Martellus Bennett expected to end holdout

hawknation2015

Reaction score
CHICAGO -- Bears tight end Martellus Bennett arrived at the team facility on Monday to take a physical in advance of the club's three-day mandatory minicamp that begins on Tuesday, a league source confirmed.

Bennett is expected to participate in the minicamp after skipping the Bears' entire voluntary offseason program due to a contract dispute, per the source.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/ ... rs-absence

Exittium

Reaction score
Hmm.. Funny both brothers wanting more money?.. I'm losing respect for that family as a whole rather than just Micheal at this point.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Exittium":2azj3ly2 said:
Hmm.. Funny both brothers wanting more money?.. I'm losing respect for that family as a whole rather than just Micheal at this point.

As far as Martellus is concerned, he only missed voluntary workouts. as a fan, I couldn't care less about a player missing voluntary workouts. As for wanting more money, I don't blame a guy for trying.

netskier

Reaction score
Losing respect for brothers because of them talking to each other? About business???

Hawks46

Reaction score
kidhawk":2qyzjcrx said:
Exittium":2qyzjcrx said:

As far as Martellus is concerned, he only missed voluntary workouts. as a fan, I couldn't care less about a player missing voluntary workouts. As for wanting more money, I don't blame a guy for trying.

Has Michael missed anything mandatory yet ?

Either way, both brothers seem to have the same strategy. I expect Michael to make the mandatory stuff as well. If money is that big of a deal to these guys, I can't see them losing any due to fines.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":fp1xav08 said:
kidhawk":fp1xav08 said:
Exittium":fp1xav08 said:

Has Michael missed anything mandatory yet ?

Either way, both brothers seem to have the same strategy. I expect Michael to make the mandatory stuff as well. If money is that big of a deal to these guys, I can't see them losing any due to fines.

I believe we haven't held anything mandatory yet (at least for vets). I think Thursday is the day for the on field mandatory practice session.

Exittium

Reaction score
No, I'm tired of hearing them whine about wanting more money. What about millions upon millions of bucks isn't enough to play a game, live life comfy and have your future generations setup nicely (After all, thats much more then our current and former troops get)? Especially when Micheal had a chance on the market what Twice? And Martellus had what 2 or 3 chances as well between the Cowboys, Giants and Bears? And yeah there's no way they'll miss anything that would result in fines, that would be foolish.

He wants more money, great go out and earn it. Look for investments, open some clothes or food franchises or something. But all you do by holding out is look like a spoiled brat. And kids look up to these people, they see it and it becomes okay in their minds.. I don't know, the NFL is starting to feel like a really bad and long never ending episode of those Kardashians.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I take this as just another positive sign that Michael Bennett will himself return for our mandatory workout.

I thought it was pretty funny when Sherman called him out for his "persona" of holding out when he was actually attending meetings in VMAC during OTAs.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I could care less if they want more money. Everyone wants more money and if this is an accepted negotiation tactic, then fine (which it is, by the way).

The problem I have is that he just signed a contract last year. Now he's just wasting everyone's time, and it almost screams of him just wanting attention. He's also making himself and the team look foolish. No one pulls this crap just one year after signing a contract. I haven't heard about it in the last 15 years or so.

Exittium

Reaction score
Hawks46":393natwu said:
I could care less if they want more money. Everyone wants more money and if this is an accepted negotiation tactic, then fine (which it is, by the way).

The problem I have is that he just signed a contract last year. Now he's just wasting everyone's time, and it almost screams of him just wanting attention. He's also making himself and the team look foolish. No one pulls this crap just one year after signing a contract. I haven't heard about it in the last 15 years or so.

This in Bold, is really my main issue. Agreed everyone wants more money, but the part in bold is what I mean.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Exittium":1gnuhltv said:
No, I'm tired of hearing them whine about wanting more money. What about millions upon millions of bucks isn't enough to play a game, live life comfy and have your future generations setup nicely (After all, thats much more then our current and former troops get)? Especially when Micheal had a chance on the market what Twice? And Martellus had what 2 or 3 chances as well between the Cowboys, Giants and Bears? And yeah there's no way they'll miss anything that would result in fines, that would be foolish.

He wants more money, great go out and earn it. Look for investments, open some clothes or food franchises or something. But all you do by holding out is look like a spoiled brat. And kids look up to these people, they see it and it becomes okay in their minds.. I don't know, the NFL is starting to feel like a really bad and long never ending episode of those Kardashians.

I was watching The Peoples Court yesterday and the rerun had the kid (16 or so) "borrowing" the sisters car, wrecking it, and not owning up to the wrecking part. Post court interview he wants to be in the NFL.....Ya...I kinda laughed at the kid. :roll:

OkieHawk

Reaction score
netskier":3r538qrx said:
Losing respect for brothers because of them talking to each other? About business???

Good point, it's hard to expect them to not talk about this kind of stuff really. It is a business, and while I think he has no leg to stand on, he can still try to get a raise. The thing is he probably realizes he isn't getting it but does it really hurt to try?