade from McCoy. Last year was a contract year for Murray. He won't play that well again, more likely he'll get hurt and miss at least 6 games again.

RedAlice

Reaction score

"We had guys that made smoothies in Seattle, too. All that music during practice. It really is the same."

It's nice he feels comfy in Philly. I think he forgot to look over at the O side of things though. Playing w a solid QB and Lynch on the run game might cause a bit of spoiled expectations.

I will agree with him on one thing - Philly is a great football city. It's one of the reasons I love it and have enjoyed going to the games there - great fans. So, they are probably similiar in culture like that.

kearly

Reaction score
I thought the Eagles had a disaster offseason.

Murray is almost guaranteed to be injured given his past history and 2014 workload. Bradford isn't a good bet to stay healthy especially with the Eagles protection issues.

Maxwell is good, no sour grapes. We shall see how he does without Carroll's system and Earl's help. The Eagles paid way too much for a guy that is almost guaranteed to have less value outside of Seattle.

Didn't love their draft. Agholor is super vanilla as a WR prospect, though I bet he produces in Philly anyway just because their system makes vanilla WRs into fantasy studs. There will be a dropoff from a veteran Maclin to a rookie Agholor. The Eagles only had six draft picks total, and it wasn't until their 7th rounder that they did anything to add talent in the trenches.

Their best move by far was trading McCoy for Alonso. But even Alonso, who is basically the new Lofa Tatupu, will probably have a peak-early career since he's already at his ceiling. Good addition, but it was a bit of a pricey 'win now move' during a rebuild offseason.

And not that it matters, but, Tebow!

Basically, they dissected a team that was a threat to win 12-13 regular season games if everything clicked just right, for a team that is kind of a jumbled mess of finesse and non-finesse players without any real plan. The whole offseason seemed to have a 'grab bag' mentality rather than 'big picture' mentality.

It was an awkward offseason that felt Ruskell-esque, in that it tried to blow up the team and push all the chips in at the same time. And even after all the moves they made, that defense is still soft and finesse. And they will get their asses kicked in the trenches worse than ever. On both sides of the ball.

I think Kelly is a very smart coach. However, I think last season, in particular the beatdown at home to Seattle, was a referendum that proved Kelly's system of exploiting speed in college just doesn't work in the NFL. In the NFL, everyone has pretty good speed, so trying to win with cutesy stuff just makes you a soft ass team.

I think Kelly realized this which explains the bizarre and desperate nature of the offseason he just engineered. He needs to get his team to be more physical to compete in the NFC, but physical play has never been Kelly's forte, so he's left grasping at straws.

titan3131

Reaction score
Well this explains why we let him go. He's smoking crack.

kearly

Reaction score
NFCCG will be Seattle and GB again. Get used to it, there are going to be a lot of playoff games between WIlson and Rodgers over the next decade.

I am very curious to see how the Lions respond to their changes at DT. They were looking pretty legit before horseshit officiating helped end their season.

Arizona will probably make the playoffs too.

Dallas could be damn good if they get lucky at RB.

Someone from the NFC South will make it.

I doubt the Eagles make the playoffs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":6nn5lorr said:
Says culture in Philly is pretty much identical to the culture in Seattle. I am predicting Seattle vs Philly in NFC title game. But seahawks win.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... er-bowl-50
I like Max and all but he is failing to remember he doesn't have Earl and Kamtrak to cover his arse when he gets beat.
I think Philly could be 6-10 or 10-6 in that division.
*allas is a house of cards will come back down to reality and miss the playoffs.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
no team with bradford or sanchez at qb is going to the SB...... EVER

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":mlpmhiwn said:
Didn't Thurmond III make a similar statement last year about the Giants?

He said they had the potential to be a better secondary than Seattle's. Whom does Thurmond play for now? The Eagles.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2k4aig5h said:
Sports Hernia":2k4aig5h said:
Didn't Thurmond III make a similar statement last year about the Giants?

He said they had the potential to be a better secondary than Seattle's. Whom does Thurmond play for now? The Eagles.
Ah yes, that was it, thanks! :th2thumbs:

Hawks46

Reaction score
To agree with Kearly, I think Murray gets hurt this year, but they've got a few good backs. If Murray and Matthews can split carries, they will have a good run game. I think they both fit Kelly's system better than McCoy. Shady dances too much and needs to hit the hole faster.

I'm not up on the Eagles personnel, but their DLine was legit last year. Their LB corps was above average, and their secondary was terrible. I don't know if they improved it, although Alonso will improve their LBers. I know they got rid of Trent Cole, who might've been their best DLman last year, so they need to have a solution there.

As it looks right now (without dissecting the draft and FA moves too much) I would say their defense might be slightly better across the board, but slightly worse at the line, which won't help against a Seattle. Their offense is filled with a lot of high risk moves, but Kelly is smarter than me at offense so I'd trust him.

Thing is, I don't think they can beat GB. And honestly, you need to be able to beat GB to have a chance at us. Our defense will be roughly the same as last year, with the possibility of improving with our draft class. We won't be worse. Our offense will be better with the additions of a proven player in Graham and a great draft pick in Lockett. Our ST's need to improve, but I think Lockett improves the return game by himself.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I can't blame Maxwell. He has probably forgotten what it is like to not be on a team in the Super Bowl.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Well, he's got enough money to buy the entire team tickets...that's the only way they're going.