Sad News Ken "The Snake" Stabler passes away.

Exittium

Reaction score
RIP Snake! I remember my uncle talkin about him and the Spokane Shockers, who the Shock are named after.. and apparently suck as bad.

chris98251

Reaction score
Great player, should be in the Hall, his flippant attitude is what is holding him out.

Rest in Peace Snake, I had many enjoyable Sundays and Monday Nights watching you and the Raiders do it your way.

Maulbert

Reaction score
chris98251":15zf6mkt said:
Great player, should be in the Hall, his flippant attitude is what is holding him out.

Rest in Peace Snake, I had many enjoyable Sundays and Monday Nights watching you and the Raider do it your way.

I know he was a good player, but... HOF? He threw 28 more picks than TDs in his career, and only appeared in 1 Super Bowl despite a seemingly annual appearance in the AFCCG. Plus one of only 4 QBs to have a post-merger 30 pick season. While he was very good, I'm hard pressed to say he was great.

chris98251

Reaction score
He played in the era of the Steeler great teams, the Raiders were a regular team for more than a decade to go to the AFC Championship along with the Raiders, yes they were second best many years. Also Davis loved the deep ball Stabler was very accurate underneath especially to his TE's but Davis wanted to stretch the field, more picks. If you look at the receivers on the Raiders they were one big Stickum player. That era did not protect the receivers, the QB or anyone else, of course they would have more turnovers.

He won, he was a all pro like 4 times when it meant something, he won a super bowl, he was a league MVP also if memory serves.

He was a Russell Wilson type QB as far as finding a way to win and leadership, he also did it with his knees shot for many years because the league didn't protect QB's.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Exittium":gb1aq0tr said:
RIP Snake! I remember my uncle talkin about him and the Spokane Shockers, who the Shock are named after.. and apparently suck as bad.
Yep he indeed played for the semi-pro Shockers in the early 70s IIRC, I saw a game he played in.

Madden has said if he needed a game winning drive that Snake would be his QB of choice for that drive.

RIP Snake