Top red-zone running backs

hawknation2015

Reaction score
1) Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks

Lynch's spot at the top of the list could've been etched in stone if the 'Hawks had just put the ball in their top playmaker's hands at the end of Super Bowl XLIX. Lynch is relentless near the goal line, exhibiting exceptional strength, power, balance and body control in tight quarters. He has logged at least 12 touchdowns in each of the past four seasons, including a career-best 17 in 2014. That steady scoring output coincides with four straight seasons of 1,200-plus rushing yards. Considering Lynch's proven receiving skills and playmaking ability in the passing game (four receiving touchdowns last fall), there's no disputing his place at the top of the list.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ning-backs

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Good article. If it weren't for Lynch, the Seahawks would be one of the worst, if not the worst, redzone teams in the NFL. Even with him producing they are still average at best in the redzone. It's one sore point that frustrates me to no end regarding the Bevell offense. They are putrid in the redzone. That's been pretty consistent throughout Bevell's tenure with the Seahawks. That's why going away from Lynch at the end of SB49 is more puzzling, he was the one guy that was consistently putting it in the endzone.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3a9q81xe said:
Good article. If it weren't for Lynch, the Seahawks would be one of the worst, if not the worst, redzone teams in the NFL. Even with him producing they are still average at best in the redzone. It's one sore point that frustrates me to no end regarding the Bevell offense. They are putrid in the redzone. That's been pretty consistent throughout Bevell's tenure with the Seahawks. That's why going away from Lynch at the end of SB49 is more puzzling, he was the one guy that was consistently putting it in the endzone.

With lynch and Wilsons running its amazing we have been average at best in the redzone...hopefully Jimmy will really help us put more 7s on the board instead of settling for 3

rideaducati

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":37r862bz said:
hawkfan68":37r862bz said:

With lynch and Wilsons running its amazing we have been average at best in the redzone...hopefully Jimmy will really help us put more 7s on the board instead of settling for 3

I think the false starts and holding penalties are more to blame than the play calling in the red zone.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
rideaducati":14y0pdge said:
WilsonMVP":14y0pdge said:
hawkfan68":14y0pdge said:

I think the false starts and holding penalties are more to blame than the play calling in the red zone.

Can't agree with that, as I can only recall a couple penalties in the red zone, while the play calling was pretty horrendous all year. If wish there was a statistic for red zone penalties so we could know for sure. Another issue was the lack of a tall receiver, who could reliably catch the ball, so at least one major red zone problem has already been resolved.