Harbaugh told Jed York that meeting was for 'men only

ringless

Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/repo ... nly-060815

LOL!

@Kyle_McLorgBASG
Source: midway thru 2014, York walked into meeting Harbaugh was holding w/ players, & Harbaugh told Jed that the meeting was for "men only"'

I will say if true, I can see how Jed may have taken it out of context, and how he would have had the right to be there. But it is a funny story

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Poor little boy owner, his ego was bruised.

I maintain that money was the biggest issue. A cheapskate like Jed, who got a city to cover 100% of the expenses and risk on a new stadium, could not tolerate Harbaugh cutting into his profit margin by paying him like the Top 5 coach he was.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ringless":1z6n0n06 said:
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/report-jim-harbaugh-told-ceo-jed-york-that-meeting-was-for-men-only-060815

LOL!

@Kyle_McLorgBASG
Source: midway thru 2014, York walked into meeting Harbaugh was holding w/ players, & Harbaugh told Jed that the meeting was for "men only"'

I will say if true, I can see how Jed may have taken it out of context, and how he would have had the right to be there. But it is a funny story
If true, OUCH! :lol:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2c9lto99 said:
I maintain that money was the biggest issue. A cheapskate like Jed, who got a city to cover 100% of the expenses and risk on a new stadium

Just making stuff up as you go, huh?

I know I'm the one who criticized the public funds and (in particular) public loan risk for Levi's stadium (and I stand by that), but what you're saying just doesn't have a lick of truth to it.

For Comparison's Sake:

Paul Allen Networth: 17.5 Billion
Seahawks' contribution to the building of CLink: 130 Million
% of Stadium Cost Publicly Funded: 65%
Annual rent Allen pays to Seattle: 1 million.

York Family networth: 1 billion
49ers contribution to the building of Levi's: 350 million
% of Stadium Cost Publicly Funded: 12%
Annual rent the Yorks pay to Santa Clara: 25 million.

As for the topic of the thread, I seriously doubt this story has a lick of truth to it, but if it was true LOL at it being spun to reflect poorly on Jeb York and not instead being a clear-cut arrow in his quiver as yet another example of why Harbaugh has a three year shelf life eveywhere he goes.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":d34ahz8b said:
hawknation2015":d34ahz8b said:
I maintain that money was the biggest issue. A cheapskate like Jed, who got a city to cover 100% of the expenses and risk on a new stadium

I know I'm the one who criticized the public funds and (in particular) public loan risk for Levi's stadium (and I stand by that), but what you're saying just doesn't have a lick of truth to it.

For Comparison's Sake:

As for the topic of the thread, I seriously doubt this story has a lick of truth to it, but if it was true LOL at it being spun to reflect poorly on Jeb York and not instead being a clear-cut arrow in his quiver as yet another example of why Harbaugh has a three year shelf life eveywhere he goes.

Don't confuse him with facts.

Jville

Reaction score
ringless":27qie0vn said:
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/report-jim-harbaugh-told-ceo-jed-york-that-meeting-was-for-men-only-060815

LOL!

@Kyle_McLorgBASG

I have no idea what Jed & Trent could possibly do for an encore.

The turmoil of 2014 has taken on a life of its own and become legendary.

chris98251

Reaction score
Oh Caitlyn Jenner hired as a motivational speaker would be a good start.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
GIF-2.0.0.gif

Charlie Murphy Laughing Chappelles Show Prince

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If true, it's funny but I have to say it takes balls to say something like that to one's boss. Now we know, Harbaugh has a pair. Plus, it shows that Jed York has earned very little respect.

byau

Reaction score
hawkfan68":12cqukv3 said:
If true, it's funny but I have to say it takes balls to say something like that to one's boss. Now we know, Harbaugh has a pair. Plus, it shows that Jed York has earned very little respect.

I'm sure Harbaugh knew he was gone anyway. Kind of like one of those things after you've given your notice at work and you let loose a bit with the whole "What are they gonna do, fire me?" mantra.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":338d0ih7 said:
Popeyejones":338d0ih7 said:
hawknation2015":338d0ih7 said:

For Comparison's Sake:

Where is your link?

Paul Allen contributed $140 million of his own money on CenturyLink. Where is your evidence that Jed contributed one dime?

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1qlmkfui said:
Marvin49":1qlmkfui said:
Popeyejones":1qlmkfui said:
hawknation2015":1qlmkfui said:

For Comparison's Sake:

Where is your link?

