John Moffitt - unretires

drrew

Reaction score
Per Jay Glazer, John Moffitt officially un-retired today.

Has been working with Jay and his crew along with Hutch, Jackie Slater and John O'Hara.

At a minimum salary, I'd invite him to camp.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
drrew":3urf8goy said:

Has been working with Jay and his crew along with Hutch, Jackie Slater and John O'Hara.

He ran out of money already?????
I'd pass on him, as he already proved his heart wasn't in it.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":5kiplhui said:
drrew":5kiplhui said:

He "retired" because of his substance abuse issues. He has apparently addressed those and is now clean. He's still technically the property of the Broncos but they are expected to release him so he can go through waivers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... two-years/

kidhawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1zkrxjee said:
Sports Hernia":1zkrxjee said:
drrew":1zkrxjee said:

He "retired" because of his substance abuse issues. He has apparently addressed those and is now clean. He's still technically the property of the Broncos but they are expected to release him so he can go through waivers.

I read on twitter that they have waived him. I don't know if retired players coming back go through the waiver system or if he becomes an UFA automatically. Either way, it's unlikely anyone does more than make him a vet minimum offer to see what he can do in Training camp. He's a risky proposition.

Exittium

Reaction score
Moffitt retired from the NFL on November 5, 2013. He stated that he was unhappy, and did not want to risk his health for money

So his original reason for retiring is above. Now, as I recall afterwards he then slammed the NFL, and big businesses also didn't he want his own cooking show or something? Now I'm not going go say he WASN'T on drugs, because you'd have to be to want to leave the opportunity he had behind then to turn around and slam it after they gave you millions.

My guess is he ran out of money, learned people really dont care for his fake rear kissing charm acts, and he couldn't make enough money outside of the NFL to continue.whatever lifestyle he lived. And also wasn't he traded to Cleveland 1st before Denver and then the traded was canceled because of him failing his physical? ..

SeatownJay

Reaction score
kidhawk":1alhy1h4 said:
SeatownJay":1alhy1h4 said:
Sports Hernia":1alhy1h4 said:
drrew":1alhy1h4 said:

I read on twitter that they have waived him. I don't know if retired players coming back go through the waiver system or if he becomes an UFA automatically. Either way, it's unlikely anyone does more than make him a vet minimum offer to see what he can do in Training camp. He's a risky proposition.
Because he had fewer than four years of service when he retired, Moffitt will now pass through waivers. If unclaimed, he’ll become a free agent.

kearly

Reaction score
Atlanta is desperate enough.

Denver might give him a tryout, since Moffitt fits their MO of stockpiling mediocre, but not outright terrible, OL. I guess that should be obvious, given that they traded for him.

The real problem for Moffitt is that teams barely gave a shit about him before he retired. Now that he's un-retired, will teams un-not-give-a-shit about him?

Exittium

Reaction score
kearly":1z4pv7gy said:

Denver might give him a tryout, since Moffitt fits their MO of stockpiling mediocre, but not outright terrible, OL. I guess that should be obvious, given that they traded for him.

The real problem for Moffitt is that teams barely gave a shit about him before he retired. Now that he's un-retired, will teams un-not-give-a-shit about him?

Not only did teams barely gave a shit about him, but he used media to slam the NFL. That's like telling your boss to go stick it where the sun doesn't shine after you've left and asking for your job back. They won't remember the work you did, but they'll most likely remember what was said.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Exittium":28n8zpcm said:
kearly":28n8zpcm said:

Not only did teams barely gave a shit about him, but he used media to slam the NFL. That's like telling your boss to go stick it where the sun doesn't shine after you've left and asking for your job back. They won't remember the work you did, but they'll most likely remember what was said.
If he was actually "good" I could see many teams easily overlooking his comments.
Hell, Dallas has a team full of women beaters, do you think they'd be there if they were "Moffit level"?

irocdave

Reaction score
Dude burned through his cash and now wants back in the game. Wouldn't touch him. Didn't quit the drugs until he was out of cash, what happens when he gets paid again?