Patriots Release Spikes

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13035812[/urltargetblank]

He was just re-signed this offseason to a one year deal. According to the story, it appears that a vehicle reported that it had been rear ended. On the same road, they found Spikes' vehicle abandoned. No charges have been filed yet, but it was enough for the Patriots to quickly cut ties with him.

Shortly before 3:30 a.m. ET Sunday, police responded to a report of a 2011 Mercedes Maybach in the median strip. Police said they were notified by a representative of the OnStar on-board navigation system that the driver reported hitting a deer.

When police arrived at the car, the driver was not present. Police said they did not find a deer in the area.

drdiags

Reaction score
I was wondering if Spikes was the player who had just re-signed after a stint in Buffalo. He was starting to repair his connections with the Patriots fan after re-signing last week only to have this happen. Guess it was not in the cards for him to have the happy return it looked like it was going to be.

drrew

Reaction score
Cyrus12":349tq2xv said:
tires were probably low on air and couldn't stop in time....

I know I always forget to check my tire pressure after a few drinks.

mikeak

Reaction score
drdiags":1rv2s65s said:
I was wondering if Spikes was the player who had just re-signed after a stint in Buffalo. He was starting to repair his connections with the Patriots fan after re-signing last week only to have this happen. Guess it was not in the cards for him to have the happy return it looked like it was going to be.

If the definition of "it was probably not in the cards" is equal to leaving your car on the highway after most likely rear-ending someone and you make a false claim that it hit a deer then I would agree with this assesment

if that is the wrong definition then I would say that it was purely self-inflicted

mikeak

Reaction score
drrew":3uoa1hgi said:
Cyrus12":3uoa1hgi said:

I heard he inspected them previously so he figured nobody would mess with them after the inspection.....

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1b9q49zt said:
drrew":1b9q49zt said:
Cyrus12":1b9q49zt said:

I heard he inspected them previously so he figured nobody would mess with them after the inspection.....

Yeah, once he's inspected them, as far as he is concerned, those balls, err, tires, are perfect and he doesn't want anyone else touching them.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
You all know it was the ball boy who stole his car and wrecked it. Those guys are actually spies planted by Goodell to bring down the Patriots so he can move them to London and call them the London Expatriots

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":hjmfsya7 said:
You all know it was the ball boy who stole his car and wrecked it. Those guys are actually spies planted by Goodell to bring down the Patriots so he can move them to London and call them the London Expatriots

Hahah. I'll admit, I laughed.

drdiags

Reaction score
mikeak":zv66wu99 said:
drdiags":zv66wu99 said:

If the definition of "it was probably not in the cards" is equal to leaving your car on the highway after most likely rear-ending someone and you make a false claim that it hit a deer then I would agree with this assesment

if that is the wrong definition then I would say that it was purely self-inflicted

Purely self-inflicted, but I tend to weasel-word to leave some wiggle room in case there is some insane explanation that comes to light that exonerates him. I hate leading a witch hunt only to find out we burned an innocent at the stakes. From all appearances, one would have to be living in denial to think he didn't bring this upon himself. The only thing I have read to date still has vague assumptions. This may have become clearer since I posted my 50K view of the currently unfolding story.

Is that a good enough explanation or should I just fire up the stakes?

mikeak

Reaction score
I always err on the side of fire up the stakes when New England Patriots are involved..... :D

In this case - unless the car was reported stolen prior to the events it is self-inflected. Won't matter if he was dumb enough to lend out (as most people would claim) to someone with this bad judgement or if he did it himself

Ironically - leaving the car there and then getting cut is probably better than the outcome of getting caught and getting cut. He can still have a buddy claim he was driving and then end up getting signed by a different team.....

ivotuk

Reaction score
Another one of Urban Meyer's Choir Boys who got in trouble while playing at Florida for trying to gouge a running back's eyes out with his fingers.

Wonder what kind of convicts he's harboring in "The Ohio State Penitentiary?"

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
mikeak":3ufxejgl said:
drrew":3ufxejgl said:
Cyrus12":3ufxejgl said:

...To him, those tires were perfect.

lsheldon

Reaction score
How much time do you get for a hit-N-run that causes injury? Wonder if he'll be rooming with Hernandez. They should have a lot to talk about, that is if Hernandez doesn't try to kill him first.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ex- ... ar-BBl2eP7

BOSTON (AP) Former New England Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes has been cited for rear-ending another vehicle on a Massachusetts highway then leaving the scene.

State police said Friday that Spikes is accused of leaving the scene of an accident causing injury, speeding, driving negligently and failure to stay within marked lanes.