Winston vs. Mariota

DonovanJM

Reaction score
Is anyone watching this game? Being a Duck fan I'm a bit of a Mariota Homer but I didn't think he would do this well. Is the Tampa D that horrible? Is Winston that lost this early in his career? I thought the Titans D was supposed to be bad.

OP
OP
DonovanJM

DonovanJM

Reaction score
Mariota 4 TD passes in the 1st halfhalf. 157.9 QB rating first half. I know this is probably an aberration but wow!

CPHawk

Reaction score
That Mariota guy is a system qb, can't take a snap from center, can't throw into tight windows and is a waisted pick. Said by idiot talking heads,Trent Dilfer and ignorant rival fans.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I've said all offseason I'd trade Wilson and picks for Mariota. He's the tall actual NFL QB version of Wilson

CPHawk

Reaction score
Threedee":rfefa49h said:
Winston lobster tail jokes are going to be awesome his entire career.

Yep, they'll also be a hit when he's hanging out with Leinart, Young and Johnny foosball.

RedAlice

Reaction score
DonovanJM":1fz6tpg1 said:
Mariota 4 TD passes in the 1st halfhalf. 157.9 QB rating first half. I know this is probably an aberration but wow!

If you watched the Titan pre-season game v Rams and watched M on the bench: he's real. It is a fact, whether he needs to learn and grow, or just is, he's a next elite.

CPHawk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":i8v4153r said:
Mariota looks like a tall RW, Winston looks like Jar Jar Binks

Well he's also like Wilson, if Wilson had a offensive coordinator like Whiz, and if Wilson had had Harry Douglas, Hunter and Walker to throw to. Wilson has flourished with the 7 dwarfs to throw to most of his career, and a avg to below avg OC.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He had a nice start

The next 4 weeks will tell us a lot about him. Browns, Colts, Bills, Dolphins. Three of those teams have nasty defenses and the Colts have had the Titans number for years.