PFF: Highest Forced Missed Tackle %...

kidhawk

Reaction score
Odd....I don't see the number 4 ranked player in the NFL on those charts. Hmmmmmm I wonder why that is?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":2a5lskf8 said:
Found this kinda interesting.

Obviously incredibly small sample size on Hyde and the stat isn't the end-all, but interesting nonetheless.

THIS JUST IN: Marshawn Lynch is a monster. :D

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... d-tackles/

Good on Hyde, definitely curious to see how he does now as the primary back and a new system. If nothing eles the 9ers will be interesting to watch this year.

Ohh this was also in there if you read down a bit.

— After an impressive rookie campaign in which Andre Ellington ranked fifth in Elusive Rating, his sophomore year was disappointing as he struggled through injuries. He had 82 more carries in 2014 compared to 2013, but eight fewer missed tackles forced.

— Similarly, Doug Martin’s Attempts per Missed Tackle is down from his 2012 rookie year of 6.0, and has forced just 19 missed tackles over the last two seasons.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2t4dog31 said:
Marvin49":2t4dog31 said:
Found this kinda interesting.

Obviously incredibly small sample size on Hyde and the stat isn't the end-all, but interesting nonetheless.

THIS JUST IN: Marshawn Lynch is a monster. :D

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... d-tackles/

Good on Hyde, definitely curious to see how he does now as the primary back and a new system. If nothing eles the 9ers will be interesting to watch this year.

Ohh this was also in there if you read down a bit.

— After an impressive rookie campaign in which Andre Ellington ranked fifth in Elusive Rating, his sophomore year was disappointing as he struggled through injuries. He had 82 more carries in 2014 compared to 2013, but eight fewer missed tackles forced.

— Similarly, Doug Martin’s Attempts per Missed Tackle is down from his 2012 rookie year of 6.0, and has forced just 19 missed tackles over the last two seasons.

That's pretty much where I am.

I'm excited to see how the new players play this year...Hyde in particular. There are a number of them that I've been wanting to see get a shot and now they will.

Hyde, Carradine, Lynch, Torrey Smith, Bowman coming back, a few of the 2nd year corners, Armstead (and essentially the entire rookie class), and many others.

I don't have expectations that the Niners will be a contender, but I also don't have expectations that they won't be.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Pretty funny how Lynch's numbers just tour above anyone else on that list.

Hyde and Robinson are working off a very small sample size, where a couple plays can skew their overall numbers. Andre Ellington went from fifth best with limited carries to 2nd worst as his carries increased.

PFF had another article from a couple days ago that showed Hyde leading the league in being hit in the backfield, presumably due to his lack of speed and explosiveness. If you are getting hit in the backfield more than anyone else (29% of the time), it makes sense that he would have the maximum number of opportunities to break tackles on limited carries. Let's see what happens to those numbers as his carries increase.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... backfield/

FlawedHastyGreatargus.gif

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Hey, look at that #29 missile flying in from the secondary. I bet Hyde wishes he could take off like that.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3qapp7tm said:
Hey, look at that #29 missile flying in from the secondary. I bet Hyde wishes he could take off like that.

Absolutely. Iupati and Staley cleared out a massive hole for Hyde on this play, and he simply did not have the speed to take advantage of the opportunity.

Reggie Bush could prove to be a good pickup for the Niners if he stays healthy. I would not be surprised to see him starting ahead of Hyde.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3u9d1buy said:
Pretty funny how Lynch's numbers just tour above anyone else on that list.

Hyde and Robinson are working off a very small sample size, where a couple plays can skew their overall numbers. Andre Ellington went from fifth best with limited carries to 2nd worst as his carries increased.

PFF had another article from a couple days ago that showed Hyde leading the league in being hit in the backfield, presumably due to his lack of speed and explosiveness. If you are getting hit in the backfield more than anyone else (29% of the time), it makes sense that he would have the maximum number of opportunities to break tackles on limited carries. Let's see what happens to those numbers as his carries increase.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... backfield/

FlawedHastyGreatargus.gif

Seriously? Dude.

