ESPN Poll: Which RB would you want on your team this season?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I love Lynch, Love lynch but I think until proven otherwise the answer has to be AP. He's the best RB on the planet.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":12bkieec said:
I love Lynch, Love lynch but I think until proven otherwise the answer has to be AP. He's the best RB on the planet.

No way. Lynch was the best RB on the planet in 2013 as well. Marshawn had more total yards (1,573 vs. Peterson's 1437). And Marshawn had more TDs (14 vs. Peterson's 11).

Of course, Marshawn had way, way more broken tackles: Marshawn was #1, while Peterson was #4 in broken tackles per carry.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Yeah but Lynch had Wilson and Peterson had Ponder :stirthepot: :sarcasm_off:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Kind of hard to say because if you switched the RB's I think Peterson would thrive in our system more than Lynch would in theirs but there is something about Lynch that I don't think Peterson could bring and that is leadership in the form of toughness.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hmmm...this was harder for me than I assumed it would be, as there are upsides and downsides to all of them:

Peterson: 30 years old and had a year away from the NFL. He has a ton of wear on him too, and when RBs decline it tends to happen pretty sudden and pretty fast. Like it or not, Peterson also comes with a slight PR hit.

Lynch: 29 with a ton of wear on him too, and also has a chronic back problem. I love him to death, but he's also not that coachable, and if he's on your team you basically have to accept that you'll be giving him special treatment as the Hawks do, and just let it go when he acts like himself (flipping off his OC from the field, refusing to get on the team bus when his friend gets cut, etc.). He's also had more of his share of legal run ins, which you have to mindful of too.

Bell: You're only going to get him for 13 games due to his suspension, and he's only done it for one year, which might be an outlier year for him. That said he's the youngest of these guys and was probably the most complete RB in the NFL last year.

McCoy: A bit of injury risk, and his production from two years ago very reasonably might have just been the result of the Eagles' amazing O-Line and the first year of teams reacting to Kelly's scheme. How scheme dependent is he? How dependent on his line is he? Last year when the Eagles line was beat up he looked really average.

Murray: He's always been good, but might not even be on this list if the Cowboys hadn't have assembled the best 0-line in the NFL last year. A lot of people, Cowboys brass included, think he even left a fair number of yards on the field last year. Last year was also the first year in his career in which he finished a season, and he did so with a broken hand. There's also a concern that the Cowboys ran hin into the ground last year, knowing that they wouldn't be resigning him.

VINAL VERDICT: Lynch, but it's an Oakland homer pick, because I just love the guy. I wouldn't object to anyone picking Lynch, AP or Bell. McCoy and Murray are the next tier down, IMO.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1aeq42mp said:
VINAL VERDICT: Lynch, but it's an Oakland homer pick, because I just love the guy. I wouldn't object to anyone picking Lynch, AP or Bell. McCoy and Murray are the next tier down, IMO.

There, that wasn't so hard.
834424062.gif

Popeyejones

Reaction score
LOL at trolling even when I picked Lynch.

My love for Lynch is very well-established here.

God forbid I hadn't picked him. :lol:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawknation2015":lkftffew said:
TheRealDTM":lkftffew said:

No way. Lynch was the best RB on the planet in 2013 as well. Marshawn had more total yards (1,573 vs. Peterson's 1437). And Marshawn had more TDs (14 vs. Peterson's 11).

Of course, Marshawn had way, way more broken tackles: Marshawn was #1, while Peterson was #4 in broken tackles per carry.

I like how you use total yards because with rushing yards AP beat Lynch in 2 less games and less carries :lol:

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":305c88s5 said:
hawknation2015":305c88s5 said:
TheRealDTM":305c88s5 said:

I like how you use total yards because with rushing yards AP beat Lynch in 2 less games and less carries :lol:

Yeah, because Lynch had much more of an impact as a receiver than Peterson and way more broken tackles per carry. Both are great players, but I gave the edge to Lynch after the 2013 season for those reasons.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2nx6om56 said:
WilsonMVP":2nx6om56 said:
hawknation2015":2nx6om56 said:
TheRealDTM":2nx6om56 said:

Yeah, because Lynch had much more of an impact as a receiver than Peterson and way more broken tackles per carry. Both are great players, but I gave the edge to Lynch after the 2013 season for those reasons.

When AP had Favre he had 436 yards receiving so QB does play some part in it. Also scheme. Vikings dont really use AP in the passing game for whatever reason lately. I assume with Turner there he will see alot more chances for catching.

Regardless the fact people are sleeping on AP is hilarious to me. Dude is perhaps one of the best pure RB in the entire history of the NFL and has had shit for QB all but one year basically.

