OT Massie Cardinals suspended 3 games

ringless

Reaction score
@AdamSchefter
In other news, NFL suspending Arizona OT Bobby Massie 3 games for violating Substance Abuse Policy, NFL source told ESPN. Massie appealing.

Well that sucks, he was in line to be our starting RT. He is appealing it so maybe it gets reduced to 1 game.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
@RapSheet
Bobby Massie was arrested for being intoxicated behind the wheel (he was sleeping) the week of the Super Bowl in AZ. Wants it cut to 2 games

rideaducati

Reaction score
I thought these suspensions only made the news after he has already had his appeal. Most suspensions of the sort are 4 games, so I would think the appeal has already been heard and it was reduced by one game.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
rideaducati":199eafd4 said:
I thought these suspensions only made the news after he has already had his appeal. Most suspensions of the sort are 4 games, so I would think the appeal has already been heard and it was reduced by one game.

I guess the new policy is 2 games for a first DUI and more can be added for aggravating circumstances. Which this had. It was an extreme DUI. He decided to sleep in his car which is against the law when you have been drinking especially in AZ. He should know that we have the strictest DUI laws in the country. Stupid on his part.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
ctrcat":205xvqxd said:
Thanks for taking Charlotte native "knee deep" Humphries in the 1st by the way. Not sure why if not to play in a situation like this. Early indications for Shaq Thompson make Panther fans extremely happy the Cards took knee deep. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... uspension/

Well lets not get too excited. Neither of these players have ever played a snap. DJ was always considered a more raw talent with more upside. Arians is pretty well known for calling players out. Knee Deep wont be starting game 1 anyways, he will have to earn it. We aren't in deep enough to know the results of this years draft. I'm sure a lot of people where excited about Ryan Leaf pick at one time too. Only time will tell with ours.

ctrcat

Reaction score
^ I agree but it has to be at least a little concerning when your 1st rounder is a project. Admittedly the Panthers OT's would likely be considered among the least reliable at this point in the league, but 4th rounder Daryl Williams has looked more than ready against some proven performers by comparison.