Um, no. Speed and acceleration are NOT issues for Carlos Hyde...and the video you are providing is Frank Gore. Come on now. :D

If Hyde can be criticized for something it's patience and vision, but the dude is quick as hell (especially for his size) and looks like the energizer bunny sometimes.

Carlos-Hyde-Run-02.0.gif

Yeah...no acceleration there.

ZK8J9wU

There either.

2014 11 0910 28 51

Dude just can't avoid a hit I tell ya.

Nc95LI8

Just too slow to find the hole.

HarmoniousWeepyAiredale.gif

This one was mostly scheme, but its still one of my favs. :)

Seriously. Its all good to bash the Niners, but at least know what you're talking about and post a gif of the right freakin' guy.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":oi8s5k5l said:
Seriously? Dude.

Um, no. Speed and acceleration are NOT issues for Carlos Hyde...and the video you are providing is Frank Gore. Come on now. :D

If Hyde can be criticized for something it's patience and vision, but the dude is quick as hell (especially for his size) and looks like the energizer bunny sometimes.

My mistake on the video, but speed and explosiveness are absolutely issues for Hyde. You are in DENIAL if you think those are not issues for a RB who runs a 4.66 40 -- much slower than the league average for a RB.

His 10-yard split was also a terrible 1.69 seconds. Can you name an elite RB in today's game who is slower than Carlos Hyde? His agility times were apparently so slow that he did not even bother test in them at the combine or his pro day.

Due to his lack of speed and explosiveness, getting caught in the backfield will probably always be an issue for Hyde.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3pltwdhc said:
Marvin49":3pltwdhc said:
Seriously? Dude.

My mistake on the video, but speed and explosiveness are absolutely issues for Hyde. You are in DENIAL if you think those are not issues for a RB who runs a 4.66 40 -- much slower than the league average for a RB.

His 10-yard split was also a terrible 1.69 seconds. Can you name an elite RB in today's game who is slower than Carlos Hyde? His agility times were apparently so slow that he did not even bother test in them at the combine or his pro day.

Due to his lack of speed and explosiveness, getting caught in the backfield will probably always be an issue for Hyde.

Dude...he ran 4.66 at the combine when he PULLED HIS HAMSTRING DURING HIS ATTEMPT AND PULLED OUT OF FURTHER DRILLS. The fact that you even confuse the issue further with your "His agility times were apparently so slow that he did not even bother test in them at the combine" just shows how little you know and that all you are doing is throwing shade at a player you have no clue about. He didn't finish because he was hurt during that 40 run. He didn't run at his pro day because he didn't want to aggravate the injury.

Hyde ain't perfect. As a rookie, his issues were exactly the opposite of what you propose. He wasn't patient and didn't wait for holes to open and too often ran right into the backs of his linemen. My concerns with him have ZERO to do with speed or quickness (particularly for a 230 lb back) and everything to do with slowing down in his head and waiting for holes to open up in front of him.

Man...funny that you are critical of him but clearly barely watched him and arrived at the exact opposite the issue.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":xktcwe2r said:
hawknation2015":xktcwe2r said:
Marvin49":xktcwe2r said:
Seriously? Dude.

Dude...he ran 4.66 at the combine when he PULLED HIS HAMSTRING DURING HIS ATTEMPT AND PULLED OUT OF FURTHER DRILLS. The fact that you even confuse the issue further with your "His agility times were apparently so slow that he did not even bother test in them at the combine" just shows how little you know and that all you are doing is throwing shade at a player you have no clue about. He didn't finish because he was hurt. He didn't run at his pro day because he didn't want to aggravate the injury.

The "pulled a hammy" is always a good excuse for slow players, like Hyde, who are incapable of putting up good times . . . at the combine or at his pro day a month later.

Other than his demonstrated lack of speed, what is your excuse for Hyde having been hit in the backfield at a higher rate than any other back in the league?

