Evan Mathis to Broncos

Laloosh

Reaction score
Figures. They needed the help just as much as we do but they value pass blocking more than we do (or so it would appear).

drdiags

Reaction score
Perfectly played by Mathis. Use the Seahawks to get Denver to up the ante. $2.5M isn't bad. Not sure if he can get the $4M. Maybe he should have taken the $5.5M the Eagles were going to pay him?

Nothing ventured I guess?

ringless

Reaction score
drdiags":2vx10o6r said:
Perfectly played by Mathis. Use the Seahawks to get Denver to up the ante. $2.5M isn't bad. Not sure if he can get the $4M. Maybe he should have taken the $5.5M the Eagles were going to pay him?

In a way he still got 5.5 or can get 5.5 as he still got 1 from Philadelphia

Laloosh

Reaction score
drdiags":2ydwmiqk said:

I actually wonder at times if the Seahawks are literally allowing themselves to be used for leverage. "Hey Evan's a cool guy. Let's bring him in for a physical (translation: beers w/ Schneider) and see if we can't get some of our competitors to fork over more cash for his services."

kearly

Reaction score
The Seahawks had already moved Britt to guard and liked what they were seeing before bringing in Mathis. I think it was probably just a case of due diligence by JS.

Maybe Mathis really is damn good, but I'm generally a bit weary of age 33+ OL who built a reputation somewhere else. For all we know, Mathis could be Mike Wahle 2.0.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
kearly":1euo0qk1 said:
The Seahawks had already moved Britt to guard and liked what they were seeing before bringing in Mathis. I think it was probably just a case of due diligence by JS.

Maybe Mathis really is damn good, but I'm generally a bit weary of age 33+ OL who built a reputation somewhere else. For all we know, Mathis could be Mike Wahle 2.0.

Oh man, there's a name I haven't heard in a while.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I thought I had removed Mike Wahle from my memory, but at the sight of his name all the pain and frustration came roaring back.

Threedee

Reaction score
kearly":2ycx0z5w said:

I was wondering where they would put him in light of the change-up. Cable's not going to drop Sweezy, and that would have forced Britt out of the starting rotation.

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
Headline should've read Evan Mathis signs with another perennial disappointment.

endzorn

Reaction score
This thread has taken a turn, but I remember the .Net masses thinking Wahle was going to solve the LG issues despite shoulders like Betty White. 'In Ruskell We Trust'.

I was guilty of sounding the trumpet for Brian Habib in '98 so I should probably shut the hell up.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
:hmmmm:

But then the coach added there "still could be a real competitive situation at right tackle," and at center between Nowak and Lemuel Jeanpierre, the backup to since-traded Max Unger the last five seasons.

A real competitive situation at right tackle could indeed develop if the Seahawks do sign Mathis. That would send Britt back to right tackle to compete with Gilliam.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... rylink=cpy

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Broncos are gonna be really good this year, that's if they can keep Herman Munster upright for all 16 games.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
endzorn":r8ilni99 said:
This thread has taken a turn, but I remember the .Net masses thinking Wahle was going to solve the LG issues despite shoulders like Betty White. 'In Ruskell We Trust'.

I was guilty of sounding the trumpet for Brian Habib in '98 so I should probably shut the hell up.
Holy crap, Brian Habib. The cavalcade of deservingly forgotten names rolls on. Brian Habib! Wow...

athanas

Reaction score
Laloosh":3v5gxod7 said:
drdiags":3v5gxod7 said:

I actually wonder at times if the Seahawks are literally allowing themselves to be used for leverage. "Hey Evan's a cool guy. Let's bring him in for a physical (translation: beers w/ Schneider) and see if we can't get some of our competitors to fork over more cash for his services."

So does that make the Hawks the rebound girl or the hooker you take to the 20 year class reunion?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
kearly":3qqbr9rf said:

Damn good? Per PFF Mathis isn't just the highest rated lineman in the NFL, he's the third highest rated FOOTBALL PLAYER in the NFL.

I think a one year contract for $4 mil would have been a great deal and we should have signed him.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Pretty sure that Peyton's pay cut was 4 million, he just bought himself a lineman.

Latest posts