Cowboys better than the Seahawks?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":ps8vwfge said:
Poorly written, biased piece of garbage. Still, it's fun reading the comment section.
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2015...he-cowboys-sherman-russell-wilson-garrett-NFC
*allas fans are one of the most delusional of all of sports. They think the Cryboys will win the Super Bowl every year.
They talk about 20 - 40 year old Lombardi trophies like they were just won yesterday, even though the players that won them have long since retired. They see Michael "crack head" Irvin picking them on the NFL network to win it all every year and the dumb rubes believe it as the gospel.

I work with an idiot *allas fan, so I see the idiocy on a daily basis.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Cowboys had two things going for them last year: they were very strong upfront on both sides of the ball, and they had a balanced offensive attack.

Their defense looks very average to me. For one, I don't see anyone on that roster who is capable of replacing Henry Melton upfront. Also, their defense was already pretty average. They lost 33-10 to the Mark Sanchez-led Eagles. The only reason the Seahawks lost to them was because Bevell went off his rocker and forgot to Feed the Beast -- 10 carries for Marshawn Lynch in an entire game is not getting it done as a play caller, and Carroll said as much after that game.

No one they have at RB is on the level of DeMarco Murray, which means their offensive attack will return to being pretty much one dimensional, which means more defenders pinning their ears back to tee off on Romo. I wouldn't be so comfortable if I were a Cowboys fan.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
He's basing most of everything he's talking about over a week 6 matchup from last year...a game where Lynch barely played (who knows why), Kam went out, Bobby went out, Maxwell I don't think even played, Burley was our leading tackler and don't even get me started on the whole Harvin debacle that led to his exodus. And then he magically wants to take away 17 points from the Hawks.

Not making excuses but really, a week 6 matchup from last year? I love dumb fans

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1o31qxjh said:
Cowboys had two things going for them last year: they were very strong upfront on both sides of the ball, and they had a balanced offensive attack.

Their defense looks very average to me. For one, I don't see anyone on that roster who is capable of replacing Henry Melton upfront. Also, their defense was already pretty average. They lost 33-10 to the Mark Sanchez-led Eagles. The only reason the Seahawks lost to them was because Bevell went off his rocker and forgot to Feed the Beast -- 10 carries for Marshawn Lynch in an entire game is not getting it done as a play caller, and Carroll said as much after that game.

No one they have at RB is on the level of DeMarco Murray, which means their offensive attack will return to being pretty much one dimensional, which means more defenders pinning their ears back to tee off on Romo. I wouldn't be so comfortable if I were a Cowboys fan.
They also had a favorable schedule last year and their defense is not good and the flaws on that side of the ball were covered up by their offense. Yep, the week 6 matchup was one of Bevell's "crapped the bed games" where he forgot he had Lynch who would have feasted on that mediocre at best defense. If DB was even an average OC, Seattle wins that game.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":2gwzcsid said:
Why get worked up over a blog post?

Agreed.

I'd add, that being at that game -- I thought Dallas thumped us really good. We were lucky to not lose by 14. They outplayed us at our own game in our own house. Wilson had a horrible game. It wasn't that close.

It's a long season. And while 'boys fans can console themselves with that win -- you have to be consistent with your effort. Going 4-4 at home is just plain awful. Until they treat all games like games against us, they aren't getting homefield advantage. And then they can continue to write these 'almost glory' offseason posts where they woulda been champs if they didn't have to play rigged games on the road in the playoffs.

Dallas is a tough opponent. If they get their act together they can beat us. It remains to be seen if they can get their act together for everyone else.

Seems predestined that the one and two seeds are going to be split between Seattle, GB and Dallas. Whoever comes out third in that race is going to have tough sledding as they'll very likely have to beat the other two on the road to make it to the SB.

Us going to GB and to Dallas makes it very tough for us.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Dallas has a much better Offense than the hawks do, if Marinelli gets another above average effort out of that defense look out. They should have beat the Packers.

Maulbert

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1z05csry said:
Dallas has a much better Offense than the hawks do, if Marinelli gets another above average effort out of that defense look out. They should have beat the Packers.

They have no answer for the loss of Murray, and Romo will be throwing too much as a result, just as he did the last few years when they didn't have a run game or Murray was hurt. Color me skeptical. Romo's great season last year was the direct result of Murray staying healthy for once, which took the pressure off of Romo to force bad throws.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Maulbert":2po45piw said:
TheRealDTM":2po45piw said:

They have no answer for the loss of Murray, and Romo will be throwing too much as a result, just as he did the last few years when they didn't have a run game or Murray was hurt. Color me skeptical. Romo's great season last year was the direct result of Murray staying healthy for once, which took the pressure off of Romo to force bad throws.
Completely agree Maulbert

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1mu3687h said:
They should have lost at home vs Detroit if the zebras didn't botch that game.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Basis4day":2cx970uf said:
Why get worked up over a blog post?

Particularly a "poorly written, biased piece of garbage" blog post.

A Homer Homered: News at 11.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Yeah...my best friend in the world is a Cowboys fan and they really just gloss over the loss of Murray.

That line tho...wow. Then you add Collins? Jeez.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1gwq9iry said:
Yeah...my best friend in the world is a Cowboys fan and they really just gloss over the loss of Murray.

My condolences on your best friend being a Cowboys fan. I bet if you asked him last season about Murray his song would have been different, like "best RB in the league".

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3fxx44ku said:
Marvin49":3fxx44ku said:

My condolences on your best friend being a Cowboys fan. I bet if you asked him last season about Murray his song would have been different, like "best RB in the league".

Nah, he's pretty level headed. This is a guy who owns Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett jerseys but when you ask him who the best RB of all time was will answer Walter Payton in a heartbeat.

He just thinks ALOT of that line. I think that's why a number of Cowboy fans downplay his loss. The one thing he did say tho is that what Muray was really good at was always getting SOMETHING out of a run. Even if its only 1 or 2 yards, he'd always fall forward.

Not gonna get that with McFadden.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":zleyphqi said:
TheRealDTM":zleyphqi said:
They should have lost at home vs Detroit if the zebras didn't botch that game.

This is also true but unrelated to the packers game.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":iezxk0ov said:
Sports Hernia":iezxk0ov said:
Marvin49":iezxk0ov said:

Nah, he's pretty level headed. This is a guy who owns Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett jerseys but when you ask him who the best RB of all time was will answer Walter Payton in a heartbeat.

He just thinks ALOT of that line. I think that's why a number of Cowboy fans downplay his loss. The one thing he did say tho is that what Muray was really good at was always getting SOMETHING out of a run. Even if its only 1 or 2 yards, he'd always fall forward.

Not gonna get that with McFadden.

Funny. My best friend is a 49ers fan. He'd never been able to go to a football game, so I got us some tickets to the Hawks-Niners game in 2012 at the Clink. Didn't work out so well for him, but he enjoyed himself.

He and I watch the NFCCG together. I was not gracious. :D

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle has never beaten Romo in Dallas or even come close to it. And the Cowboys completely controlled the game in Seattle last year.

I think a lot of Cowboy fans are deluded when they think they won't miss Murray. But they have a right to think they can beat Seattle in Dallas, at least for a few months.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":jnq8wejm said:
Seattle has never beaten Romo in Dallas or even come close to it. And the Cowboys completely controlled the game in Seattle last year.

I think a lot of Cowboy fans are deluded when they think they won't miss Murray. But they have a right to think they can beat Seattle in Dallas, at least for a few months.

Seahawks haven't played at Dallas since 2011, which was our last 10-point loss.