Somebody woke Tim Kawakami this morning .............

Jville

Reaction score
............................................................ and it wasn't any of us at seahawks.net

KAWAKAMI SIG4540 bigger
Tim Kawakami was totally focused on the Warriors games until this morning ....
[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/607238473045508096[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/607238834682601472[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/607240201430134784[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/607240416535060480[/tweet]

................... and in response to "who in the hell is an actual york/baalke fan?"

[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/607253768988553217[/tweet]

& some York/Baalke fans are content to take up residence here as proxy/posting pundits.

************************ Posted for entertainment purposes **************************

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1w2k503y said:
Is he on Marvin's approved list?
Ummmmmmmmmm No.
If you are critical of the current 9'ers ownership or front office, you don't make it on the above mentioned esteemed list.
Just the way it is........ 8)

chris98251

Reaction score
Baalke and York at the wheel of the 49ers.

thelma-and-louise-o.gif

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":11ia2v9k said:
chris98251":11ia2v9k said:

thelma-and-louise-o.gif
I chuckled. :lol:

I'm guessing patience is in order over the next couple of months before this concludes with "The Crash"

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Jville":2zqf72b6 said:
Sports Hernia":2zqf72b6 said:
chris98251":2zqf72b6 said:

thelma-and-louise-o.gif
I chuckled. :lol:

I'm guessing patience is in order over the next couple of months before this concludes with "The Crash"

But LOOK........they're flying!!!!

"That is not flying. That is falling with style." :thirishdrinkers:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The thing I've never understood is why any sports fans in the Bay Area even follow Kawakmi on Twitter. He doesn't even pretend to have any purpose on Twitter beyond trolling them. :lol:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":14ds2w31 said:
MizzouHawkGal":14ds2w31 said:
Is he on Marvin's approved list?
Ummmmmmmmmm No.
If you are critical of the current 9'ers ownership or front office, you don't make it on the above mentioned esteemed list.
Just the way it is........ 8)

Do we have to go over this again. List hasn't changed in 3 years. :D

Anyone but a Cohn or a Kawakami. Anyone but those three guys. The fact that we keep having this same conversation and in just about every instance its about one of these three guys should tell you something.

It won't though...you'll continue to make fools of yourselves defending the hacks of the journalistic world thinging that somehow YOU can simply see what 49er fans cannot. Have a ball with it. If you had any clue what you were defending you'd be sick to your stomach.

You guys big :D Skip Bayless fans too?

You should also take note how quickly Tim there got butt-hurt over his responses and started responding like the condescending a-hole we know and love.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":ifkm95p2 said:
The thing I've never understood is why any sports fans in the Bay Area even follow Kawakmi on Twitter. He doesn't even pretend to have any purpose on Twitter beyond trolling them. :lol:

Me either.

Its funny...I don't follow/read anything from the Cohns or Kawakami but I can rest assured that someone here will ALWAYS find them. :D

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":3s5fc26h said:
Popeyejones":3s5fc26h said:

Me either.

Its funny...I don't follow/read anything from the Cohns or Kawakami but I can rest assured that someone here will ALWAYS find them. :D

Tim Kawakami is simply too much for those that don't want to know the whole story with all its warts and bruises. Too revealing for those with an addiction to a sweeten filtered version. Offensive to those entrapped in a blind loyalty to a company line. They rail against such publication complaining bitterly.

Don't sell the Bay Area short. There are plenty of knowledgeable and independent thinkers in the Bay Area. Discerning fans with eyes wide open and little use for agents of censorship and filtered imagery. Knowledgeable fans because they welcome and enjoy a full range of coverage. Trusting their own minds to independently come to an understanding in the comprehension of ongoing events.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":1b9jygct said:
Marvin49":1b9jygct said:
Popeyejones":1b9jygct said:

Me either.

Tim Kawakami is simply too much for those that don't want to know the whole story with all its warts and bruises. Too revealing for those with an addiction to a sweeten filtered version. Offensive to those entrapped in a blind loyalty to a company line. They rail against such publication complaining bitterly.

Don't sell the Bay Area short. There are plenty of knowledgeable and independent thinkers in the Bay Area. Discerning fans with eyes wide open and little use for agents of censorship and filtered imagery. Knowledgeable fans because they welcome and enjoy a full range of coverage. Trusting their own minds to independently come to an understanding in the comprehension of ongoing events.

Woah...getting deep in here. Might need my fishing waders soon. :D

Kawakami is no such thing. The fact that you defend him as such is really cute. Kind of endearing actually.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
^^^ Tim Kawakami is simply too much for those that don't want to know the whole story with all its warts and bruises. Too revealing for those with an addiction to a sweeten filtered version. Offensive to those entrapped in a blind loyalty to a company line. They rail against such publication complaining bitterly.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":3ixkfd4y said:
^^^ Tim Kawakami is simply too much for those that don't want to know the whole story with all its warts and bruises. Too revealing for those with an addiction to a sweeten filtered version. Offensive to those entrapped in a blind loyalty to a company line. They rail against such publication complaining bitterly.

LOL.

Saying it more than once don't make it so.

Let me put this another day and make a comparison to the modern day media landscape.

Its like being a democrat and looking at your options for news.

The Cohns and Kawakami are FOX News. Blathering on about Obama being the worst president in history, the war on Christmas, etc. From time to time they are correct, but there is an agenda in everything they report.

To be fair, Tim is IMO BY FAR the least offensive of this trio. Grant is by far the worst. I think of Cohn in the same way I think of Rush Limbaugh. He may say something correct from time to time, but that don't make me value his opinion.

Guys like Trent Dilfer are like an MSNBC. From time to time they will call their guys out, but for the most part they are huge homers for their guy.

The vast majority out there though is like the rest of the "liberal" news media. Everything has a slightly positive...or better yet "hopeful" slant to it, but largely reporting just the facts.

FOX News is a HUGE overcorrection to the slight media imbalance. As many studies have shown, FOX News viewers are less aware of world events than people who don't watch the news at all. Same principal in effect. If you wre read only the Cohns or Kawakami, you would come away with a Team view that really has nothing to do with reality and has more to do with supporting an opinion that gets them mouse clicks.

Fair and Balanced? That's the FOX News tag line. Its about as fitting to FOX as it is to Kawakami and the Cohns.

You can joke all you want about the approved readers list and I like to play along as well, but you will never convince myself or anyone who has read those guys over an extended period of time that they are worth listening too.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I'll give the dude credit for being right about the issues between Harbaugh and the FO all along.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":25nbxhk6 said:
I'll give the dude credit for being right about the issues between Harbaugh and the FO all along.

Independent coverage. :th2thumbs:

It certainly wasn't acknowledge by the company line.

rideaducati

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":18hv0ujq said:

Yeah, but Marvin and company didn't like what he was saying, so he was the worst reporter ever for reporting what they didn't want to hear.

As for Cohn and his article on Keeporpick last week, what was the WORST news that niner fans could have heard? That Keeporpick reverted back to his old ways when he was pressured. Maiocco and all the other niner shills didn't report any such thing because it was bad, but they ALL saw it too.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":vwpz70qz said:

...except for when he wasn't and said their relationship was repaired and the 9ers were going to the Super Bowl last year. :lol:

Just b/c I'm curious, who are the Hawks beat reporters and columnists?

How many of them are there?

I'm just curious if the Cohn and Kawakami types are in some ways a result of niche partitioning in larger markets (L.A. has them, New York has them, Chicago has them), as it could explain why the whole concept seems so unfamiliar to Hawks fans.