Tyrann Mathieu spends 8 min. in a hot car for PETA

Maulbert

Reaction score
@#$& PETA. I will never support any event sponsored by them, and Tyrann Mathieu can go @#$& himself for working with those monsters. BTW, I love animals, and am against their mistreatment. But I will give to The Humane Society, ASPCA, or Paws. PETA will never see anything from me.

Attachments

• pr2Ab.jpg
    pr2Ab.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,057

rideaducati

Reaction score
Putting a human in a hot car is okay, but heaven forbid we subject an animal to something like that. Could you imagine the OUTRAGE if they had done something like this with an animal? Where are the human rights people when idiot safeties need them the most? :sarcasm_off:

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I went to Best Buy yesterday and parked next to a car that was running and looked to be empty. I peeked inside and saw a kid aged 3 or 4 sitting in the back seat watching cartoons on a tablet. I'm sure the parents left the car running so they could keep the AC on for the kid, but it didn't seem particularly smart (or legal). I guess it was better than leaving him in a hot car, but not nearly as good as taking him into the damn store with you, you morons.

And then there was this I read today: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia-police-dog-dies-after-being-left-in-handlers-hot-patrol-car/

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'm no fan of PETA either......I like a good steak way too much. :D But anything that in some way helps stop people from doing this to animals or other people (looking at you ducati) is a good thing and you all know it.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1ov9eqq3 said:
I'm no fan of PETA either......I like a good steak way too much. :D But anything that in some way helps stop people from doing this to animals or other people (looking at you ducati) is a good thing and you all know it.

Really? Even with the sarcasm sign?

253hawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":25wb2r3h said:
Putting a human in a hot car is okay, but heaven forbid we subject an animal to something like that. Could you imagine the OUTRAGE if they had done something like this with an animal? Where are the human rights people when idiot safeties need them the most? :sarcasm_off:

Well technically they put a honey badger in a hot car...

rideaducati

Reaction score
253hawk":1lultwbr said:
rideaducati":1lultwbr said:

Heathens.

253hawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":1obonopv said:
253hawk":1obonopv said:
rideaducati":1obonopv said:

Heathens.

It's okay though, because he don't care!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rideaducati":6g2z2004 said:
hawksfansinceday1":6g2z2004 said:

Really? Even with the sarcasm sign?
Didn't notice. My bad.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I hate PETA too. They hate humans seemingly as much as they like animals.

But this is a good cause no matter who is behind it. Props to Tyrann. The city he plays in has a few kids or animals die every year in hot cars.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
LOL at the suspenseful music as if something is going to happen. I also enjoyed TM doing stupid things like wiping off the sweat his body is producing to cool him off and flailing his arms creating more body heat. The message is very good, but the delivery is corny. At least they aren't throwing things at people in a stupid stunt like they usually do. PETA can suck it. Animals on the other hand are decent people.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I don't like PETA either. Their advertisements show a clear disdain for human beings, i.e. comparing slaves to chickens. Even this ad could have mentioned the importance of not leaving ANY living thing in a hot car, be it pets or children.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Not a fan of PETA but I gotta give the honey badger props for this.
Every year we have to bust windows out of cars with kids locked in them.
I keep a thermometer in one of my AC vents to keep track of how well it's working. Very common to see it reading above 130 when I get it the car.
Anybody that intentionally leaves a pet in a hot car should be forced to suffer the same fate. Pukes.

kearly

Reaction score
For all Tyrann's past issues, he has always struck me as a very cool person. There is nothing more important a quality to possess than compassion, and guys like Tyrann and Marshawn are caring dudes.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My opinion of Mathieu has been completely changed by his involvement in doing that commercial for PETA. I'm impressed by his actions and now don't regard him as so much of a thug. Good for him!

I find the consequences for people who show uninformed or even depraved indifference to sentient animals to be consistently inadequate to match the cruel or negligent behaviours they've engaged in towards their animals. To those who are deliberately cruel to animals society needs to engage in public shaming. I'd personally like to see more old testiment style punishment visited upon the depraved souls who deliberately are cruel to animals but then again I love animals.