Cardinals 49ers 3D training

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":k2lu43s3 said:
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Cardinals-Work-With-Virtual-Reality/c74791d3-40f4-4293-bf10-77fb2d2a491c

This is pretty cool! It can only help!! Marvin, whats your take on this?

I need to see it before I make judgment. If it really does accurately portray a gameday experience though, works for me.

If it's really good though, by guess is all teams will eventually do it and the edge it provides will be mediated. It'll just end up being another requirement.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I can see the sales pitch for the NFC West now.
Virtual Reality: when you can't beat the Seahawks in the real world.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":iyh77wrv said:
ringless":iyh77wrv said:
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Cardinals-Work-With-Virtual-Reality/c74791d3-40f4-4293-bf10-77fb2d2a491c

This is pretty cool! It can only help!! Marvin, whats your take on this?

I need to see it before I make judgment. If it really does accurately portray a gameday experience though, works for me.

If it's really good though, by guess is all teams will eventually do it and the edge it provides will be mediated. It'll just end up being another requirement.

Kaepernick will get injured when he runs into a wall while running away from the virtual defense because his first read wasn't open.

Rex

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":rqvl73sn said:

Reality: Can't escape the Rams D line so play a little ole video game to make you feel you can.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Rex":cy1nerdq said:
HAWKAMANIA":cy1nerdq said:

Reality: Can't escape the Rams D line so play a little ole video game to make you feel you can.

Last I checked, the Rams knocked out Carson Palmer and the Cardinals still kicked their butt. :lol:

Rex

Reaction score
Maulbert":zdwa0j2u said:
Rex":zdwa0j2u said:
HAWKAMANIA":zdwa0j2u said:

Last I checked, the Rams knocked out Carson Palmer and the Cardinals still kicked their butt. :lol:

:17:

mikeak

Reaction score
Seems like it works for practice but not from real game. I say this from the cameras mentioned during practice.

If it can be provided from games then of course it would be real helpful. In the future we will probably see mini-cameras in the helmets to assit with this maybe even VR broadcast live during a game where you can switch who you are seeing the game as with PIP showing the ball etc

rlkats

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3jcwvphu said:
The Whiners need a 3D world to pretend they're still relevant. Is it possible to make 3D versions of those VHS tapes?

Your hate has made your jab worthless.

No one is saying 5 rings or saying the niners will be relevant. All I have ever read this offseason is how bad they possibly will be. Take a breath and enjoy the off season. Your gonna work yourself up bro.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3ohzzbwt said:
The Whiners need a 3D world to pretend they're still relevant. Is it possible to make 3D versions of those VHS tapes?
Well if Ted Turner can colorize old movies I'm sure what you ask could be done with a 3D printer and lots of money and time.

But everybody knows this is a lost season for the 49ers anyway so it's not any fun for me to kick them right now.

rideaducati

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2dyb56jk said:
hawknation2015":2dyb56jk said:
Well if Ted Turner can colorize old movies I'm sure what you ask could be done with a 3D printer and lots of money and time.

But everybody knows this is a lost season for the 49ers anyway so it's not any fun for me to kick them right now.

Then you're not doing it right.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
rlkats":3gnzc0dn said:
hawknation2015":3gnzc0dn said:

No one is saying 5 rings or saying the niners will be relevant. All I have ever read this offseason is how bad they possibly will be. Take a breath and enjoy the off season. Your gonna work yourself up bro.

Hey rlkats, it was a (bad) joke. But I can't say offense wasn't intended. :th2thumbs:

They don't call you guys the Whiners for nothing.

rlkats

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1tz03618 said:
rlkats":1tz03618 said:
hawknation2015":1tz03618 said:

Hey rlkats, it was a (bad) joke. But I can't say offense wasn't intended. :th2thumbs:

They don't call you guys the Whiners for nothing.

Just harrasing you bud. Lol. Just having some graveyard shift fun. Hahaha.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
It's not used during practice time, so I don't really see how it can hurt.

If useful, it's basically useful as a way to get more mental "practice reps" in light of restrictions in the new CBA.

Stanford's O improved after using it, but it was a half season sample.

Final Verdict: Kinda cool, but I'm absolutely not convinced it's meaningful.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2n3pt3lf said:
It's not used during practice time, so I don't really see how it can hurt.

If useful, it's basically useful as a way to get more mental "practice reps" in light of restrictions in the new CBA.

Stanford's O improved after using it, but it was a half season sample.

Final Verdict: Kinda cool, but I'm absolutely not convinced it's meaningful.

Yeah, honestly, I get the logic of using it to diagnose actual situations, but ultimately, playing under pressure is the only real experience that matters. It's just different when you have sub-4.5 250+ lbs. men breathing down your neck.

rlkats

Reaction score
But but but Wilson and the hawks are football gods and dont need silly fake virtual reality to help them. :sarcasm_on:

;)

rideaducati

Reaction score
rlkats":3mh722ow said:
But but but Wilson and the hawks are football gods and dont need silly fake virtual reality to help them. :sarcasm_on:

;)

I think this system is to help backup QBs and QBs that NEED the extra work because backup reps are limited as are the hours to work on the field. It's basically extra reps for bad QBs like Kaepernick and Tarvaris. :stirthepot:

Latest posts