Green Bays Andrew Quarless arrested, discharged gun in publc

lsheldon

Reaction score
What NFL policy does this fall under and how much time will he get by the commish?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2514 ... s-reaction

Green Bay Packers tight end Andrew Quarless was arrested in South Beach early Saturday morning after firing a gun into the ground twice following an altercation.

Tim Elfrink of the Miami New Times reports the Independence Day incident occurred around 5:30 a.m. The arrest, which came after Quarless allegedly attempted to flee the scene, was confirmed by Miami Beach PD spokesman Ernesto Rodriguez.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":i19qi35u said:
rideaducati":i19qi35u said:
Damn, a built in excuse for their week two loss.
I'll bet he has conveniently only gets a game. 8)

I get why you are saying it and that it is a joke but less than 8 and I am shocked

OP
OP
lsheldon

lsheldon

Reaction score
An update on the circumstances of this from yardbarker:

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... d_19097581

Quarless and another man were involved in an incident after approaching a car with several women inside. An argument followed with a witness hearing voices from inside the car telling the two men to get away. Quarless then allegedly pulled out a handgun, as detailed by the Miami New Times.

That’s when Quarless took out a semi-automatic handgun — ID’d by police as a .45 caliber weapon — and fired two shots, one straight up into the sky. Why? When police later interviewed a woman in Quarless’ car, she said he’d fired “in an attempt to emphasize his dominance and manhood.”

Quarless fled the scene and tried to evade police. Needless to say, his efforts were not successful. According to police, Quarless was found outside of a restaurant “attempting to conceal himself and a black firearm in a nearby plant.” The 26-year-old was arrested and charged with discharging a firearm in public.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I bet he plays Week 2 . . . Green Bay has surprisingly little depth at TE. They're stocked everywhere else on offense.

Quarless played about 59% of their snaps last season.

mikeak

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2w4s1sap said:
I bet he plays Week 2 . . . Green Bay has surprisingly little depth at TE. They're stocked everywhere else on offense.

What's the bet? I will take it

No way he plays. This doesn't even need anything else - he was arrested with the handgun. 8 games is my guess maybe season. If it was unlicensed / illegal then even more.

Fired it in public intentionally - that is BAD. No way he plays week 1 or 2 for that matter

hawknation2015

Reaction score
mikeak":2kn2xn78 said:
hawknation2015":2kn2xn78 said:

What's the bet? I will take it

No way he plays. This doesn't even need anything else - he was arrested with the handgun. 8 games is my guess maybe season. If it was unlicensed / illegal then even more.

Fired it in public intentionally - that is BAD. No way he plays week 1 or 2 for that matter

We'll see. I think he will contest it, and the NFL rarely suspends a player before an actual conviction. When Plaxico Burress was released by the Gaints before his conviction, that was a calculated decision that weighed the terms of his contract, his previous suspensions that season, and the extent of his shooting injury with just four games left in the season.

peppersjap

Reaction score
They are suspending guys for a year over Marijuana, they better give at least that!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if anything happens this season. Teams won't usually even a dress it until at least charges are pressed and even then most wait for an outcome. Culliver was arrested about this time last year for felony hit and run and assaulted a witness with brass knuckles that the police recovered from his car. He played the entire year and has now left in FA with all of it still pending including trial or a plea.

Unless the organization wants to make an example, I can't see this affecting this year.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm with mikeak on this one. He discharged a gun. After Hernandez, they won't dick around with this violation.

Green Bay should cut this guy. A few more beers and he might have fired it in to the car. And what kind of P.O.S. that is huge, plays NFL Football, is in prime shape, needs a gun to assert his manhood?

I hope that in the next CBA they put in any player caught in public with a firearm gets an automatic, and instantaneous year suspension. No waiting for a trial, no appeals, no nothing. A gun in public? Gone. Year minimum.