Paul Allen contributed $140 million of his own money on CenturyLink. Where is your evidence that Jed contributed one dime?

It's Wiki....but its what I could find on short notice.

On February 2, 2012, NFL owners approved a loan to the 49ers of $200,000,000, for use in constructing the new stadium, and to be taken from a new G-4 stadium loan fund.[64] Terms of the loan were not specified, but under the previous G-3 plan, money was repaid directly into the league's account from the borrowing team's share of gate receipts from road games.

Ond BTW, Its a lot easier to not be "cheap" when your net worth is 17.5 times that of the other owner in question. Its not cheap to not spend money you don't have.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":21gey4ji said:
Where is your link?

Happy to.

Before digging into that single number, let's make sure we agree on all of the other figures I cited.

You agree that Seattle taxpayers contributed 466% higher of a percent of the cost of the stadium than Santa Clara taxpayers, and that the 49ers pay 2400% higher annual rental fees to Santa Clara than the Seahawks do to Seattle?

Let's establish that baseline about who has gotten "a city to cover" what (as you said in your quote that I objected to).

We're on the same page that you're wrong about that?

If so, we can proceed with how someone with a billion dollars makes a several hundred million dollar investment versus how someone with 17.5 billion dollars makes a 130 million dollar investment. ;)

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I don't think you can realistically leave out the $195 million that Allen paid for the franchise at the same time, as opposed to the $0 Jed paid for the 49ers (his family paid 13 million in 1977). Of course at the time Allen was worth close to double what he is now.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":1opkeqkb said:
Wikipedia?? LOL

As I said...all I could find on short notice. No mystery there tho...everyone knew they used the league loan program.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ncqarx6 said:
hawknation2015":2ncqarx6 said:
Marvin49":2ncqarx6 said:
Popeyejones":2ncqarx6 said:

For Comparison's Sake:

Where is your link?

On February 2, 2012, NFL owners approved a loan to the 49ers of $200,000,000, for use in constructing the new stadium, and to be taken from a new G-4 stadium loan fund.[64] Terms of the loan were not specified, but under the previous G-3 plan, money was repaid directly into the league's account from the borrowing team's share of gate receipts from road games.

Ond BTW, Its a lot easier to not be "cheap" when your net worth is 17.5 times that of the other owner in question. Its not cheap to not spend money you don't have.

So . . . if this source is to be believed, (1) it was a loan from the NFL owners to the organization, not money that was personally contributed or guaranteed by Jed.

And (2) it doesn't even match the $300 million figure that Popeye pulled out of who knows where to insinuate that Jed paid a nickel of his own money for this stadium or that he used more of his own money than Paul Allen did, LOL.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Bitter":3icux30a said:
I don't think you can realistically leave out the $195 million that Allen paid for the franchise at the same time, as opposed to the $0 Jed paid for the 49ers (his family paid 13 million in 1977). Of course at the time Allen was worth close to double what he is now.

Not sure how that has any bearing on anything really as Jed is NOT the owner of the team.

I mean hell, the Rooneys and Maras have owned their teams forever and its never a topic of conversation. Why do we need to take that into account?

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1ci0ke7m said:
Marvin49":1ci0ke7m said:
hawknation2015":1ci0ke7m said:
Marvin49":1ci0ke7m said:

Where is your link?

So . . . if this source is to be believed, (1) it was a loan from the NFL owners to the organization, not money that was personally contributed or guaranteed by Jed.

And (2) it doesn't even match the $300 million figure that Popeye pulled out of who knows where to insinuate that Jed paid a nickel of his own money for this stadium or that he used more of his own money than Paul Allen did, LOL.

"not money that was personally contributed or guaranteed by Jed"

I hate to break it to ya, but Jed ain't that rich. The ONLY way they'd be able to contribute would be through some sort of loan. That's what the league loan is for and the team will pay down the debt in that case. Jed himself wasn't a co-founder of Microsoft.

Whats kinda funny to me though is that peeps are giving Jed crap here for not being able to write a 130 million dollar check the way Allen did but don't seem to have any issue with Allen letting Seattle foot the remaining 65% of the cost.

Levis is primarily a privately funded stadium with only 12% of the costs coming out of a public fund...and even in that case it didn't come from new taxes, it came from a redevelopment fund that was earmarked towards projects like this one.