Colin Cowherd Leaving ESPN!

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan, but at least he talks sports most of the time. My other option is Dan Patrick's soap opera or iheartradioing Mitch.

rideaducati

Reaction score
He's signing on with FoxSports. Good news, he's not gone, he just switched teams.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I already gave up listening to my local ESPN affiliate during my morning drive because I can only take so much Cowherd. I've taken to streaming KIRO Seattle in the mornings on my way to work as I know it will almost always be Seahawks football (at least in season)

Osprey

Reaction score
This just in:
Colin likes to repeat himself.
30 seconds of blather...
30 seconds of blather...
30 seconds of blather...
30 seconds of blather...
30 seconds of blather...

Every freaking show goes like that. You'd have to be a mouth breathing Pats fan to listen for more than five minutes.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
He's terrible. Luckily his show starts right when I arrive at work so I don't listen to him much. Bashes Seahawks fans saying they were nowhere to be found for decades. He likes to hear himself talk and if he predicts something correctly that's all you'll hear for weeks. Also, too politically correct. He's terrible and I hate that he's from washington.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cowherd is the dirt worst. On that level with Mike Salk in suckiness.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Cowherd takes suckiness to another level. He is at the pinnacle of trash.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
This is funny. A week after Cowherd said he was moving to Fox Sports, ESPN is now saying "Colin will no longer appear on ESPN" due to comments he made two days ago about baseball being simplistic compared to football, and using the number of Dominicans in MLB as evidence that people with little education can play the sport well.

"It's baseball," Cowherd said Thursday. "You don't think a general manager can manage? Like it's impossible? The game is too complex? I've never bought into that, 'Baseball's just too complex.' Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic has not been known in my lifetime as having world-class academic abilities. A lot of those kids come from rough backgrounds and have not had opportunities academically that other kids from other countries have.

"Baseball is like any sport. It's mostly instincts. A sports writer who covers baseball could go up to Tony La Russa and have a real baseball argument, and Tony would listen and it would seem reasonable. There's not a single NFL writer in the country who could diagram a play for Bill Belichick. You know, we get caught up in this whole 'thinking-man's game.' Is it in the same family? Most people could do it. It's not being a concert pianist. It's in the same family."

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/1331 ... ic-players

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1voxpp1t said:
This is funny. A week after Cowherd said he was moving to Fox Sports, ESPN is now saying "Colin will no longer appear on ESPN" due to comments he made two days ago about baseball being simplistic compared to football, and using the number of Dominicans in MLB as evidence that people with little education can play the sport well.

"It's baseball," Cowherd said Thursday. "You don't think a general manager can manage? Like it's impossible? The game is too complex? I've never bought into that, 'Baseball's just too complex.' Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic has not been known in my lifetime as having world-class academic abilities. A lot of those kids come from rough backgrounds and have not had opportunities academically that other kids from other countries have.

"Baseball is like any sport. It's mostly instincts. A sports writer who covers baseball could go up to Tony La Russa and have a real baseball argument, and Tony would listen and it would seem reasonable. There's not a single NFL writer in the country who could diagram a play for Bill Belichick. You know, we get caught up in this whole 'thinking-man's game.' Is it in the same family? Most people could do it. It's not being a concert pianist. It's in the same family."

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/1331 ... ic-players

Sounds like a lot of people with too much time on their hands looking for SOMETHING to be offended by.

ESPN is all set through 2017 and having poor talent on the radio and TV won't hurt them before then. FOX Sports will close the gap considerably between now and then by just adding Cowherd.