Terrelle ready to be a receiver

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/611702243176353793[/tweet]

Remember me...anyone?

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I am thinking he has run out of doors that are open as a QB, to stay in the league this is his only option, now someone is going to need to see if he is honest and willing to learn to run routes and catch consistently, he is not practice squad eligible so it's a roster spot.

netskier

Reaction score
Do I recall correctly that he is six five or did six, ran a 4.33 forty, and started on a highschool basketball team that won the state title in Pennsylvania? Reminds me of a slightly shorter, but significantly quicker, Jimmy Graham. He is even quicker than Lockett.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Remember when he refused to try out at WR because, and I quote, "I can't catch"? Did he now learn to catch?

netskier

Reaction score
I do, and I thought then that he was lying then, as a stupid negotiating tactic in order to resist being pressured to play receiver. State champion basketball players can catch basketballs, and probably have the talent to learn to catch footballs if motivated to play in the NFL. I sure would try.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1bx98goj said:
Remember when he refused to try out at WR because, and I quote, "I can't catch"? Did he now learn to catch?

It has to be possible...Kaepernick learned how to throw this offseason.

netskier

Reaction score
Plus, he is an extraordinary runner, who holds the NFL record for the longest running play for quarterbacks. He did some of these in last year's training camp, so our coaches know him well.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
rideaducati":36j3kgn5 said:
Scottemojo":36j3kgn5 said:

It has to be possible...Kaepernick learned how to throw this offseason.

This remains to be seen. Still, nice form.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":54cfhemc said:
Probably not, but the reality of getting an actual job is probably a huge motivator in learning how to really fast. ;)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":8tmat9v5 said:
Scottemojo":8tmat9v5 said:
Probably not, but the reality of getting an actual job is probably a huge motivator in learning how to really fast. ;)
Tats aren't free.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":171pjbt7 said:
MizzouHawkGal":171pjbt7 said:
Scottemojo":171pjbt7 said:
Tats aren't free.
Now, that's just mean man. It's so true, but damn.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1aknium9 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1aknium9 said:
Scottemojo":1aknium9 said:
Tats aren't free.

They are when you play for Ohio St.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":tjhw1cl1 said:
Too little, too late.

Hate that we burned a draft pick on him and wasted off-season reps.

It's a paltry price to pay for the chance to get a hit on a QB.

Honestly, if he'd have worked out -- it would have been a huge win. As it was, the cost was very minimal. Oakland picked up Jonathan Dowling with that pick. There were basically no quality players drafted at that point and beyond. The return value on that pick was basically a camp body anyway.

Now, I'm sure Seattle wouldn't have picked any of the players taken in the 10 picks at our 7th and later. So maybe they could have gotten more. But then again, we picked up Kiero Small 20 picks before. So then again maybe not.

Pryor, as a pull on the prospect slot machine goes, was pretty much equal to just taking someone. With an admittedly higher upside if he worked out.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Terrelle Pryor is now a Cleveland Brown according to bleacherreport.com...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2501 ... d-reaction

Terrelle Pryor wasn't able to make it work as a quarterback in the NFL. But that won't stop him from pursuing his dream to continue playing in the league, as the Cleveland Browns claimed him off waivers Monday to play wide receiver.

The Browns confirmed the move, noting they waived defensive back Landon Feichter to make room on the roster. Pro Football Talk on Twitter first had the report, and Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports verified that the Browns view him as a wideout, not a quarterback.

rideaducati

Reaction score
lsheldon":3l8p1khd said:
Terrelle Pryor is now a Cleveland Brown according to bleacherreport.com...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2501 ... d-reaction

Terrelle Pryor wasn't able to make it work as a quarterback in the NFL. But that won't stop him from pursuing his dream to continue playing in the league, as the Cleveland Browns claimed him off waivers Monday to play wide receiver.

The Browns confirmed the move, noting they waived defensive back Landon Feichter to make room on the roster. Pro Football Talk on Twitter first had the report, and Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports verified that the Browns view him as a wideout, not a quarterback.

Funny... Now they have a WR that is better than their QBs. Typical Browns...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Apparently Ohio State has a moratorium on him being in their campus. But that will be waived for the practice scrimmage that they are playing there. Saw it on ESPN while I was eating lunch.