We will see what happens this year but assuming he plays all 16 games i would be SHOCKED if AP doesnt lead the league in rushing. He might be 30 but AP is not an ordinary RB and has had a whole year to workout, rest and get healthy again. Lynch is only a few carries behind AP and has had continuing back problems the last couple years. I wouldnt be suprised if we use him less this year in the regular season and then heavy load in the playoffs

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":22mfrpgt said:
hawknation2015":22mfrpgt said:

When AP had Favre he had 436 yards receiving so QB does play some part in it. Also scheme. Vikings dont really use AP in the passing game for whatever reason lately. I assume with Turner there he will see alot more chances for catching.

Regardless the fact people are sleeping on AP is hilarious to me. Dude is perhaps one of the best pure RB in the entire history of the NFL and has had shit for QB all but one year basically.

We will see what happens this year but assuming he plays all 16 games i would be SHOCKED if AP doesnt lead the league in rushing. He might be 30 but AP is not an ordinary RB and has had a whole year to workout, rest and get healthy again. Lynch is only a few carries behind AP and has had continuing back problems the last couple years. I wouldnt be suprised if we use him less this year in the regular season and then heavy load in the playoffs

He's played only one game since December 2013 . . . we have no idea how good the child abuser is now.

Lynch, on the other hand, is at the absolute top of his game. His vision has improved with age. Even when he has been hurt, he has played and performed at a high level. Peterson has never approached the 100+ broken tackles (even in 2012, when he had 348 carries) Lynch has broken in consecutive seasons in 2013 and 2014. While Peterson was sitting out games in 2013 due to a foot injury, Marshawn was going BEAST MODE en route to a Super Bowl.

kobebryant

Reaction score
One thing worth considering is that we know what Lynch is in the clutch/playoffs/big moments - one of the very best big moment runners EVER.

Peterson may have that gene in him, but it is an unknown if he does.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
hawknation2015":38ahz77u said:
Popeyejones":38ahz77u said:

There, that wasn't so hard.
834424062.gif

How was this not called for a late hit? My understanding of the rule might be bad i guess. :229031_confused2:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ That's T. Brown, currently a FA, whose game I actually thought would have matched nicely w/ the Hawks' scheme (he's 5-11, I know :) ).

He basically hits him right at the goal line. I don't think it was necessary, but I also don't think it was egregious.It's the type of no-call I prefer, TBH. If it comes a half-step later I think the flag justifiably flies, though.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Lol when was the last time Peterson even played in a game? I'm so tired of the mass circle jerk that he gets.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone on the poll, but maybe some are voting for Lynch partly because he would just be a really cool character to have on your team. And he didn't beat a 4-year old kid bloody.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
keatonisballin":qmw6bya5 said:
Lol when was the last time Peterson even played in a game? I'm so tired of the mass circle jerk that he gets.

2014-09-07
MIN @ STL
21 carries, 75 yards (3.57 yards/carry), zero TDs, 2 receptions, 18 yards, zero TDs

One of only three games he has played in since Dec 8, 2013.
The other two:

2013-12-08
MIN @ BAL
7 carries, 13 yards (1.86 yards/carry), zero TDs, 1 reception, 4 yards, zero TDs

Sat out Week 15 with a foot injury.

2013-12-22
MIN @ CIN
11 carries, 45 yards (4.09 yards/carry), zero TDs, 1 reception, 2 yards, zero TDs

Sat out Week 17 with a foot injury.

Peterson has not scored a TD since 2013-11-24 @ GNB.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawknation2015":36cyzase said:
keatonisballin":36cyzase said:

2014-09-07
MIN @ STL
21 carries, 75 yards (3.57 yards/carry), zero TDs, 2 receptions, 18 yards, zero TDs

One of only three games he has played in since Dec 8, 2013.
The other two:

2013-12-08
MIN @ BAL
7 carries, 13 yards (1.86 yards/carry), zero TDs, 1 reception, 4 yards, zero TDs

Sat out Week 15 with a foot injury.

2013-12-22
MIN @ CIN
11 carries, 45 yards (4.09 yards/carry), zero TDs, 1 reception, 2 yards, zero TDs

Sat out Week 17 with a foot injury.

Peterson has not scored a TD since 2013-11-24 @ GNB.

Not a very large sample size there...He did better than Lynch did last year @STL btw...

Lynch had 18 carries 53 yards with zero TDs, 18 receiving yards AND Seahawks lost...Vikings won

Heck Wilson had more rushing yards than both (106) AND had a TD.

But anyway Lynch and AP...cant go wrong with either....Hope both have great years. I didnt think Lynch would be 40%+ but I guess it shouldnt be too shocking since the Seahawks are the new trendy, hot team the last few years

Paired up with Wilson I think AP would be even better but maybe thats just me. For most of his career he has been with horrible QBs. Outside of one year with Favre he has played with Ponder, Cassel, Gus Frerotte, Mcnabb, and T Jack.