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":8kokf5xt said:
Marvin49":8kokf5xt said:
hawknation2015":8kokf5xt said:
Marvin49":8kokf5xt said:
Seriously? Dude.

Dude...he ran 4.66 at the combine when he PULLED HIS HAMSTRING DURING HIS ATTEMPT AND PULLED OUT OF FURTHER DRILLS. The fact that you even confuse the issue further with your "His agility times were apparently so slow that he did not even bother test in them at the combine" just shows how little you know and that all you are doing is throwing shade at a player you have no clue about. He didn't finish because he was hurt. He didn't run at his pro day because he didn't want to aggravate the injury.

The "pulled a hammy" is always a good excuse for slow players, like Hyde, who are incapable of putting up good times . . . at the combine or at his pro day a month later.

Other than his demonstrated lack of speed, what is your excuse for Hyde having been hit in the backfield at a higher rate than any other back in the league?

Sigh.

Really? "Demonstrated lack of speed"? "Pulled a Hammy" in quotes? Its on the video dude. He only ran the 40 once. He didn't take his second run BECAUSE HE WAS HURT.

Yer hopeless man. I'm not even gonna bother. Go ahead and think he's too slow and lumbering to avoid defenders in the backfield. Just tells me how much weight to give your opinion in the future...which was little to begin with.

He was taken in the 2nd round for a reason.

...but to answer your question, he very often was frenetic in the backfield and didn't was ahead of the blocking scheme. Put differently, his timing was off because he was almost hyper back there. He wasn't patient enough to let anything develop and didn't have Franks vision (few do).

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":3s40q8kp said:
Sigh.

Really? "Demonstrated lack of speed"? "Pulled a Hammy" in quotes? Its on the video dude. He only ran the 40 once. He didn't take his second run BECAUSE HE WAS HURT.

Yer hopeless man. I'm not even gonna bother. Go ahead and think he's too slow and lumbering to avoid defenders in the backfield. Just tells me how much weight to give your opinion in the future...which was little to begin with.

Just a friendly reminder, Marvin, that we do have a policy on this board to attack the post, not the poster.

Hyde was not known to be very fast even before his feigned "hammy" 40 attempt. Read pretty much any evaluation of him before the combine.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1963 ... raft-hopes

I was also not the only person who thought Hyde was exaggerating an injury as an excuse for his slow times:
[youtube]YmkqjWw15lw[/youtube]

Looked to me like a slow run then a grab at the hammy at the end to “justify” what was just a slow run.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... t-combine/

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2ayr0nkh said:
Marvin49":2ayr0nkh said:
Sigh.

Just a friendly reminder, Marvin, that we do have a policy on this board to attack the post, not the poster.

Hyde was not known to be very fast even before his feigned "hammy" 40 attempt. Read pretty much any evaluation of him before the combine.

I was also not the only person who thought Hyde was exaggerating an injury as an excuse for his slow times:

Looked to me like a slow run then a grab at the hammy at the end to “justify” what was just a slow run.

As I said before. Believe what you want. None of what you are talking about showed on the field last year. It was quite the opposite.

BTW, "Lacks elite breakaway speed" doesn't mean he's slow. It means he isn't Jamaal Charles. As I said tho. Go ahead and think that. just makes you're argument foolish.

...and of COURSE that's what it looks like to you. That's what you WANT it to look like. LOL. Get outta here. :D Didn't even address the fact that he didn't even attempt his second run or the agility drills when he had money on the line. I guess its just another grand conspiracy that the Niners bought into and they are just playing the fool as they so often do on Seahawks.net.

You crack me up. :D Don't ever change.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":2828amn2 said:
hawknation2015":2828amn2 said:
Marvin49":2828amn2 said:
Sigh.

As I said before. Believe what you want. None of what you are talking about showed on the field last year. It was quite the opposite.

BTW, "Lacks elite breakaway speed" doesn't mean he's slow. It means he isn't Jamaal Charles. As I said tho. Go ahead and think that. just makes you're argument foolish.

