Brandon Browner says he wants to return to Seahawks

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Kinda crappy of him to talk about wanting to return to another team a couple months after signing a three year contract with the Saints. Even if true, it's just dumb and obnoxious to say it.

At least with Bruce Irvin he said it when he's a year from FA and the team he plays for just passed on his option (still kinda dumb to say publicly, but MUCH more excusable, imo).

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Popeyejones":sqri3icv said:
Kinda crappy of him to talk about wanting to return to another team a couple months after signing a three year contract with the Saints. Even if true, it's just dumb and obnoxious to say it.

At least with Bruce Irvin he said it when he's a year from FA and the team he plays for just passed on his option (still kinda dumb to say publicly, but MUCH more excusable, imo).

Yeah, I didn't really mind what Bruce Irvin said, as it was obvious he was hurting after not having his fifth-year option picked up.

Knowledgable Saints' fans should know that Browner was part of something special with the original LOB, and it's perfectly understandable that he would want to return here after his contract is done with the Saints.

If he has anything left in the tank, I wouldn't mind seeing him play his final year with the Seahawks under the veteran minimum. We'll see.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
To be fair, the reporter put him in a difficult position by asking him who the better fans are - while he's in front of a Seahawks crowd and under contract with the Saints. So he said it had to be Who Dat Nation because his paychecks are signed by the Saints, but that he'd like to come back to Seattle someday. I think it was just a clumsy effort at diplomacy and I cringed when he said it.

But of course he'd want to come back into the LOB. What secondary player wouldn't want to, at least secretly?

Exittium

Reaction score
i think he genuinely misses his friends and the bond he's developed with those guys like Sherm, Earl, and Kam.

However he would have still been on the team if he didn't put himself in the position that left the team no real choice to but move on from him either. Both Him and Cary Williams signed 3yr deals, so I guess in 3 years we'll see eh?

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1t1m9mgs said:
Popeyejones":1t1m9mgs said:

Yeah, I didn't really mind what Bruce Irvin said, as it was obvious he was hurting after not having his fifth-year option picked up.

Knowledgable Saints' fans should know that Browner was part of something special with the original LOB, and it's perfectly understandable that he would want to return here after his contract is done with the Saints.

If he has anything left in the tank, I wouldn't mind seeing him play his final year with the Seahawks under the veteran minimum. We'll see.

It's no big deal. Browner probably felt that way shortly after leaving Seattle, and while he was in New England.

That's still where he had the most success, spent the most time with, won his first SB with, and where he made a name for himself as well as a special group with his former hawks teammates. It's normal for a player to still love a team he had his best years with.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
BlackandGolden":na0s4glq said:
hawknation2015":na0s4glq said:
Popeyejones":na0s4glq said:

It's no big deal. Browner probably felt that way shortly after leaving Seattle, and while he was in New England.

That's still where he had the most success, spent the most time with, won his first SB with, and where he made a name for himself as well as a special group with his former hawks teammates. It's normal for a player to still love a team he had his best years with.

I have noticed how Saints' fans have consistently represented themselves well on this board, despite some difficult losses to the Seahawks in the playoffs in recent years. For the most part, they are a respectful fan base to be commended, unlike others who shall not be named.

pmedic920

Reaction score
My guess is that Browner will be too old, if he plays out his 3 yrs with the saints. Not necessarily too old to play but too old to play for the Hawks.

On Saints fans, IMO they are the closest thing we have to a "sister" fan base. Been though a lot of similar stuff.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
hawknation2015":16wxmy9w said:
BlackandGolden":16wxmy9w said:
hawknation2015":16wxmy9w said:
Popeyejones":16wxmy9w said:

I have noticed how Saints' fans have consistently represented themselves well on this board, despite some difficult losses to the Seahawks in the playoffs in recent years. For the most part, they are a respectful fan base to be commended, unlike others who shall not be named.

Thanks, no problem. :thirishdrinkers:

I can see that he was interviewed by Seattle's media, while at Sherman's charity game. Considering that Browner still communicates with his former teammates, there are just some things in life more important than winning games. Friendship is one of them.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
BlackandGolden, you'll love him. He'll bring a toughness to your team that New Orleans hasn't had since Ricky Jackson and his band of brothers when defense was actually played down in bayou.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Maybe if he let Kearse get that rub route in, maybe the Seahawks feel better about signing him during the offseason lol.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":exeayzgs said:
BlackandGolden, you'll love him. He'll bring a toughness to your team that New Orleans hasn't had since Ricky Jackson and his band of brothers when defense was actually played down in bayou.

Ah, good times. Carl Smith's offense held us back and the 49ers were always in the way. Finally making it in the playoffs felt good enough, though.

I look forward to his physical play and leadership ability this season. :th2thumbs:

NINEster

Reaction score
Will Seahawk fans welcome him back?

He denied them a championship at the goal line.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
NINEster":3bozvo3d said:
Will Seahawk fans welcome him back?

He denied them a championship at the goal line.

Perhaps some would not, but personally, I can't imagine holding a grudge against a player for playing well, especially one we elected not to re-sign. I will root for him to do well with the Saints, as long as he's not playing against us.