Corey Peters Cardinals starting DT out for season

ringless

Reaction score
@Cardschatter 2h2 hours ago
DT Corey Peters tears Achilles in left leg. Out for season.

@Cardschatter 2h2 hours ago
Rodney Gunter will step into starting lineup for Peters.

Rookie will take his place

Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki
Rodney Gunter excited about his opportunity, said he'll be ready. I'm surrounded by greatness. I want to be great.

It is so depressing being a Cardinals fan. Yet every year I return for my abuse... A glutton for punishment

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Looking forward to Gunter and even Williams when he gets subbed in.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":19za7yhu said:
Yeesh. Something very wrong in that organization with so many season-ending injuries happening every year.

It was a non contact injury. A lot of these things just come down to luck.

Rex

Reaction score
ringless":1hs3de6m said:
peachesenregalia":1hs3de6m said:
Yeesh. Something very wrong in that organization with so many season-ending injuries happening every year.

Could it be the field? Regardless terrible news.

Jville

Reaction score
What Arians wants at nose tackle sounds very familiar .....
[tweet]https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/634439045200777216[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/634435579153793024[/tweet]

I like strait talk ........ [tweet]https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/634425269583900672[/tweet]

Rex

Reaction score
I wonder when Arians is going to get punched in the nose?

Maulbert

Reaction score
ringless":1zy682xs said:
peachesenregalia":1zy682xs said:

If Arians were in Seattle, I would genuinely start to question his approach to conditioning. No bias, I just don't believe you can blame it all on luck.

drdiags

Reaction score
Injuries are just rotten luck. The Seahawks were losing O-Linemen left and right with torn Pectorals. I wouldn't try being dismissive of any coach's training regimen. K Chancellor got a major knee injury two days before the Superbowl, when a more cautious approach has you just walking through stuff.

Maulbert

Reaction score
drdiags":i3096ghf said:
Injuries are just rotten luck. The Seahawks were losing O-Linemen left and right with torn Pectorals. I wouldn't try being dismissive of any coach's training regimen. K Chancellor got a major knee injury two days before the Superbowl, when a more cautious approach has you just walking through stuff.

I didn't say dismissive, I said question. And bad luck is the indefinable monster that everyone blames when they don't want to take responsibility.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Maulbert":2qy3z0qg said:
drdiags":2qy3z0qg said:

I didn't say dismissive, I said question. And bad luck is the indefinable monster that everyone blames when they don't want to take responsibility.

Achiles injuries aren't really a coaching issue. They aren't really a stretching or warmup issue. Unfortunately they can be caused by any sudden burst or movement. Floyd's broken fingers and surgery weren't from training regimen either. He just happened to land on the ball when going down causing his bones to exit the skin on his fingers for fresh air.

A lot of that is just luck. Had Floyd landed on the ground he likely doesn't get injured. Peters who knows, it was a non-contact injury. Those were both just bad luck

GeekHawk

Reaction score
ringless":jn6padi3 said:
It is so depressing being a Cardinals fan. Yet every year I return for my abuse... A glutton for punishment
I had Seahawks season tix through the 90s. It separates the men from the boys.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sorry man. I want you guys to make the playoffs not the Rams. I can't stand Jeff Fischer and that team plays dirty. Arians is arrogant but his team plays straight up and I love his high risk offense, it's similar to our's and both harken back to the old Raiders in many ways.