...and of COURSE that's what it looks like to you. That's what you WANT it to look like. LOL. Get outta here. :D Didn't even address the fact that he didn't even attempt his second run or the agility drills when he had money on the line. I guess its just another grand conspiracy that the Niners baught into and they are just playing the fool as they so often do on Seahawks.net.

Actually, nothing you have said has addressed why Hyde was hit in the backfield at a higher rate than any other back in the league. But go ahead and believe what you want to believe . . . Hyde is the 2nd coming, plenty fast, and better than Frank Gore and Marshawn Lynch combined. :179417:

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":zs00cimq said:
Marvin49":zs00cimq said:
hawknation2015":zs00cimq said:
Marvin49":zs00cimq said:
Sigh.

...and of COURSE that's what it looks like to you. That's what you WANT it to look like. LOL. Get outta here. :D Didn't even address the fact that he didn't even attempt his second run or the agility drills when he had money on the line. I guess its just another grand conspiracy that the Niners baught into and they are just playing the fool as they so often do on Seahawks.net.

Actually, nothing you have said has addressed why Hyde was hit in the backfield at a higher rate than any other back in the league. But go ahead and believe what you want to believe . . . Hyde is the 2nd coming, plenty fast, and better than Frank Gore and Marshawn Lynch combined. :179417:

Actually I gave you the reason. Lack of patience and vision and ran into teammates and defenders before the play would develop. Not to mention serious injury, holdout, and scheme issues in the run game last year. Gores ability to make a positive play last year was a testament to that vision in particular...but even he had 300+ of his 1100 yards game in the last two games when the line got healthier. Gore only had 3 100 yard games all year and two of them were the last two...and Hyde got hurt in Seattle so didn't play in those games.

Meanwhile...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... arlos-hyde

"The 6-foot, 235-pound back displayed power and quick one-cut ability as a rookie. According to Pro Football Focus, Hyde forced 25 missed tackles on his 83 carries (30.1 percent), a rate that puts him just below the likes of Marshawn Lynch (31.4).

The 49ers' new offense plans to add more stretch zone concepts into the rushing attack this season. Those sprinkles will be a boon for Hyde, who performed well in that type of scheme in college. After dropping weight this offseason, he should be able to hit those wide runs more cleanly."

hrmm...I thought he was so slow he was getting hit in the backfield....

"In his 83 carries, Hyde showed flashes of brilliance when given a lane. He displayed occasions of shiftiness on the second level and a plant-and-go ability that allows him to make defenders miss at close range -- see his juke of Bobby Wagner in the video below. For a bigger back, Hyde was able to get to the edge with some frequency, which should improve with more outside-zone runs and a lighter frame."

Still nothing about being too slow....

"Finally, we need to see improvement in Hyde's vision, patience and understanding of the offense. Too often his tape on NFL Game Rewind showed a tendency to pick the wrong hole or not see a wide-open cutting lane. He must display improved patience and let holes develop in his second year. Balancing decisiveness and patience is tough for rookies; we expect Hyde to improve in those areas in Year 2."

That sounds somewhat familiar. Where have I read that before...can't quite place it...

"With Bush and Hunter on the roster, it might take a few weeks to sort out, but Hyde should eventually take over as the primary back. His combination of size and speed is the best bet for the 49ers to get consistent production from their backfield."

Wait...SPEED and power? Can't be!! No way!! hawknation2015 on Seahawks .net said he didn't have any. Confusing. :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EV9Z_5kG40

I ain't tryin ta say that he's Barry Sanders or something because he's 230 lbs man. LOL. FOR THAT SIZE, he's VERY fast and HARDLY the lumbering player who gets caught in the backfield the way you let on.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":31q5wbxv said:
When slow Carlos Hyde crashes and burns, I'm going to enjoy rubbing this in your face, Marvin.

Pride goeth before the fall.

:snack:

Weak response. I expected better. Guy pretty much blasted your entire argument and you fold.

