Patriots blatantly cheating

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
As much as I believe the Patriots cheat and as unnerving as the ESPN article was I just had a hard time thinking that they would be this blatant. I had read elsewhere that New England had issues with their headsets as well and thought what a coincidence this happens now and figured the Pats would be blamed, guilty or not. Well to bad for them, they have made their bed.

After reading this article I've come to the conclusion that New England is getting away with so much that it's worth it for them the few times they are caught. The risk/reward far outweighs any punishments or fines. This is so despicable and I am disgusted at what a lack of integrity Belichick has.

lsheldon

Reaction score
For whatever it is worth, they will have to contend with this from now on. Kinda makes me happy...

From now on, every game, people will think the Patriots are cheating: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/fro ... ar-AAebmu6

The Patriots earned this. They stepped over the line so many times that their credibility is gone. People will always think they’re cheating now, no matter what. Until Bill Belichick and Brady are gone, or until the Patriots lose 10 games a season and no one cares about them, people will think the Patriots are cheating.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Here is why I don't care.

The second Tomlin tells the refs he can't use radios, the Pats can't either.

So why didn't Tomlin do that? I suspect h knows the Pats would just go hurry up O, which they are very used to, and favors them.

Tomlin, adapt or die.

Besides, the Steelers had so many opportunities to score in that game, but between poorly times shitty playcalls, penalties, and lack of execution, the perfect way to lose trifecta, they got beat by a team they were imposing their will on.

When you run the ball like the Steelers did, and lose, shame on you.

Osprey

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2hmba0do said:

So why didn't Tomlin do that? I suspect h knows the Pats would just go hurry up O, which they are very used to, and favors them.

Tomlin, adapt or die.

Besides, the Steelers had so many opportunities to score in that game, but between poorly times shitty playcalls, penalties, and lack of execution, the perfect way to lose trifecta, they got beat by a team they were imposing their will on.

It's up to the officials to kill the radios based on their assessment, not the coach. Reports are saying the issue mysteriously cleared up whenever the officials attempted to verify the complaints.

kearly

Reaction score
lsheldon":3i964j59 said:
For whatever it is worth, they will have to contend with this from now on. Kinda makes me happy...

From now on, every game, people will think the Patriots are cheating: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/fro ... ar-AAebmu6

It's a good article, but... watching a paid journalist give a report with his face inches away from the camera bothers me more than the actual cheating he's reporting on. Must have thought he was taking a selfie.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Scottemojo":21ht5koc said:

Tomlin, adapt or die.

That fake screen with the receiver getting sacked trying to throw the ball after they absolutely gashed them in the run game... so, so dumb.

Threedee

Reaction score
Tomlin was trippin'!

I make that joke everytime I see him on the sidelines, as well as refer to him as Omar, because of his striking resemblance to Omar Epps. :D

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Threedee":1elggxio said:
Tomlin was trippin'!

I make that joke everytime I see him on the sidelines, as well as refer to him as Omar, because of his striking resemblance to Omar Epps. :D
Sometimes we call him Coach Epps on the Steelers boards. Also Coach Cool Shades due to his preference for aviator sunglasses, Shades, and Captain Obvious for his overuse of the word "obviously" in press conferences.

Love here for Coach Tomlin is split about 50/50. Most of the time he is an adequate coach but at least once a game he does boneheaded shit that makes us cuss and throw things at the TV. Like the WR pass play.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Sort of off topic to the above comments about HeadsetGate, but on topic for the OP's thread title. I'm wondering if anybody knows whether the NFL has proceeded with the Brady appeal? Or was that just knee-jerk rhetoric to save face?

Thanks.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Scottemojo":103pn08s said:

Tomlin, adapt or die.

Agreed. Tomlin said something like "strange, it happens every time we come here". So it happens "every time" you go there, and you don't have a contingency plan in place? They should be prepared for it and it would be a non-issue.

Also, I agree that the Patriots probably didn't do anything this time. It would be incredibly brazen for them to attempt something like this amidst all of the controversy surrounding them right now .

chris98251

Reaction score
Patriots are Brazen, they would think that since they have a spotlight on them the NFL wouldn't think to challenge anything they are doing since they would figure they would be good with so much controversy going on.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
tdlabrie":3f3dqfpz said:
Sort of off topic to the above comments about HeadsetGate, but on topic for the OP's thread title. I'm wondering if anybody knows whether the NFL has proceeded with the Brady appeal? Or was that just knee-jerk rhetoric to save face?

Thanks.

Yes, Goodell said they're appealing. But that can take into next year to happen.

So yeah! 18 more months of Deflategate!

Jville

Reaction score
AAetCHk.img

.........Bills Fans Unveil Billboard with Brady Poem.........

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":q234xgu0 said:
Threedee":q234xgu0 said:
Tomlin was trippin'!

Sometimes we call him Coach Epps on the Steelers boards. Also Coach Cool Shades due to his preference for aviator sunglasses, Shades, and Captain Obvious for his overuse of the word "obviously" in press conferences.

Love here for Coach Tomlin is split about 50/50. Most of the time he is an adequate coach but at least once a game he does boneheaded shit that makes us cuss and throw things at the TV. Like the WR pass play.

Is this the same Coach who tripped a player? Just wondering.

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":237vq28a said:
Patriots are Brazen, they would think that since they have a spotlight on them the NFL wouldn't think to challenge anything they are doing since they would figure they would be good with so much controversy going on.

Bellichick has the nuts to do this for sure.

Kraft is the guy who really pisses me off. He knows what they're doing, and has the gall to act so offended and butt hurt about the NFL actually looking into his ball club.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Hawks46":17z2se4n said:
chris98251":17z2se4n said:

Kraft is the guy who really pisses me off. He knows what they're doing, and has the gall to act so offended and butt hurt about the NFL actually looking into his ball club.

When it's all a bunch of untrue BS? And I mean ALL of it, except for some sideline video of coaches' signals 9 years ago (which they freely admitted to doing cause the rule was poorly written, what they did actually didn't break the rule as written).

ringless

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2s8lzk2u said:
Hawks46":2s8lzk2u said:
chris98251":2s8lzk2u said:

When it's all a bunch of untrue BS? And I mean ALL of it, except for some sideline video of coaches' signals 9 years ago (which they freely admitted to doing cause the rule was poorly written, what they did actually didn't break the rule as written).

Now you even think that what they did back then wasn't cheating?

They can and have done no wrong ever in your eyes. Ex Refs, players, assistants, staff. Current teams, the NFL, and evidence are all wrong.

Your fumble rate all of a sudden is on pace to be double last year. But I'm sure thats just another coincidence right?

grm

Reaction score
Pats fan here. There are more like me, too. We know the Pats cheated, and Brady is lying. Krafty is in on the game, as is BB. Having said that it was pretty brazen of BB to give the NFL a little poke with the headset thing in game 1. He's a bit nasty. Also, despite Brady being less than a role model, he's killing it now, and if Gronk and JE stay healthy, they will be back in the mix at the end of the season. And if they reach the SB...they win this year.
Having said that I do like the Hawks, and in fact all the NFCW teams...I'd like to see the 49ers do well also...like the fight Kaep and Palmer/Foles have shown through all the adversity. Nice to see the Hawks D intact again.
Good luck to all the fans here. Go Pats. ;)