NFC West Training Camp

ringless

Reaction score
Its finally here! The hardest part of the season is over. Now we get to see the draft picks, and new FA's take their first real reps in padded practices with their new teams. Hopes are always high this year because every team has a shot.

Arizona Cardinals first Practice will be August 1st.
San Fransico 49ers first practice will be August 1st
ST. Louis Rams first practice will be today July 31st,
As well as the Seattle Seahawks.

First off, I think it's really something else that we have so many fans on this forum from a variety of teams that all have a lot to contribute. Especially Marvin and RedAlice. I think the NFL Nation forum is the best online.

Anyways, I hope this thread can kind of consolidate a lot of the news about the practices, incidents, progressions etc for the respective teams in our division that take place. I know Im more than excited to start hearing about actual football again. Im a little jealous I have to wait an extra day!

In any case... Today is the first official roll call... Will Kam's hand be up? :th2thumbs:
Maybe Foles will get to feel the pressure of that Rams D-line and realize its a long season ahead in this division.

Rex

Reaction score
There's only one Rams D-line. OK two with the depth on the Rams D-line and unless one of them is colorblind Foles will be fine. :th2thumbs:

titan3131

Reaction score
How sad are the 49,rams,cardinals fans now that the hawks have russell locked up?

Rex

Reaction score
titan3131":19l81b3p said:
How sad are the 49,rams,cardinals fans now that the hawks have russell locked up?

I'm despondent.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Hawks got a bargain.

Russ deserved it. Even deserved more in my book.

RedAlice

Reaction score
titan3131":1xaehnsq said:

Most of the sites seem to be celebrating it.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":10tmjcbz said:
Thank God football is back.

Ditto.

mysnooop2.gif~c200

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":1f4qswwl said:
titan3131":1f4qswwl said:

Without understanding the situation here I am sure they feel we are cap strung now, were not :)_

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
chris98251":ihhzdxzs said:
RedAlice":ihhzdxzs said:
titan3131":ihhzdxzs said:

Without understanding the situation here I am sure they feel we are cap strung now, were not :)_

You would be correct. They keep thinking its a 4 year deal worth 81 million... I am trying to explain the word extension, and how its really a 5 year deal at a bargain. They believe each year the cap hit will be 20M plus which is very very wrong.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ringless":1gzm7gfr said:
chris98251":1gzm7gfr said:
RedAlice":1gzm7gfr said:
titan3131":1gzm7gfr said:

You would be correct. They keep thinking its a 4 year deal worth 81 million... I am trying to explain the word extension, and how its really a 5 year deal at a bargain. They believe each year the cap hit will be 20M plus which is very very wrong.

It is a 4 year deal worth 81 million, it's just that 5 million of the deal (through bonus money) gets to be spread out over the year he was already under contract.

And the cap hit over the four years of deal averages 20.5 million a year, so, they're actually not very, very, very wrong. They're right.

Not knocking the deal at all, it's right around where it should be IMO, but I don't think you should be "correcting" anyone about it. ;)

chris98251

Reaction score
ringless":2obujxsp said:
chris98251":2obujxsp said:
RedAlice":2obujxsp said:
titan3131":2obujxsp said:

Waiting for the Wagner signing, they will accuse us of printing money next.

Marvin49

Reaction score
titan3131":3tiax2f9 said:

uh...why would we be upset?

I don't think anyone actually thought it wouldn't happen. Now you have to pay your QB north of 20 mil per year. Sounds like a good day to be a Niner/Ram/Cards fan.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":rebxmbun said:
ringless":rebxmbun said:
chris98251":rebxmbun said:
RedAlice":rebxmbun said:

It is a 4 year deal worth 81 million, it's just that 5 million of the deal (through bonus money) gets to be spread out over the year he was already under contract.

And the cap hit over the four years of deal averages 20.5 million a year, so, they're actually not very, very, very wrong. They're right.

Not knocking the deal at all, it's right around where it should be IMO, but I don't think you should be "correcting" anyone about it. ;)

This.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Without understanding the situation here I am sure they feel we are cap strung now, were not :)_[/quote]

You would be correct. They keep thinking its a 4 year deal worth 81 million... I am trying to explain the word extension, and how its really a 5 year deal at a bargain. They believe each year the cap hit will be 20M plus which is very very wrong.[/quote]

Not knocking the deal at all, it's right around where it should be IMO, but I don't think you should be "correcting" anyone about it. ;)[/quote]

This.[/quote]

Just to be clear are you guys saying the Hawks don't have Wilson for the next 5 years on average for less than 20M?

Or is it true that he is signed for the next 5 years, and out of those 5 years 3 are below 20 million, and 2 are above. The 2 being when the Cap is going to be much much higher than it is? Spin it however you want. The fact is this deal is spread out over 5 years. The money is spread out over 5 years, so its basically a 5 year deal at a very cheap rate considering the return

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":yqjxfyzt said:
RedAlice":yqjxfyzt said:
titan3131":yqjxfyzt said:

Yep! I member trying to explain this wasn't fact somewhere last year, now I just ignore it. It's assumed you will have cap issues.

As to Rams - room booked and all set to go see my first ever Rams' camp. Yay!

And, Rams Camp will be live on NFL Network on Aug 6th. :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
Marvin49":2mx2yvt3 said:
ringless":2mx2yvt3 said:

Not knocking the deal at all, it's right around where it should be IMO, but I don't think you should be "correcting" anyone about it. ;)[/quote]

This.[/quote]

Just to be clear are you guys saying the Hawks don't have Wilson for the next 5 years on average for less than 20M?

Or is it true that he is signed for the next 5 years, and out of those 5 years 3 are below 20 million, and 2 are above. The 2 being when the Cap is going to be much much higher than it is? Spin it however you want. The fact is this deal is spread out over 5 years. The money is spread out over 5 years, so its basically a 5 year deal at a very cheap rate considering the return[/quote]

No...we're saying its over 20 million per in the last 4 years of the deal.

BTW, I made this EXACT same argument when Kap signed his contract (6 year deal but kept the first year intact, so 7 years overall) and was labeled "homer". Rising cap, first year intact, etc.

Seahawks may not be strapped, but next year with Wilson and everyone else making their money plus Wagner, plus Kam, plus possibly more for Bennett....it adds up.

Just means you can't keep everyone you might want to keep.

Its reason to rejoice for non Seahawks fans not because they'll fall apart with that contract, but because they'll no longer enjoy the biggest bargain in the NFL.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Marvin49":omx3nt9p said:
Its reason to rejoice for non Seahawks fans not because they'll fall apart with that contract, but because they'll no longer enjoy the biggest bargain in the NFL.

Oh, we're going to enjoy him plenty.
You just sit back and watch us.
:{)