What happens when I'm right? You'll never say another word on the topic or maintain against all evidence that he was "lucky". Classic.

I don't know if he'll be a premiere back or not, but his biggest issues right now don't have anything to do with acceleration or explosion...especially considering the type of back he is. My concerns are more that I don't know if you can learn vision. My instincts say no. My hope is that increased patience and a scheme change will help with that.

To put it into perspective, he came into the league at 235 and was over 240 at times in Columbus. Marshawn was 215.

I'm not maintaining that Carlos will be Marshawn as Marsawn as I've loved the guy since his days at Cal. Just sayin quoting criticisms of the players based on college film is kinda ludicrous. I guess Sherman is too slow and WIlson is too short then too, right?

Watch Hyde in SF. Don't read the college stuff as that isn't who he is anymore. He's the guy in the highlights I posted and lack of speed isn't the issue. At all.

...and BTW....since when does lack of speed get you caught in the backfield in the first place? Frank Gore has been one of if not THE slowest back in the NFL for SEVERAL years and it hasn't hurt him too much. If Hyde were regularly being chased down from behind then you might have something...but I think you are adding 2 and 2 and getting 43.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":3ami29qh said:
hawknation2015":3ami29qh said:
When slow Carlos Hyde crashes and burns, I'm going to enjoy rubbing this in your face, Marvin.

Weak response. I expected better. Guy pretty much blasted your entire argument and you fold.

What happens when I'm right? You'll never say another word on the topic or maintain against all evidence that he was "lucky". Classic.

I don't know if he'll be a premiere back or not, but his biggest issues right now don't have anything to do with acceleration or explosion...especially considering the type of back he is. My concerns are more that I don't know if you can learn vision. My instincts say no. My hope is that increased patience and a scheme change will help with that.

To put it into perspective, he came into the league at 235 and was over 240 at times in Columbus. Marshawn was 215.

I'm not maintaining that Carlos will be Marshawn as Marsawn as I've loved the guy since his days at Cal. Just sayin quoting criticisms of the players based on college film is kinda ludicrous. I guess Sherman is too slow and WIlson is too short then too, right?

Watch Hyde in SF. Don't read the college stuff as that isn't who he is anymore. He's the guy in the highlights I posted and lack of speed isn't the issue. At all.

And why does Hyde continue to drop weight, Marv? Perhaps it is to improve the lack of speed everyone has acknowledged is an issue for Hyde, except of course, you.

Gore's 4.55 40 -- which is the average for an NFL back -- makes him look like a speedster in comparison to Hyde's 4.66. Hyde is even slower than LenDale White.

:th2thumbs:

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3hqzfkhs said:
Marvin49":3hqzfkhs said:
hawknation2015":3hqzfkhs said:

And why does Hyde continue to drop weight, Marv? Perhaps it is to improve the lack of speed everyone has acknowledged is an issue for Hyde, except of course, you.

Gore's 4.55 40 -- which is the average for an NFL back -- makes him look like a speedster in comparison to Hyde's 4.66. Hyde is even slower than LenDale White.

:th2thumbs:

You need to get these 40 times out of your head man. They are really making you look foolish.

Gore ran 4.55 in 2005. That's TEN years ago. If you REALLY think Gore still runs 4.55, yer loony.

He is dropping weight to increase explosiveness and speed....but so did Jerry Rice mid-career. Was he slow? Was he not explosive? No...he's trying to be better.

If Wilson works on his progressions, does that mean he's bad? If Sherman works on his hands, does that mean they suck? If Lynch works on his speed, does that mean he's slow?

Dude. Yer reaching in a big way in a poor attempt to be "right". Yer not. Deal with it. I mean seriously dude, you posted a vid of Frank Gore to make your point and haven't commented once on any of the counter vids I've posted. I mean seriously, the fact that you didn't instantly recognize Gores running style in the vid compared to Hyde tells me you've watched precious little of them.

All you are giving me are 40 times and conspiracy theories about a "fake" hamstring pull on the most important day of his professional career at that point.